Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM

314 posts, read 1,217,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyl View Post
Diversity is a fine up to a point. But no one wants to feel like an outsider in his own home.
I suggest you actually travel outside of America once in your life. You'll see places that function quite well outside of "how America does things." You might even realize that other places have a quality of life superior to America's today. That was not always the case. But since Americans can't shake our "gotta have it quick and cheap" mentality...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused005.gif (broken link)

Maybe if you bother to care about "other people" you'll come to learn that "other people" aren't interested in taking over America and kicking the whities out...they're interested in making themselves better and, as a byproduct, America better. It is hard to better ones self and destroy one's surroundings in the process, eh?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,612 times
Nice point Jarndyce

Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 AM

3 posts, read 7,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarndyce View Post
I suggest you actually travel outside of America once in your life. You'll see places that function quite well outside of "how America does things." You might even realize that other places have a quality of life superior to America's today. That was not always the case. But since Americans can't shake our "gotta have it quick and cheap" mentality...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused005.gif (broken link)

Maybe if you bother to care about "other people" you'll come to learn that "other people" aren't interested in taking over America and kicking the whities out...they're interested in making themselves better and, as a byproduct, America better. It is hard to better ones self and destroy one's surroundings in the process, eh?
It's amazing the way people personally attack anyone who doesn't go along with the left-wing, one world mentality. Note that they never actually address the issues. All they can think of is personal attacks and scream "racist." They have managed to use this tactic to defeat any attempt at a reasoned debate over immigration for years.

What gets me the most is their hypocrisy. They foam at mouth about seeing any other culture in the world destroyed by Americanization, globalization or even just McDonald's. Our culture, however, can be ripped to shreds without a moment's concern or consideration. Perhaps when you are denied a job in the name of diversity or because you do not speak Spanish you will change your mind. Think it can't happen? It already does. You people are just so naive.

I get an extra special laugh by posts such as this one, though, seeing as how I've lived outside the US on several occasions for extended periods or years at a time. It just shows how utterly ignorant and bankrupt the personal attacks are. They can't discuss the issues, so they just make up stuff. And they can't discuss the issues because they aren't interested in the issues. All they are interested in is making themselves feel virtuous through their pathetic smugness.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,293 times
Default Please see CD Forum rules!

This thread has become very offensive at times to other members !
Please tone it down, go back to the original topic.
At this point in time it belongs in the "Politics and Other Controversies" Section of CD, or closed.
Back to the original topic, please, while remaining courteous to other members!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Glad to see the Moderators crack down on these ''nothing but negative'' posters on here. I see they also just closed down another thread and warned certain posters about them always spewing nagativity.

Something tells me that if they continue then we'll see ''Not A Member'' underneath their name.

Thanks Moderators (EnjoyEP, MB2 and SmokyMtnGal) !! as your doing a good job on the Trollsters !!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
Hi all -

I hate to always be the party pooper, but we are kind of spiraling off here and are off the basic premise of the original thread and the intents of the postings in the city-specific forums.

Thus, I am going to shut this one down now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque