Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The very first inviolable rule I was taught about hunting by my father when I was eight years old was, "If you shoot it, you eat it."

I have since come to understand that there are several different mindsets concerning hunting.
  • At one end of the spectrum there are those who oppose hunting altogether. They feel that no one should kill another living critter, not even in a survival situation.
  • Then there are those who have absolutely no interest in hunting. They are usually apathetic on the subject, and have not spent much time considering the possibility or simply have other interests besides hunting.
  • Then there are the causal hunters, like myself, that enjoys getting outside to apply their knowledge and understanding of their quarry and environment to supplement their diet, but are not dependent upon hunting.
  • Then there are the "sport" hunters. They are not interested in supplementing their diet. They want to test their knowledge and understanding or their quarry and environment, and a kill is a measure of their success. They are there for the challenge, not the meat.
  • Then there are those who must hunt in order to survive. They are not interested in tracking or out-smarting their quarry. That requires too much time and effort. When you or your family's survival is on the line, you want your food to be taken as easily and as quickly as possible.
  • At the other end of the spectrum there are those with the poacher mentality. They do not give a damn about anyone or anything but themselves and what they can get out of the endeavor.
Each of these different generalizations represents someone with a different view on hunting. A lot of these different mindsets are cultural or traditional. Just like how Alaskan natives have a different out-look towards their domesticated dogs than most lower-48ers.
I thought this was a good commentary on the various types of hunters. I would like to point out that despite the heated rhetoric otherwise that it would also apply to 'liberals' and 'conservatives' and whatever point of view you look at them. There are as many types of liberals and conservatives as there are trees in the forest or stars in the skies. As a citizen of Alaska I don't give a hoot about someone's political persuasion as long as they stay out of my face-but I darn well expect them to respect our laws.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:35 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,686,730 times
Ted's in more trouble.

Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 04-22-2012, 06:13 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,808,727 times
Perfect....lets hope a lot more follows, all the way to him getting what he asked for....dead by this time next year

Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,618 times
Enough! I am sure I agree with you politically, but that kind of talk is just stooping to the same miserable level.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:20 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,131 times
Man....I've had ton's of stuff deleted that didn't even come close to that.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Whats the problem, did I misspell something...?

nah....no one could possibly stoop to Ted's level...well perhaps ole Limbaugh and dirtbag Ann Coulter

Using Ted's exact words.... "we need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off "....lets do it.....Ted-Rush-Coulter would be a good start.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's what I was thinking. Call it "Alaskan Atheists hate Ted Nugent"!!!
Do you really want to go there? Most of the hatred has come from Ted's own mouth, calling people "subhuman," and "coyotes," and urging, even if only as a figure of speech, that his allies chop off the heads of Democrats.

Who do I see supporting him? Christians.

I am seeking, trying to find something to believe in that feels right to me, but honestly, I have seen the atheists and anti-theists show a lot more compassion and charity in this discussion than I have seen from those who defend talk like Ted Nugent's.

As corny as it may sound, I am reminded of those bracelets that are supposed to prompt the wearer to always ask "what would Jesus do," before acting or speaking. Is this what you all are doing right now? If it is, I would rather hang with the Samaritans. They embraced the "wrong" beliefs, too.

Dear God, deliver me from your followers.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Whats the problem, did I misspell something...?

nah....no one could possibly stoop to Ted's level...well perhaps ole Limbaugh and dirtbag Ann Coulter

Using Ted's exact words.... "we need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off "....lets do it.....Ted-Rush-Coulter would be a good start.
The problem is you fighting hate with hate. It accomplishes nothing. How can you condemn talk like that when you engage in the same thing?

And believe me, I think it is time for the left to take the gloves off and fight back, but not with this kind of inflammatory rhetoric.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 PM

Ted better be hiring a battalion of body guards.....

Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM

You are hurting your own cause. For the love of all that is sane and reasonable, please shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska