Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 PM

868 posts, read 1,427,149 times

Advertisements

Well, if it's going to be a slumber party, we need games, too.

I think we should play pin-the-tail-on-highlife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,826 times
No Stiffy, we are not going to be playing Twister.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:00 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,869,721 times
Double snort and spew! Thanks for the laughter!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Dammit.
I'm single!!

Ladies?

Anyone?

**crickets**

Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 PM

115 posts, read 165,887 times
Well, I am jumping into this one late...
however.... I am almost 50 (in another month)... just recently and abruptly single (got dumped by email while I was deployed)... and just moved to Alaska (Anchorage area) a month ago...

I checked out a couple of the dating sites... Plenty of Fish and Match...

There are some nice decent guys out there... and some really strange guys, too....

I'm not in any big hurry to get "involved" or serious about anyone, but thought it would be fun to get out in adult male company once in a while... (I'm watching my 5 year old and 1 year old grandchildren for the next year while my daughter is deployed)....

That all being said... I usually just have MUCH more fun hanging out with people - male and female - as friends... who share some interests and have a sense of humor...

I am game for the chick weekend! It sounds like a lot of fun. I also want to learn to hunt... I do fish, and will look for some guidance on fishing in Alaska, once it is time...

BTW - I've found just hanging out in places where people go who share my interests usually leads to making some friends - I'm a biker and meet people at the Harley dealers who are really nice.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
awesome fearless! you seem very friendly so i am sure you will make friends quickly. and maybe you might meet that special someone someday! i look forward to hearing about your adventures as a newcomer to AK! how are you adjusting to the weather?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
You all should get together one weekend and rent some rooms up at the Forks Roadhouse for a couple of nights.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM

115 posts, read 165,887 times
Doing OK with the weather... having a little bit of a hard time, just coming out of the year in Africa... but lived in MN and Chicago for 14 years... so...

I LOVE THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!

The snow and the mountains here are just magical... watching the full moon rise, was incredible.

I have found people here to be very friendly!

I did find this out at the daycare... so... apparently, they don't shut things down for snow, but... if it RAINS... then EVERYTHING shuts down... because it all turns to ice.

I don't know if I will meet a "special someone" or THAT special someone... I have met many special someones... they just didn't stick it out, or they screwed up enough for me to leave. Ah well.

I am a happy person, and have a great time - whether I'm alone, or not... and I don't have a fear of being alone... I think being with someone and being unhappy is WAY worse.

If I do meet a great guy... so be it... and if not, well, that is OK too.

Take that job, get up here, and it looks like there are a bunch of us who will have a great time... I may go out snowshoeing with one of the CD folks... (female)... next time she goes... and there are singles groups who do outdoor activities... hiking, biking, etc.... though I do think the fort looks WAY cool!

I love to play Scrabble, and I am hoping to find some people to play.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You all should get together one weekend and rent some rooms up at the Forks Roadhouse for a couple of nights.
Where is that?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,771 times
This sounds great. I think you gals should all get together for several days of fun, then post pics of the festivities. Include one of Metlakatla, as I've always wondered what she looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska