Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

One city does not a state make! I moved to AZ 1996 and it was the best move I've ever made. I smile at people and say, "hi." I get a friendly response. Would I want to be in the Midwest surrounded by "Minnesota nice?" No way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 10:35 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
One city does not a state make! I moved to AZ 1996 and it was the best move I've ever made. I smile at people and say, "hi." I get a friendly response. Would I want to be in the Midwest surrounded by "Minnesota nice?" No way!
I agree with you zonababe. But often people look at one city and judge the state by it. I have argued and posted many times that Detroit is NOT Michigan, yet people slam Michigan all the time because of Detroit. Although Detroit is hardly the safest place in the state, I still take my kids and family to the downtown area and don't think anything of it. I'm sure Phoenix is the same way ( only safer). Just know where you are going and where not to go and you'll be fine. I have also been in som really nasty parts of the city, I was nervous but not scared to be there. Random crime is reported most often. But stat's have shown that most violent crimes occur between people who know one another.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:40 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelmo View Post
I'm writing this because some one has to stick up for this great state. Yes we have problems, more than some less than some. There is more crime and less crime in states other than AZ. There is more polution and less pollution, more traffic and less traffic. Starting to get the picture. Arizona lovers like myself will not sit around and let the few who hate it get away with it without a fight. All you people who hate Arizona (Phoenix) just need to leave. I have said this on this forum alot now. If you think the crime is high, its polluted, congested , mean, and any other negative thing just get out!!!!!!! Please get out. If you think it's better some where else then go. Don't stay here you make the vibe too negative. Now a little positiveness. I love what Arizona has to offer, desert mountains, green mountains, beautiful canyons, red rocks, little traffic once out of the metro, lakes, mountain roads, indian ruins, Grand canyon white mountains, lake mead, powell, north rim, coyote buttes, painted desert mingus mountain, the peaks, fossil creek 7 springs, prescott. I'm a very positive person but will not stand by and watch some people hurt our grat state. I'm not telling every one to move here either because AZ is not for every one. So all of you who write asking how Arizona is don't come here thinking it's WI or NC or FL or CT or NY. Listen to me people Arizona is just that Arizona. It's just a state trying to survive just like all the other states. Oh yea, Our weather on the whole can't be beat.
p.s. when people mention a stat about AZ being the most sweatiest i know what we are dealing with.

I dont think its a matter of who likes or hates it. Some people can live there, some have to live there, and others choose to. Their choice. But that doesnt mean it has to be called 'home' to those who are simply there because they cant afford to go elsewhere. Just like any other state, it has its ups and downs. No better. No worse. Its personal choice.
This doesnt mean I hated Az, it simply means that it was never my home, Im a born n bred Calif girl.
There are many areas that are nice to visit, and from time to time we go. Flagstaff, Show-Low, those are pretty much tourist towns and dont really get unbearable during the summer. Other states though, do have their brutal winters. So you can have one extreme or the other, lol, but no where on earth will you find the perfect place, where there is no crime, weather issues or air quality issues. No where. We deal with it.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:06 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
LOL....I love how when people mention AZ all they think about is the grand Canyon.

Fact is, many of us have lived here for 10+ yrs and never even seen it!

Lol, I was one of those people. Funny thing is, even when I finally did see it, it really wasnt as impressive as I thought it would be. What did impress me was a few old west style attractions there. Tons of people flock there though, year round.....

Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 AM

329 posts, read 1,276,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Lol, I was one of those people. Funny thing is, even when I finally did see it, it really wasnt as impressive as I thought it would be. What did impress me was a few old west style attractions there. Tons of people flock there though, year round.....
Check out the North Rim for a totally different experience,absolutely beautiful, remote and way fewer visitors. It is well worth the trip. If you only have time to get to the South Rim then check out Desert View.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona