Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM

854 posts, read 1,978,218 times

Advertisements

if you want wolves, it might be worth your while to hire a helicopter. hunting wolves from a helicopter is the best and easiest way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Hand Marksman View Post
-We will only be using basic licences will the Rangers chap out asses if caught or can the be bribed,
You are an astute fellow, so I'm going to put it bluntly. You've clearly realized the many problems you'll face (tribal relations, etc), and in this one sentence touched on perhaps the most obvious way to avoid trouble for yourself in Alaska. As in many parts of the world, a little something green under the table will keep things flowing here.

I would suggest that where ever you are in Alaska you quickly search out one of these Ranger chaps and get them on your side. Don't push it too fast. Let them know more or less where you are from, and where you are coming from. Then sort of put a few hundred on the palm. That's if you are just going to be in that area for awhile, but when you are where you really want to have the party and shoot all the animals, make it at least a couple grand.

These guys are very good at what they do; and with a little grease to keep things moving along, they'll make sure you are well taken care of. You won't be getting cold, or lack food or any of the basics for enjoying your stay. They'll keep tribal folks locked up away from you too.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:44 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
When you come here, beware of the Fulani people, they don't like outsiders that much. Especially when you take their game from them.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,771 times
Put down the guns, Jedediah, and pick up a book.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:47 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Default based on your use of the word "chaps" and your

inability to spell I highly doubt you were "raised mainly in Texas" and lived in California. I personally would guess either Australia or Zimbabwe
Quote:
alaska is twice as big as my home state with alot different wildlife. its also gonna be one of my chaps bachelor party so we want a wild time it will be something different then the Las Vegas stripper shows we had for mine. A couple chaps getting liquored up in the great American frontier hunting rare specimens as our ancsestors did while having a celebration....priceless!

Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Default the have snow leopards in Alaska? I'M IN!

Quote:
Hello I am knew to this forum. I am a avid hunter from California but i was mostly raised in Texas. I plan on taking a hunting trip in the spring with a few of my chaps. We have conquered most of the US and got didley squat in Hawaii so overall our next frontier is the vast plains and mountains of Alaska.

From what i expect i would assume to be hunting a few hours from Anchorage and i will be looking for a 4 day hunt. We will be aiming for grizzley and moose and elk with wolfs and snow lepords welcome aswell. I also heard there are many-a-tribe of locals in the Alaska region so i was wondering if i need to barter with them, if they are friendly or if me and my chaps will have to defend ourselves with arms in their presence.

If you can answer my question i think me and my crew maybe a-ok.

-Whats the best time in new spring where their wont be any snow?
-Whats the best place to catch multiple prey north of Anchorage?
-Are there tribes and bushman and how are they to deal with?
-Does the Alaskan Ranger Core allow us to build a shelter to stock pile our catches before we ATV them out of the bush?
-We will only be using basic licences will the Rangers chap out asses if caught or can the be bribed, we are dying to catch some snow lepords but i heard they are endanged.

thats it for now but i will be in and out asking more question and responding to answers

thanks guy folk, thanks
and "wolves" and "grizzly" or try woofs and grizz; this guy is going to Alaska to shoot "something" but I'm not sure he knows what he's going to shoot.
-I'll tell grandpa NOT to run along his trapline while this guys "entourage" is in town EVEN IF "tribal" (we still use that term? I thought that was only used in Mogadishu?) scouts are used I'm sure they'll figure this group out real fast.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Totek is at it again...

Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,115 times
Quote:
-Are there tribes and bushman and how are they to deal with?
You might try contacting the Ircenrraats in the Yukon-Kuskokwim area.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:23 PM

11 posts, read 7,512 times
how is this area to go to in alaska? we are thinking about going in mid-April. is this a good area to get around with alot to see and hunt? its the area in orange

Old 02-28-2011, 04:25 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,847,561 times
Warpt beat me to it. This is clearly a joke thread. No need to waste any more time on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska