Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times

Advertisements

Who in their right mind would ever contact the Fish and game for any reason. I have thought about building radar for my plane just to avoid them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:01 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I am very sad to report that two weeks ago; Donald Oktollik of Point Hope died one weekend; HOMELESS in Anchorage asleep in the woods, he never woke up. Extended prolonged alcohol abuse was listed as the cause of his death.

Don Oktollik was @ Bean's Cafe when we were in that place a year ago. He wasn't allowed inside of Brother Francis shelter. 30 days is all you get in that place. Then you have to leave, yet some people get to live there permanently.

I have known Don Oktollik quite well over the past many years; I married his sister in 1982. It is so sad to witness someone waste their life over alcohol. He died very young @ age 55.
Have you see people die on the streets that did not abuse or even drink alcohol?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megensmom View Post
But lots of them have no clue on how to read them.
It is a crying shame but it has been very obvious at times; some people just can't even plainly read simple sentences at all !!

That has happened too many times right on this board.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Have you see people die on the streets that did not abuse or even drink alcohol?
I've seen people die from just crossing the street(s) in Anchorage with no alcohol involved. Ashley Oktolliks youngest daughter. tisk tisk. It was in the news a couple of years ago here in Anchorage. (different oktollik family).

Old 05-26-2011, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,770 times
Default I dnt know if ur talkin abt my dad Donald K Oktollik...

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
but if u are my dad didnt die from alcohol or in the woods... who ever told u that, that is a lie... my dad died at the ANMC hospital n the cause of death was an heart attack... n if u knew my dad he wasnt 55yrs old he was only 52yrs old...

Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,105 times
^ Kate, it is David Eves, or SityData, who wrote the comment to which you are referring. He says that he married your father's sister (if it is the same Don Oktollik) in 1982, and that he "knew Don Oktollik quite well". If this man is a part of your family, perhaps you should speak with him about spreading false facts about your family on the internet.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
BTW whatever happened to megansmom?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
BTW whatever happened to megansmom?
I believe that she and her family moved back to...was it North or South Carolina? There were family reasons involved, I think.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I believe that she and her family moved back to...was it North or South Carolina? There were family reasons involved, I think.
I remember now, she did say something about leaving Alaska.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:23 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I did something dumb once. I rode my bicycle in a relatively remote area on a two lane highway. It is important to note that the bicycle wasn't working properly. I also wasn't wearing a helmet. I couldn't stop the bicycle because the breaks were not working. I crashed into a sign, hit my face, and fell backwards, landing on my back. I broke my spine and had to get surgery later that day. It is a miracle that I can walk. This happened about 45 minutes away from Atlanta,GA. The reason I mention this is because I wonder what would have happened if I tried this outside of Anchorage or Fairbanks. I was on a wooded stretch of road, but at least the hospital wasn't that far and an ambulance was able to come in 15 minutes, as well as the fire department. I wonder what would have happened to me if I tried this out in the Alaska bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska