Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:20 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texheat00 View Post
I don't think I went off on you however, if it was precieved that way from your point of view, I do sincerely apologize. I do sometimes have tendancies to be rather short fused and on the defensive, I blame it on my former profession, that does not however excuse rude behavior. Having said that I do certainly hope you accept my apologies.
Rep to ya Tex...you are a gentleman. We can all be short-fused at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
I just can't wait to learn how to hunt Alaska! I've hunted my entire life, and can't wait to hunt the real wilderness of Alaska. This move is going on 6 yrs in the making and now my family is near the end of preperation. So you can imagine how excited I am!But I think for the first couple of years I 'm going to concentrate on making good family friends, and from those friends try to extract as much knowledge about Alaska as I can. Sometimes I get a little over zellous and try to do everything RIGHT NOW! I believe I'm going to slow down and actually try and learn the tricks of hunting and fishing in Alaska. Make as many friends as possible, I mean to me thats what the outdoors is all about sharing with friends and family.
With those thoughts, you are guaranteed to be a success...welcome Texheat...

Old 07-26-2009, 01:51 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Not a problem, tex.

By the way, this statement is an absolute lie as well as a sociopathic fantasy...you aren't very likely to get murdered, as implied...though I'd say it's fairly obvious that certain neighborhoods in Wasilla should be avoided.

Quote:
The lucky ones are caught by law enforcement. Alaska is indeed vast and rugged, and people who really **** off the locals have a way of disappearing, never to be seen from again.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:53 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Not a problem, tex.

By the way, this statement is an absolute lie as well as a sociopathic fantasy...you aren't very likely to get murdered, as implied...though I'd say it's fairly obvious that certain neighborhoods in Wasilla should be avoided.
Actually Tex there are neighborhoods and areas "all" over Alaska that you'll want to avoid for sociopaths, as you would have there in Texas and ALL of the lower 48 States.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Actually Tex there are neighborhoods and areas "all" over Alaska that you'll want to avoid for sociopaths, as you would have there in Texas and ALL of the lower 48 States.
I was typing specifically of the neighborhood which the author of the complete lie about people being murdered resides. It's best to err on the side of caution and avoid these unstable types. There's gotta be something wrong with someone who fantasizes that has a way of happening to people merely because they p iss off the locals.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:18 PM

33 posts, read 65,222 times
Thanks for the advice. Hre in Texasmy family is used to a certain life style.We are not rich by any means however, we do live in an upscale subdivision. I have been looking at homes in Wasilla area that is around the price that we live in now, and wow! What a difference. My house here was 350 and some change but its also almost 4000 sqft. That is almost unheard of in Alaska.I guess it would be too hard to heat? But there are some real nice homes I'm just real worried about the neighborhood, I do have small children and would hate to be put in prison in Alaska, because someone tried to hurt one of them! Here in Tex, I know where to stay away from, not the case there! Hopefully our vacations there and the realtor were working with will work out. Wish me luck!

Old 07-26-2009, 03:21 PM

Oh and just to give ya'll a little idea of the hell we go through here in Texas. No snow, no sub freezing temps but....36 consecutive 100 plus days, less than 6" of rain since Jan, and my damn electric bill was $650 last month! I'm ready to move!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Hre in Texasmy family is used to a certain life style.We are not rich by any means however, we do live in an upscale subdivision. I have been looking at homes in Wasilla area that is around the price that we live in now, and wow! What a difference. My house here was 350 and some change but its also almost 4000 sqft. That is almost unheard of in Alaska.I guess it would be too hard to heat? But there are some real nice homes I'm just real worried about the neighborhood, I do have small children and would hate to be put in prison in Alaska, because someone tried to hurt one of them! Here in Tex, I know where to stay away from, not the case there! Hopefully our vacations there and the realtor were working with will work out. Wish me luck!
A 4,000 square foot house in Alaska would be a terrible idea. Mcmansions just don't belong in such an environment.

Alaska has pretty good self-defense laws, BTW. Read the data on crimes in anyplace you're moving to, paying close attention to locations of crimes. It tells a lot about where you may want to avoid.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,543 times
We do have homes that large and larger. Of course, everything is more expensive the larger your house is. Here is a selection of larger homes. As you will notice, the price is considerably higher for those homes.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:12 PM

Nice homes, but I'm leaving that here in Texas! My wife and kids will pick out the house, as long as I get a basement! Never had one before, I'm excited about having a basement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska