Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 06:44 AM

10,097 posts, read 14,965,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Any time someone like Lenin, Castro, Ho Chi Minh or Chavez come to power it denotes Capitalistic/oligarchic excesses. In effect, it was the rich oligarchs who created these people. If only, if only rather than just throw crumbs to the poor, they had occasionally given them a fresh baked loaf of bread with butter.

What happened in Venezuela, Vietnam, Russia, Cuba was an eventuality.

Many of the poor were malnourished/hungry under the oligarchs in Venezuela, so what they're experiencing today isn't much different.
There are many signs that not only were Venezuela's poor (who didn't make up most of the population) were not malnourished/hungry. Even more telling are tell tale signs of current reality. Take one as an example: life expectancy. It has been falling for the first time since data has been recorded in Venezuela and that's taking into account that data is missing for 2020. Most likely life expectancy fell again and in reality is much lower. That's not a sign that "what they're experiencing today isn't much different." How can life be the same or better when quality of life is impacted negatively to reduce things such as life expectancy is beyond my comprehension.

Hugo Chávez was no walk in the park, but what really destroyed Venezuela is Nicolás Maduro.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...N?locations=VE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 03:22 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Maduro's government could long have fixed the problems, with help from China, but the West is trying another color revolution as part of its fascist persecution of all left-wing governments. When half the world is stealing your state's budget, you can hardly correct economic mistakes. The West does not want Venezuela to get back on track.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:10 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
When Perez self-exiled to Money-Laundering Miami, he swore he'd do everything in his power to unseat Chavez! And what about the other oligarchs that moved to Money-Laundering Miami?

All the exiles fleeing political unrest from Central/South America are a potent lobbying forced in the U.S., not to be overlooked.

And never, ever overlook the Power Behind The Throne, no matter where in the world. It could be Maduro's wife is more influential than one could imagine!

Anyone know anything about his Power Behind The Throne?

Old 06-02-2021, 03:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
When Perez self-exiled to Money-Laundering Miami, he swore he'd do everything in his power to unseat Chavez! And what about the other oligarchs that moved to Money-Laundering Miami?

All the exiles fleeing political unrest from Central/South America are a potent lobbying forced in the U.S., not to be overlooked.

And never, ever overlook the Power Behind The Throne, no matter where in the world. It could be Maduro's wife is more influential than one could imagine!

Anyone know anything about his Power Behind The Throne?
Power in an oppressive government is usually managed via an oligarchy. The "power behind the throne" is the Venezuela military command, specifically a small group of top brass and the top heavy pyramid structure below it (when I say top heavy - Venezuela has twice as many flag officers in command compared to the US which has ten times the amount of forces). Those few generals and admirals are growing very rich under Maduro (as they did under Chavez), those under them get a piece of the action as well. And the line soldiers? They at least get to eat.

Without the military in his pocket, Maduro would have been long gone. But he has that locked up.

Old 06-04-2021, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Power in an oppressive government is usually managed via an oligarchy. The "power behind the throne" is the Venezuela military command, specifically a small group of top brass and the top heavy pyramid structure below it (when I say top heavy - Venezuela has twice as many flag officers in command compared to the US which has ten times the amount of forces). Those few generals and admirals are growing very rich under Maduro (as they did under Chavez), those under them get a piece of the action as well. And the line soldiers? They at least get to eat.

Without the military in his pocket, Maduro would have been long gone. But he has that locked up.
But you shed no light on his wife, the other Power Behind the Throne.

Hint: Obama referred to his wife as The Boss. Nancy Reagan was a very powerful Power Behind The Throne, as was Eleanor Roosevelt.

Even with Maduro's wife, I can hardly believe she's in the kitchen every day making breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And another old-time saying: Never say NO to a wife unless you're prepared to pay the price. Makes no difference what part of the world it is.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:32 AM

10,097 posts, read 14,965,663 times
There is an old saying: "Behind every great man there's a great woman."

Now, as much as I dislike Maduro, he definitely has accomplished more than the typical man (while destroying a country in the process.)

Old 06-04-2021, 10:08 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
But you shed no light on his wife, the other Power Behind the Throne.

Hint: Obama referred to his wife as The Boss. Nancy Reagan was a very powerful Power Behind The Throne, as was Eleanor Roosevelt.

Even with Maduro's wife, I can hardly believe she's in the kitchen every day making breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And another old-time saying: Never say NO to a wife unless you're prepared to pay the price. Makes no difference what part of the world it is.
Yeah but really Cilia Flores only has power because of her position as Maduro's wife. I am sure she makes decisions, such as how best to plunder the wealth of the Venezuelan people and put it into her pocket, how best to launder money, and how best to profit from trafficking in drugs. But again, she is powerless without the might of the military behind her husband. I expect she will find her way into a US prison soon, compliments of the DEA, if she dares step into the US again.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:57 PM

It's all very secretive what a First Lady is up to, or how influential she is.

Nancy Reagan ran the White House with her Astrologer Joanne Quigley.

When her Chief Of Staff would give her a calendar for the year, there were all these black-out dates, blacked out by her Astrologer: Inauspicious time for this, inauspicious time for that, no travel on these dates.

When President Reagan left Walter Reed Hospital for an operation, his Chief of Staff was urging Nancy to show the country that he was OK, he was recovering. "inauspicious time: said Nancy. And then when his birthday came and still no public appearance, her Chief of Staff Don Regan said: "For God's sakes, Nancy, it's his birthday!"

"Inauspicious time" said her Astrologer.

And I don't believe for one minute Ronald Reagan wasn't an Astrology follower as well.

I've been steeped in Astrology myself for 30 years, and Maduro's astrological chart is on Astrodienst, and I have the astrological placements of his wife, but not her full chart. But I'd still like to know her influence on him, if any. I immediately spotted Maduro's Mars in I-want-to-be-a-dictator-or-king Leo. Chavez was a Sun sign Leo, Leo also factors into Trump's chart as well.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:03 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This is pitiful but why don't the people rise up?
No guns?
No, no will.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:58 AM

1,007 posts, read 415,407 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnCZ...9rezL%C3%B3pez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas