Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:31 PM

260 posts, read 511,727 times

Advertisements

[quote=Valley Native;16046358]It's actually the LEFT thing to do. In all seriousness though: not having children is a valid reason to not have to pay school taxes. Look at communities like Sun City. They are not in any school district, and their community is age restricted, so they are not taxed.

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that procreation is a CHOICE lifestyle, and that parents are the ones who should bear the cost for making their choices? This is not rocket science. It's a very simple concept: if you can afford to raise children on your own finances, then more power to you. If not, then don't have kids!

In my opinion education is like sunshine. If we have an educated society, everyone can benefit, as we all benefit from the sunshine. We dont have to pay, or contribute anything for sunshine, but we all have to contribute for public education, we all benefit, and as you posted before, that this is fraud, and freeloading etc on the part of the parents of the children, because of the choice their life style? and people with no children should not pay school tax.
I dont agree with all that, I think it is the other way around. We can not put a price on sunshine, and we can not put a price on an educated society in nickels and dimes. And if any person contributed nothing, he contributed nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 11:45 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
I don't know where they got their info from but there are lots of places much worse than Arizona!

YouTube - East Cleveland#!
Looks like a ghost town.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times
[quote=mosesmoses;16055786]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I

I dont agree with all that, I think it is the other way around. We can not put a price on sunshine, and we can not put a price on an educated society in nickels and dimes. And if any person contributed nothing, he contributed nothing.
I do think parent involvement is critical as well. I have volunteered at my kids schools over the years and made sure my own kids were into reading before they started school.
My 11 year old tells me how many kids in her (5th grade) class cannot even master simple sentences or arithmetic (and not just kids of illegal aliens...cuz I know that was coming)
And when my 17 yr old was in her senior year at an alternative school she actually was helping the teacher teach the other kids that were very far behind.
I think having programs to teach parents about the importance of sending kids to school and being involved vs just getting a break from them , makes a big difference. A lot of peole are just ignorant and do not realize that teachers do need help, and kids need to learn to respect their teachers as well. When I have attending class as a volunteer or field trips, I have seen some of those kids are out of control , and my daughter was embarrassed at me for getting on them to listen....which I had no problem doing . But, it makes me wonder how wild those kids are at home?
All in all it makes for a stressful learning environment, so the more parent support, the better.

Last edited by phoenixscorpiogirl; 09-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM

110 posts, read 199,638 times
my impression . as a first time visitor . if the state is poor , it surely didnt show it . everything was very clean . maintained . i would defantly visit again .

Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
Yes, I have visited Phoenix several times, it was in the north part but it looks very clean to me and I felt very safe.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:26 PM

260 posts, read 511,727 times
It is hard to believe, that Arizona is a poor state. In my opinion,
there are more millionaires in Arizona, than in most other states.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:55 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
aww, I LOVE Arizona. it has a part of my heart.

I would have thought all the states in the south would be poor before any other region

Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
I think that illegal immigrants and native americans (on the reservations) are a big factor in the ranking.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
It is hard to believe, that Arizona is a poor state. In my opinion,
there are more millionaires in Arizona, than in most other states.
Wow, I was surprised to find out we're doing quite well in this department!

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Not that it helps any of us...

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2014 at 05:16 AM..

Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times

YouTube - ARIZONA GURLS (a California Gurls parody)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona