Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'll be sure to let my BIL know that...
Michelle is your sister?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
I'm wondering why it's so important to some people that others believe the way that they do. Can anyone shed some light on this? Eves is always railing on about it, but I'm not convinced that he (or others who go on in the same manner) care much for the eternal salvation of my soul.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,458 times
I know links to other sites are forbidden here, but I read a blog about that very thing just yesterday. I'll send you the web addy when I track it down again.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 PM

27,552 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Sure they do. Go to Mecca and burn a copy of the Koran. The outcome is 100% predictable and easily tested.
I modified my previous post. However, your response vividly points out just how bad the effects of believing in religious falsehoods and ideologies can be.

I'm not totally anti-religion though. There are some things which can be learned from religion - like useful moral principles which have evolved in societies over long periods of time. It's not necessary to throw the baby out with the bathwater. However, you don't need religion to have morality.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I'm wondering why it's so important to some people that others believe the way that they do. Can anyone shed some light on this? Eves is always railing on about it, but I'm not convinced that he (or others who go on in the same manner) care much for the eternal salvation of my soul.
I believe it goes back to the days when the Church was the DeFacto Government. Just like today, non-participation was not an option. Non-believers were hunted down as a threat to society. Today, we have the IRS for that.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
However, your response vividly points out just how bad the effects of believing in religious falsehoods and ideologies can be..
Oh I dunno. Watching those knuckleheads flail themsevles bloody with chains makes for some pretty entertaining TV.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM

27,552 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Unless you witnessed each one of these events happen then you must have faith and belief that the person reporting it to you isn't just laying out a line of BS. Just like the whole evolution thing, total fabricated BS.
Evolution is a scientific fact. It is also a major cornerstone of modern science. Not only that, but evolution by natural selection is one of the most amazing scientific discoveries ever made.

To deny evolution is to practically denigrate the entire endeavor of science.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,782,944 times
Quote:
When are you going to stop living off of the labor of your children?
Where do you come off lying again about my children; The money they make is theirs; how many times do I have to say this.

My money every month comes from 4 pensions! I make $ selling photographs.

Its your turn - go fish!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,782,944 times
Quote:
Evolution is a scientific fact. It is also a major cornerstone of modern science. Not only that, but evolution by natural selection is one of the most amazing scientific discoveries ever made.

Then Prove how; out of nothing - everything was perfectly designed with great incredible precision.

Mankind has yet to make a watch or clock that is as precise as the universe. And somehow "nothing" created it better than man can accomplish

Just how do you go about proving that this is just happenstance? Show me facts -!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,685,613 times
Quote:

Evolution is someones pipe dream. There are just too many holes in it. If it was replicable then please enlighten us as to what species is currently in an evolutionary phase that we might witness said event? And please don't confuse adaptation with evolution.

Maybe you could tell us what bears were before they were bears? I'm guessing maybe they were plankton? But maybe everything was plankton before it was what it is now?

Even though I think the theory of evolution is complete bunk it doesn't denigrate the entire endeavor of science.

I thought this article on polar bears was an excellent example of adaptation. Made pretty good logical sense to me...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/sc...s.html?_r=1&hp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska