Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times

Advertisements

dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Dyslexic bumper-sticker:
"Horn if you are a Honky!"

Old 12-03-2011, 01:33 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
If you would have ever told me that one day we would actually meet someone arguing that the problem on the roads are caused by the people following the rules...
You know full well thats not what I said.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:33 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I dont understand why there is such a need all over these forums to keep referencing people as spoiled children, I have not seen hardly any posts that warrent it. Maybe im missing something but I feel that thoes with the "right of way" are sometimes more of a problem than people that are just trying to get on the road and get on with their day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
If you would have ever told me that one day we would actually meet someone arguing that the problem on the roads are caused by the people following the rules...
Quote:
You know full well thats not what I said.
oh yeah you did!

Old 12-04-2011, 02:28 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,057,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Dyslexic bumper-sticker:
"Horn if you are a Honky!"

honk honk honk.....oh wait a minute.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
honk honk honk.....oh wait a minute.
hahahah thanks for the morning laugh~!~~~

Old 12-04-2011, 05:40 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,514,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
tell'n ya DM Yac or someone else! time to shut down this garbage...if that means some of us who have not been total jackwads have to go so be it...I have made friends and we are friends on another site so all is good!

Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
nahhhh still here!!....an speaking of commutes this as of 3 p.m. today....hope all of you are home safe and sound, all cozy and comfy!

Update 3 p.m.: • The Christmas in Ice park in North Pole has been closed due to the weather and hazardous road conditions. The Community Tree Lighting will be postponed until Saturday, Dec. 10 at 6 p.m.

• DOT officials are advising people in the Fairbanks area to limit travel due to slippery roads. Crews are working, but travel is not advised at this time.

Update 12:35 p.m.: • Travel advisory issued for Parks Highway from Denali State Park north to Alaska. Freezing rain, high winds. Travel is not advised.

• Freezing rain reported in Interior Alaska. Roads are very slick. Please drive carefully.

• A travel advisory has been issued for several sections of the Dalton Highway due to warm temperatures, high winds and very slick roads. Chains are advised. Please be careful of crews working on the roads.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,057,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
nahhhh still here!!....an speaking of commutes this as of 3 p.m. today....hope all of you are home safe and sound, all cozy and comfy!

Update 12:35 p.m.: • Travel advisory issued for Parks Highway from Denali State Park north to Alaska. Freezing rain, high winds. Travel is not advised.
Hmmmm....when did they move the Parks Highway and Denali State Park south and out of Alaska? Damn you Sarah Palin.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,028,427 times
Quote:
Because of the "be patient" you entitled bum mentality of thoes that think they dont have to be curtious and yeild to let someone out is why we will soon have a light at every block and traffic will be horrid.

As far as merging, thats another huge issue in anchorage, techincally the person on the highway has the right of way but both should yeild a little bit so that the merge can happen without incident. Mabye we should just eliminate the highway and put up lights if people cant play nice and act like bi*ches every time they have the right of way.

People that act like the own the road just because they have the right of way at the time are JUST as much of a problem as people who dart out and cut people off, they would not have to dart out if people would yeild.
This morning I had to make a quick stop on Tudor on my way into the office. As ususal, I took 36th east from the Seward Hwy a couple blocks past my destination, made a right down a side street and approached Tudor to make a right turn as well. As I was waiting for oncoming traffic at the corner with my turn signal flashing, a white F150 approched me from behind to make a right turn as well. However, this clown apparently did not want to wait, so without slowing he went around me to the left and pulled directly in front of the oncoming traffic on Tudor, nearly causing a multi-car collision. It was only the fact that Tudor was dry that the cars there had a chance to execute an emergeny stop.

This incident confirms what I have seen over and over here on Anchorage streets. There is a percentage of drivers on the road (probably 10-15%) who obviously believe that the normal rules of the road simply do not apply to them. Their selfish attitudes (probably due to poor upbringing by their parent) put the safety (and the very lives) of others at risk simply because they refuse to wait a few extra seconds to get to their destinaton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage