Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 03:52 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times

Advertisements

Imagine if the country was only 12% white and for (according to Gentoo) they had been here for 330 years. Now let's say that for the first 185 years most were slaves and thus not able to buy land, build business, etc. Now let's say for 100 years after that they had to deal with reverse Jim Crow,forced segregation, Black KKK, and legalized discrimination.
Now let's say after all of that and a big struggle by whites they have laws passed saying blacks have to try and treat them fairly and now only about 40 years have passed since those laws began to be enforced.

You could imagine after all of that whites would be pretty screwed up economically and socially. If white people then complained about their lot should we call them racist? Say they were being unamerican? say they were race obsessed whiners seeking preferential treatment, etc,etc?

Old 11-21-2013, 04:05 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Imagine if the country was only 12% white and for (according to Gentoo) they had been here for 330 years. Now let's say that for the first 185 years most were slaves and thus not able to buy land, build business, etc. Now let's say for 100 years after that they had to deal with reverse Jim Crow,forced segregation, Black KKK, and legalized discrimination.
Now let's say after all of that and a big struggle by whites they have laws passed saying blacks have to try and treat them fairly and now only about 40 years have passed since those laws began to be enforced.

You could imagine after all of that whites would be pretty screwed up economically and socially. If white people then complained about their lot should we call them racist? Say they were being unamerican? say they were race obsessed whiners seeking preferential treatment, etc,etc?
I acknowledged the correction LOL

Old 11-21-2013, 04:59 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
The part of the story not told is why did the white boy suddenly begin a diatribe against blacks. Something happened. And it has been omitted. Yes, it was omitted because otherwise the story doesn't make sense. I realize it doesn't matter. There will always and forever be something. It was "feeding the trolls". One thing that can be guaranteed and it won't happen in our lifetime and that is the percentages will change. It won't be 12% much longer. When the majority is reversed, whitey better run for the hills because it will not be a good time. How many times will people hear "pay back time..." and the cheering from the majority will be deafening. You will be so proud. Whoopee, yippee and rah rah rah.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
The part of the story not told is why did the white boy suddenly begin a diatribe against blacks. Something happened. And it has been omitted. Yes, it was omitted because otherwise the story doesn't make sense. I realize it doesn't matter. There will always and forever be something. It was "feeding the trolls". One thing that can be guaranteed and it won't happen in our lifetime and that is the percentages will change. It won't be 12% much longer. When the majority is reversed, whitey better run for the hills because it will not be a good time. How many times will people hear "pay back time..." and the cheering from the majority will be deafening. You will be so proud. Whoopee, yippee and rah rah rah.
Blacks will never be the majority in this country. Blacks will also not be a major problem in the future. There are other groups in this country who have an ax to grind however. I think at that point, both whites AND blacks are going to be a little blind-sided and suddenly realize they're more similar than different.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:58 PM

36 posts, read 34,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Blacks will never be the majority in this country. Blacks will also not be a major problem in the future. There are other groups in this country who have an ax to grind however. I think at that point, both whites AND blacks are going to be a little blind-sided and suddenly realize they're more similar than different.
Oh! Don't try to co-op us blacks saying we have other enemies and your in with us. BS. Thats been tried before, hasn't worked, isn't going to work. White folks you are on your own. Don't wish you all any ill (whites), but we are never going to be like you all, and don't want to be like you, God forbid.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
My son is not one to lie, studying in the library with a bunch of white kids, the story is just as I said. Maybe one of his white buddies, say something to this kid to set him off. Who knows, maybe he just wanted to insult my son and black folks in general. Not hard to understand considering all the ill will, white folks hold against black folk covertly, he just decided to become bold and become overt, since he was among his white compatriots.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSojourn View Post
Oh! Don't try to co-op us blacks saying we have other enemies and your in with us. BS. Thats been tried before, hasn't worked, isn't going to work. White folks you are on your own. Don't wish you all any ill (whites), but we are never going to be like you all, and don't want to be like you, God forbid.
LOL Know your audience better before you respond

Old 11-21-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
LOL Know your audience better before you respond
So you've been co-op?

Old 11-21-2013, 07:16 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times
Black people are just frustrated nowadays and with good reason. And the so call Black leaders haven't figured out that we need good accountants to guide us out of this mess not good lawyers or more orators.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
George Bush was criticized nonstop and he deserved most of it. I surely haven't forgotten what a poor president he was and he could be criticized with nothing ever being said about the color of his skin. I think he must sometimes wish he had such protection. LOL...
In my opinion, Barack Obama is benefiting profoundly due to his color. Once he won the presidency, I fervently hoped he would be the man this country needed. He has been a HUGE disappointment, but, those who dare say it have to be racist and if an isolated black person says it, they are labeled Uncle Tom. African Americans are so often filled with these pat explanations as to whites are racist and blacks are not. It's pointless to even have a point. Nothing is acceptable if it is critical of Obama.
I like anyone who knows the bush family history should have no sympathy for him or his treasonous family! How is it that the most powerful man in the free world was only a "C" student in college? How can you be in charge of the most powerful military in the world, send them to a bogus war but be too much of a coward to serve yourself and at the same time take credit for an ill concieved victory?

The Bush Family: Four Generation…

I will agree with in regards to Obama, but unlike you I was not too suprise since he was "chosen" from the very begining just like Bush was. I will give him some credit for at least giving an impression that he actually cares about the American people. Many of the things that he campaigned on were averted by the political nature of the beast which is Washington. I will fault him for not being forthright with the American people as to why he was made to change course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas