Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Chinese $$$ is on the verge of ruining Lake Nicaragua forever by putting a canal through there. They already have one of the most polluted modern countries on earth and are concreting over any reef they "possess" in the South China Sea. The Chinese still burn incredible amounts of coal.

China: ramping up the war against nature near you soon!
Wow, you weren't kidding. Surprising that the Lefty's on here sing the praises of Chinese expansion.

Destroying Reefs to Make Islands, China's Bid to Win the South China Sea - The Daily Catch Ocean News | The Daily Catch Ocean News | TerraMar Project

https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...Ch0J-gBI&dpr=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 03:15 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Quote:
Chinese $$$ is on the verge of ruining Lake Nicaragua forever by putting a canal through there. They already have one of the most polluted modern countries on earth and are concreting over any reef they "possess" in the South China Sea. The Chinese still burn incredible amounts of coal.

But hey, at least they don't attach any strings!

God, the leftists on here are so naive. Useful idiots as Mao used to call them ...

Old 07-20-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
But hey, at least they don't attach any strings!

God, the leftists on here are so naive. Useful idiots as Mao used to call them ...
Well, isn't that what the extreme left is? Communist

Old 07-20-2015, 07:24 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Wow these are such impressive arguments! I don't see how anybody could possibly deny your posts are evidence-filled

Thus far you have offered nothing aside from anger driven half-truths. In recent years China has done a better job of convincing other nations to work with them, sometimes at the expense of us (The US). They are beating us at our own game. All these decades it has been us winning, so now you are complaining when somebody else masters it and plays better? It is our own fault, as a whole the nation has become soft, and complacent. China is taking advantage of opportunities, left by our mistreatment, mismanagement, and inability to get things done. Not their fault...it is ours.
Oh yes, the default position of the leftist is always that the US is at fault. It takes real talent to ignore the destructive actions of a totalitarian government just because it is Marxist.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:27 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,441,994 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, the Lefts view of the US is it is the biggest evil in the world. It's no coincident that they view a Communist country without fundamental freedoms, Reproduction and religion come to mind, in the highest regard. Maybe China will bring their progressive support of the environment with their expansion with them.

Bad to worse: ranking 74 Chinese cities by air pollution | Greenpeace East Asia
I have to chuckle to myself when people now complain about China and pollution. The USA was the worst offender for about 150 years, and is currently a very close 2nd place behind China, and only has 1/4 the population. Doesn't that make us much worse regarding pollution? In addition to this, who is that you think is buying many of the Chinese goods? Us of course, and within 6 months a lot of them wind up in the landfill, as we produce more waste per person then any other nation. So tell the board members again, why we should bash China based on pollution, without first acknowledging and addressing our own deficits.

It seems to me that making this type of argument isn't about facts, but mainly about bashing a group of people...a group of people that is beating us at our own game. It just sounds like sour grapes...

BTW: I've never voted for a Democrat in my life, but I must say given the rancor in recent years coming from the right wing, I have serious doubts I will be voting them either, unless they run a great candidate.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I have to chuckle to myself when people now complain about Chirequirellution. The USA was the worst offender for about 150 years, and is currently a very close 2nd place behind China, and only has 1/4 the population. Doesn't that make us much worse regarding pollution? In addition to this, who is that you think is buying many of the Chinese goods? Us of course, and within 6 months a lot of them wind up in the landfill, as we produce more waste per person then any other nation. So tell the board members again, why we should bash China based on pollution, without first acknowledging and addressing our own deficits.

It seems to me that making this type of argument isn't about facts, but mainly about bashing a group of people...a group of people that is beating us at our own game. It just sounds like sour grapes...

BTW: I've never voted for a Democrat in my life, but I must say given the rancor in recent years coming from the right wing, I have serious doubts I will be voting them either, unless they run a great candidate.
But we have been addressing our own issues. Thats why the epa has put such stringent requirements on our coal power plants that we have to shut them down while China brings hundreds online every year. Comes down to the US getting better every year and China getting worse.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:36 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,441,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
But we have been addressing our own issues. Thats why the epa has put such stringent requirements on our coal power plants that we have to shut them down while China brings hundreds online every year. Comes down to the US getting better every year and China getting worse.
That may be true in recent years, here in the USA....although we did have a 150 years of being the world's biggest polluter under our belt first.

Now who is it that is placing many, if not most of the orders from those very factories you are complaining about? Western nations of course. All we have done is export our pollution to China, we are as culpable as they are, perhaps more. Which nation is more likely to have a single overweight person driving a huge gas guzzling SUV across town to hit the gym....while the other nation has 3 to a motorcycle to buy their supplies for the week. We have the market on hypocrisy.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
The same hullabaloo that was raised about the U.S. around the world for decades, and for good reason.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:44 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Indeed, much like many people in the Pacific during WWII who thought that the Japanese were heroes who came to liberate them from [fill in name of colonial power]. The Filipinos for instance discovered rather quickly that we supposedly evil Americans were rather tame compared to the Japanese. Latin America has two choices: Chinese dominance or American interference. Pick your poison.

Why do so many people make excuses for Chinese imperialism? Why is imperialism only wrong if it's the US or western Europe behind it? Why is it magically ok when the Russians or the Chinese are doing it? Either it's wrong period ... or it's open season for everyone - including the US.
Filipinos have their self-government already at the outset of the war and scheduled to be fully independent in 1946. and how could you expect the Japanese to liberate you when they came bombing your cities and raping your women and stealing your food?

Old 07-21-2015, 04:16 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
Filipinos have their self-government already at the outset of the war and scheduled to be fully independent in 1946. and how could you expect the Japanese to liberate you when they came bombing your cities and raping your women and stealing your food?
A significant portion of the population - including Emilio Aguinaldo - collaborated with the Japanese. They even established a puppet government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas