Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 12:55 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I dont find a lot of the people on here racist. Just because they object to illegals coming here doesn't make them racist. I hate blanket statements.

And by the way, I didn't specifically say they were racist...you did that yourself!.....I also meant the meanness and hate in their words.
There's your blanket statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 12:58 AM

308 posts, read 791,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Well, maybe you are not either but I don't care if only ten percent of the people on here are racists that's too many!

And for the record...this may be a shocker to some....of course I am against illegal immigration, I just do not like people to be treated like sh** that have made it here (and blamed for every single problem that az has)and would like to see something done to help them out and yes some type of legal status if they can prove themselves good citizens and pay fines, and I would like to see the border sealed up once and for all.
But this already exists, it is called a green card and work toward citizenship. If you are in this country illegally, well you need to go home and start the process the right way.

I do agree with you about the border being secured once and for all--see, we are making progress

Old 09-11-2010, 01:15 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
But this already exists, it is called a green card and work toward citizenship. If you are in this country illegally, well you need to go home and start the process the right way.

I do agree with you about the border being secured once and for all--see, we are making progress
Slowly but surely eh?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:26 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
For those of us who live in border states, the bottom line inquiry still remains, has the person in question entered the USA LEGALLY? Yes or No? If the answer is NO, then they have broken the laws of this country and have no right to be here. In addition, what are we to do about those illegals who have priviledged themselves by use of the social safety net which was established for the Citizens of this country. Should we merely nod and wink at that also?

If we sit around and do nothing then we are complicit in the law breaking activity of illegal immigration, and that would make us a corrupt people.

As we all know, corruption runs deep in Mexican society. Corruption is the reason why Mexico, the 14th largest country in the world, with its vast natural resources, two oceans, proximity to the USA, and hard working/intelligent Citizenry is unable to wallow beyond its sad state of affairs.

What should be Latin America's "first" First-World country is a poorly managed quagmire which has lost any visage of the potential it once aspired to have as an equal trading partner under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Its ingrained culture of corruption, especially by its elected officials (I'm getting visions of former President Salinas de Gortari) is what places so many of its people in a position of having to choose between drug trafficking or coming to the USA illegally. Drug trafficking, illegal immigration, law breaking. . .the fruits of corruption.

Should we allow ourselves to be counted amongst the corrupt; the ones who turn a blind eye to what is obviously a violation of the law?

Now that CORRUPTION has entered our property and is audaciously sitting on our front porch, are we expected to do nothing?

What would you do if an intruder trespassed into your property, sat on your porch and declared. . ."I'm not moving from here and you can't make me go!"

For many of us, our first reaction would be to call the police and maintain an eye on the trespasser to ensure he/she won't get inside our homes. Some of us would rightfully brandish our weapons to let the trespasser understand the consequences of violating the sanctity of our home. But, what happens when hours, days and weeks go by and the police have yet to arrive?

At what point do we, the law abiding Citizens of this country, decide when enough is enough?

For those of us who live in border states, the time has come...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:34 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
Wow, well said, chacho_keva! My late father-in-law would be proud....

Old 09-11-2010, 02:12 PM

308 posts, read 791,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
"What would you do if an intruder trespassed into your property, sat on your porch and declared. . ."I'm not moving from here and you can't make me go!"
A very good analogy.

Once again, a very eloquent post from a person who did things the right way, and is now a productive member of our society.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:45 PM

422 posts, read 792,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Yeah I would give charity to whoever needs it..I don't care what they look like or where they come from.
I feel really bad for people like you with so much hate in your hearts I really don't know how you live with yourselves.
Why not just give them the papers they need to fill out to apply for citizenship? Or a work visa?

They know that they can come here legally, just like the immigrants from the rest of the world. Instead, they choose to do so illegally. It's not about their desire to work or become legal US citizens, its about their method of trying to obtain it.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:50 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
A very good analogy.

Once again, a very eloquent post from a person who did things the right way, and is now a productive member of our society.
Thank you kindly. Taking the proverbial road less traveled is normally cumbersome, yet it usually yields the greatest honor and rewards; it hone's a person's character best.

What honor is there by traversing a road of little resistance? What can be said about the character of a man who chooses the easy route? Which is the greater molder of good character, the easy road or the one less traveled?

To those of you who have finally chosen to stand up against the law breaking act of illegal immigration, I say to you. . .welcome to the road less traveled. Your actions are honorable. Your character will be tried and honed. In due time, the rewards of making a stand will be reaped.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:48 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Ok, so I open the paper and see that Mesa lost 2400 students and they think it's due to 1070. Now they have 12 million dollars to cut out of the budget, my friend works for that district and is worried now. That same night I go on e bay and try to buy something only to find out they won't ship to AZ because they are boycotting us. lol
This thing hasn't even passed yet, this sucks!
Anyone else running into issues yet?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougstech View Post
Why not just give them the papers they need to fill out to apply for citizenship? Or a work visa?

They know that they can come here legally, just like the immigrants from the rest of the world. Instead, they choose to do so illegally. It's not about their desire to work or become legal US citizens, its about their method of trying to obtain it.
Well, to be fair it is very difficult and if you have the time and the money to try to become a legal citizen then you usually aren't feeling the need to flee Mexico, you are doing ok there. The people who leave for better lives probably have a harder time coming here legally. Not saying that makes it right, but, it's very difficult and they are usually already in a difficult situation. This happens to a lot of countries that border a poorer country that have citizens in fear, it isn't just us and Mexico.
The point comes down to being well off means you get more privileges as usual. That is a universal problem though, not just America. It's sad but it's easy for someone with money to say it's easy to get citizenship in any other country. I doubt an upper-class citizen of Mexico is going to risk crossing the border illegally. Only the poor people have to risk getting hunted down like dogs.
In America you use to have people coming over the border or showing up in boats and if they made it and touched our soil they were successful, things have changed now and you get sent back instead. But a lot of people still have that old mindset of America. If they can just get here then they will be free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona