Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times

Advertisements

Have you drove down to Anchorage yet? That is a very nice drive from Fairbanks, lots of scenery. I'm going to Anchorage next weekend, not sure what I'll be doing, might have to take a road trip somewhere. I leave for London on the 6th, so I have a free weekend of doing nothing, which I need. I haven't left here since August, a trip is way overdue. Might have to head up your way for a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 AM

639 posts, read 1,916,543 times
Nope haven't really went on any road trips yet. We are being frugal so that we don't have to worry about needing any of the necessities until a real job is landed

Old 04-26-2008, 09:28 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,217,554 times
Hi Megensmom, My husband and I just read all 47 pages of this thread and are so impressed. We could picture your trip, at least to the border. We were actually in SC visiting my mother in law in Easley when that big storm came through in March. I hope we are just as lucky with our trip up there. We are in Viginia right now visiting my mom and then plan on moving to the Mat-su valley next month. Nice to see it doesn't take 2 weeks to get there. We will be driving our fully loaded RV with 6 kids, 3 dogs and a cat. Pray for us!!!! But at least we can save money on food and hotels, but the gas is gonna hurt I'm sure. Just wanted to say hi and glad you made it ok. Will be checking out your blog, alot of your info was so useful like about the health certificates. Take care and God Bless! P.S. We will be bringing some Luzianne Tea with us for sure.... haha!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChasers8 View Post
Hi Megensmom, My husband and I just read all 47 pages of this thread and are so impressed. We could picture your trip, at least to the border. We were actually in SC visiting my mother in law in Easley when that big storm came through in March. I hope we are just as lucky with our trip up there. We are in Viginia right now visiting my mom and then plan on moving to the Mat-su valley next month. Nice to see it doesn't take 2 weeks to get there. We will be driving our fully loaded RV with 6 kids, 3 dogs and a cat. Pray for us!!!! But at least we can save money on food and hotels, but the gas is gonna hurt I'm sure. Just wanted to say hi and glad you made it ok. Will be checking out your blog, alot of your info was so useful like about the health certificates. Take care and God Bless! P.S. We will be bringing some Luzianne Tea with us for sure.... haha!
Dreamer, heres a few helpful links.

Alaska Highway, Alcan Highway

Alaska Travel Guide and Alaska Trip Planner, The MILEPOST: Alaskan travel guide and Alaskan trip planner for Alaska, Yukon Territory, British Columbia, Alberta and Northwest Territories

Your Gateway to the Circumpolar North - ExploreNorth

Drive BC

Canada and United States Travel - Highway and Road Conditions, Weather, Airports, Ferries, Traffic and Transit

Old 04-26-2008, 10:14 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,217,554 times
Thanks warptman will check these out. I love how helpful everyone is. Hopefully indicative of the majority of people there. There has to be a better place then the lower 48! Things just get worse here every year. We can't wait to get there, just a few more weeks!!! Wish we had found this forum sooner.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:37 PM

639 posts, read 1,916,543 times
The people not only here are very friendly but I find that the people of Fairbanks and other areas are just a nice bunch. I really noticed it when I went to Walmart and had to ask for help and the person went out of their way to help and smiled the whole time.

On a good note we got our Economic stimulus check today..YAY

Old 04-27-2008, 05:34 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megensmom View Post
On a good note we got our Economic stimulus check today..YAY
I think we'll be waiting awhile for ours.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 AM

115 posts, read 366,443 times
Default Megansmom Blog

Does anyone know the address to Megansmom's blog or web site?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 AM

947 posts, read 3,572,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Hollow View Post
Does anyone know the address to Megansmom's blog or web site?
Yes, but we can't give it out on the boards here in public. The meanie censors who run this site won't let us.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 AM

115 posts, read 366,443 times
I understand, Thanks Radio!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska