Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 03:15 PM

3,980 posts, read 6,788,987 times

Advertisements

The numbers here in Brazil right now are:

621 confimed cases of coronavirus infection

7 deaths
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 03:40 PM

10,079 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Earlier today a Japanese guy was found collapsed in Santo Domingo's malecón (seaside avenue) in the Dominican Republic with symptoms of COVID-19 including a high fever. The guy was disoriented and completely naked, clothed with a pair of pants from a good samaritan and a Tourist Police guard gave him a plate of food. The guy was later taken to an appropriate facility of isolation.

There are some luxury hotels along this avenue, probably came out of one of them and started to wonder along the Caribbean Sea until he collapsed.

Unbelievable!

https://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...as-de-covid-19

Old 03-19-2020, 04:05 PM

220 posts, read 125,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Just look at India. It has so many people crammed in that space and remarkably few cases.
This is a fact. And yet their cases are still small.

Quote:
The President is approaching this measure on a piecemeal basis. When it gets closer to the 15th day, depending how things are looking in the region, he will decide if the closure is expanded for another 15 days or not.
Hopefully things go well. DR doesn't DEPEND on tourism but their tourism industry makes big bucks for them. DR can not afford for its tourism industry to get hurt. I feel bad for the smaller islands who really depend on tourism.

Quote:
Btw, Haitian migrants in the DR are not asked to leave the country and deportation for the illegals caught by authorities is suspended for now. I think they are the only foreign group that the government isn't requesting that they leave. All others though got the message.
Quite generous of the DR govt.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:31 PM

3,980 posts, read 6,788,987 times
Quote:
Earlier today a Japanese guy was found collapsed in Santo Domingo's malecón (seaside avenue) in the Dominican Republic with symptoms of COVID-19 including a high fever. The guy was disoriented and completely naked, clothed with a pair of pants from a good samaritan and a Tourist Police guard gave him a plate of food. The guy was later taken to an appropriate facility of isolation.

There are some luxury hotels along this avenue, probably came out of one of them and started to wonder along the Caribbean Sea until he collapsed.

Unbelievable!

strange sensation of deja vu as if I had seen this news before

Old 03-20-2020, 07:47 AM

A wedding was celebrated on Saturday at Punta Cana by a very rich and powerful Dominican family. The event had many people attend from around the world. Now many visitors are positive with the COVID virus. SMH

Among the visitors was the son of the Minister of Foreign Relations Miguel Vargas Maldonado (currently waiting for testing results).

And tested positive the son of the Director of Ports Authority Víctor Gómez Casanova. The whole family is now in quarantine, despite only one son has tested positive so far.

Major radio station in Santo Domingo gives the news.

Also famous Dominican fashion designer Jenny Polanco was taken toa hospital due to complications from COVID. She was quarantine at her SantoDomingo home for several days after her visit to Madrid, Spain; where she got infected.

Amateur took video when she was transferred from her home to the ambulance with an oxygen tank in Santo Domingo. Apparently she was too weak to go down the steps, so in the end she was carried to the ambulance.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:03 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,033,621 times
I might find it in me to give you guys very detailed reports on how things are here in the Coffee Triangle of Colombia, but I also need to keep my anxiety levels in check...I am quite sure everyone understands.

For now though, I feel MUCH safer than if I were in New Orleans with my 70 year old parents. Overall, our local and regional leadership is on it. Forgive me for complaining at times about living here.

We have to wait and see the cards we get dealt here, and how we play the hand.

We all know what we can do to help our most vulnerable populations, please do that. I know my grandmother would fight tooth and nail to keep my 22 month old daughter alive if this were the other way around.

Be safe, los quiero mucho.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:38 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I might find it in me to give you guys very detailed reports on how things are here in the Coffee Triangle of Colombia, but I also need to keep my anxiety levels in check...I am quite sure everyone understands.
Totally understand. I actually stopped watching news and just stick to updates given by local authorities.

Quote:
For now though, I feel MUCH safer than if I were in New Orleans with my 70 year old parents. Overall, our local and regional leadership is on it. Forgive me for complaining at times about living here.

We all know what we can do to help our most vulnerable populations, please do that[/b]. I know my grandmother would fight tooth and nail to keep my 22 month old daughter alive if this were the other way around.

Igualmente bro. Stay safe out there.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:06 PM

Minister of Public Health in Dominican Republic gives a new press conference. The DR now has 72 confirm cases of COVID-19.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,401,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I haven't heard about it much in the news. Hope damage is none or minimal.
So far NONE in Belize

Old 03-20-2020, 01:19 PM

220 posts, read 125,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post

We all know what we can do to help our most vulnerable populations, please do that. I know my grandmother would fight tooth and nail to keep my 22 month old daughter alive if this were the other way around.

I have a trip to Cartagena with my girlfriend June 2nd. Should I cancel/post-pone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas