Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:08 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Hey it is what it is.
The other day, some guy honked at me because he was apparently upset that he wasn't fast enough to get in front of me and cut me off. Today, some guy flipped me off because he was making a right turn on a Red light and actually believed he had the right of way over the rest of us with the Green light.

Was that you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 05:35 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
The other day, some guy honked at me because he was apparently upset that he wasn't fast enough to get in front of me and cut me off. Today, some guy flipped me off because he was making a right turn on a Red light and actually believed he had the right of way over the rest of us with the Green light.

Was that you?
Inappropriatly timed yellow lights are another issue in anchorage, ones bumper can cross the line into the intersection when the light turns yellow and it will be red before they complete the turn and there is only about a 1 second delay between the light turning red and the other lights turning green. That is a HUGE problem in Anchorage, when I went to Hawaii they had appropriatly timed yellow lights. The whole idea of a yellow light is to give you ample warning of a red light not just a formality to cycle through especially on icy roads, I use the cross walk signals to help me gauge because the yellow lights dont help but that does not always work in more complex intersections.

If you pulled out and hit someone from a stopped position and hit someone who had already entered the intersection when their light turned yellow YOU would be at fault. Also half your day would be pissed away because you had something to prove.

I never have anyone honking at me or flipping me off so there is clearly a problem with YOUR driving, your clearly of the mind set that if you have the right of way then F every one else on the road.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:38 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
seriously Moose....do you really like beating your head against a brick wall....you can't fix stupid or negotiate with crazy!

Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
Highlife, are you happy about anything in your life?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I never have anyone honking at me or flipping me off .
...that you know of...because noticing such things would require actually paying attention to the road by removing one's head from one's rectum.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
seriously Moose....do you really like beating your head against a brick wall....you can't fix stupid or negotiate with crazy!
If you would have ever told me that one day we would actually meet someone arguing that the problem on the roads are caused by the people following the rules...

Old 12-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
If you would have ever told me that one day we would actually meet someone arguing that the problem on the roads are caused by the people following the rules...
in the voice of Jeff Dunham's puppet...peanut....he's not the only one!! so I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but...if anyone looks at the history of this forum....what was the atmosphere here before two particular members came in...helpful, informative, yes we had our agreeable disagreements but...long time posters have left and lurk, WTH???

Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
in the voice of Jeff Dunham's puppet...peanut....he's not the only one!! so I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but...if anyone looks at the history of this forum....what was the atmosphere here before two particular members came in...helpful, informative, yes we had our agreeable disagreements but...long time posters have left and lurk, WTH???
I know how you feel. This forum is becoming very tedious. I'm pretty close to deleting the bookmark myself as well.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
I'm thinking of becoming a lurker, only help on threads involving the Alcan. Sick of you know who.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I know how you feel. This forum is becoming very tedious. I'm pretty close to deleting the bookmark myself as well.
tell'n ya DM Yac or someone else! time to shut down this garbage...if that means some of us who have not been total jackwads have to go so be it...I have made friends and we are friends on another site so all is good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage