Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,950,025 times

Advertisements

Ed & Deb are right as far as the local humane societies are concerned. They're a great place to start. Its always better to start locally & make your community the best that it can be for the animals that share that space with you. Now here in Charlotte there's the pet food bank. The county also helps to neuter pets. But there's plenty of bad things happening here too. We have puppy mills & horrible cases of abuse & neglect. One county over from mine there's a city run shelter that's supposed to be placing pets in loving homes. Just recently I discovered through folks here on CD, that they aren't even trying to find homes for the animals they're just gassing them. It... its really hard to think about dogs & cats suffering like that & then thinking about our puppy... If he ran off & got picked up & no one checked his chip. We would never know.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 9,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
The dogs that died were flown off for an autopsy right away. This does show that Alaska cares, they want to find out what really happened. There is no need for PETA to get involved.
So doing an autopsy is enough?
You've got to be kidding...are you that much of an idiot or animal hater?

The races should be cancelled unless they show a true commitment to animal safety by prevention...which in the 21st century should NOT be that HARD if they REALLY cared.

Typical country 'boys'.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrit View Post

The races should be cancelled unless they show a true commitment to animal safety by prevention...which in the 21st century should NOT be that HARD if they REALLY cared.

Typical country 'boys'.
You can't possibly be that dense. Yeah, we're going to cancel the races because some lower-48 loudmouth says so. Where do these nutcases come from and why do they seem to gravitate to our forums?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,565,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Sorry to say, but that says alot about a person who feels not one ounce of remorse, sadness, disgust or anything close to that upon knowing of the horrors those animals go through.
But instead you will eat a salad made from vegetables that were ripped from the earth, butchered on a board and seasoned with more mangled vegetation...

All because they can't scream so that makes you feel superior?

That is why most people go to McDonald's verses hunting for the food themselves, no stomach for real life...

Same way with those that eat salads, they go to the store to get the vegetables, because they can't handle ripping them out of the ground or cutting their stocks to kill them... Oh the pain...

Me, I like a big steak, moose or beef and a good salad to boot.... Don't mind the hunt or the gardens, just hate driving to town....

6,424 posts, read 13,244,325 times
Nope, not an idiot. Nor am I an animal hater, rather an animal lover.
Have you ever seen these dogs? I highly doubt it. If you did, you would see that they truly love what they are doing, they just want to run, run, and run.

You need to do a bit more research be for you post. Guido doesn't like people like you.

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Ed & Deb are right as far as the local humane societies are concerned. They're a great place to start. Its always better to start locally & make your community the best that it can be for the animals that share that space with you. Now here in Charlotte there's the pet food bank. The county also helps to neuter pets. But there's plenty of bad things happening here too. We have puppy mills & horrible cases of abuse & neglect. One county over from mine there's a city run shelter that's supposed to be placing pets in loving homes. Just recently I discovered through folks here on CD, that they aren't even trying to find homes for the animals they're just gassing them. It... its really hard to think about dogs & cats suffering like that & then thinking about our puppy... If he ran off & got picked up & no one checked his chip. We would never know.
Around christmas I was reading an article in our local "Milwaukee" magazine about puppy mills. They are HUGE in the Amish community, why I don't know. I'm not trying to be prejudice about the Amish, but when I read that it got me pretty mad. Specifically, it was about an Amish community here in Wisconsin. Those poor animals. That's why I constantly hear that you shouldn't buy a pet from a pet store because they always come from mills.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,950,025 times
Quote:

Typical country 'boys'.
Looks like you joined up just for this thread.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM

26 posts, read 62,805 times
Quote:

Typical country 'boys'.

Oh boy here we go...another yahoo throwing in their -2 cents and dumbing down the conversation. Do some research on the race, the care for the dogs, and all the steps that are taken to prevent injuries to the teams. Oh and read all of the thread and try to post something that someone else hasn't already. Simply stating that the races should be cancelled unless they show what ever you deem "true commitment" is a little vague and shows you don't know what steps are currently taken.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM

5 posts, read 9,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
You can't possibly be that dense. Yeah, we're going to cancel the races because some lower-48 loudmouth says so. Typical liberal "airhead".
How is that being a liberal "airhead."
I love it how Alaskans like to justify their extreme crueltly and torture by saying "well you don't live here...you're from the lower 48 and a liberal."
So what...is that the best defense you've got?

I don't think anybody with half a brain can argue freezing dogs to death is "justified" for amusement.

But then again, I don't live in Alaska and I'm liberal....so I can see clearly what's so right about this

Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
But instead you will eat a salad made from vegetables that were ripped from the earth, butchered on a board and seasoned with more mangled vegetation...

All because they can't scream so that makes you feel superior?

That is why most people go to McDonald's verses hunting for the food themselves, no stomach for real life...

Same way with those that eat salads, they go to the store to get the vegetables, because they can't handle ripping them out of the ground or cutting their stocks to kill them... Oh the pain...

Me, I like a big steak, moose or beef and a good salad to boot.... Don't mind the hunt or the gardens, just hate driving to town....
Well I think maybe you should read some of my other posts on this thread & a couple others. I don't like hunting, I could never do it myself, but if the hunter actually uses the whole animal rather than just killing for sport, than I'm ok with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska