Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:24 AM

343 posts, read 552,677 times

Advertisements

Depends how it is trained. They are very friendly if they are trained that way, so YES if it has been trained like "Petee" the pit bull on the Little Rascals!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
Depends - if your name is Michael Vick, then the answer is no

Like the others said, the only problem could be renting. Many apartments and landlords won't allow dogs with "aggresive" reputations.
LOL @ Boatdrinks

Sadly, due to the "lawsuit freaks" out there, Landlords cannot allow any animal with "agressive" reputations.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,213 times
My husband and I was walking our chi-pom and schnoodle this moring at Dyaminte Park when a lady with her pitbull came across the street and her pitbull attack our chi-pom. My husband pulles our dog out of the pitbulls mouth and we took our dog to our Vet. He has a broken leg. The owner of the pitbull was very un-cooperative and only would give us a number to her vet on the otherside of town. Can we hold the owner of the pitbull responsible for the Vet bill's? It was one of the most horrendous thinge i've ever seen.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:13 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
While walking on our walking trail I ran into a couple who have a pit/greyhound mix that was straining on the leash so hard and its intent was to take a chunk out of my leg. Not a family community kind of dog in my opinion. Why people insist on ruining other breeds of dogs by crossing these pitbulls with is beyond me. They are too unpredictable and I don't care if you do let your toddler crawl all over them. We also had several years back two pits escape their yard to go across the road to Trilogy and tear two pet dogs to shreds, bite a woman and I believe her dog ended up dead. No thanks.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda O'Mara View Post
My husband and I was walking our chi-pom and schnoodle this moring at Dyaminte Park when a lady with her pitbull came across the street and her pitbull attack our chi-pom. My husband pulles our dog out of the pitbulls mouth and we took our dog to our Vet. He has a broken leg. The owner of the pitbull was very un-cooperative and only would give us a number to her vet on the otherside of town. Can we hold the owner of the pitbull responsible for the Vet bill's? It was one of the most horrendous thinge i've ever seen.
I would send the owner of the pitbull your Vet bills (send copies only) and if they refuse to pay sue them in Civil court! These dogs are vicious and there is a reason pitbulls are BANNED in Miami & Denver and other communities!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:47 PM

260 posts, read 511,727 times
Pit bulls can be very friendly,but there are a lot of horror stories, that a friendly pit bull can turn in a second, and become a killer dog.
Something is wrong with their DNA. The best dogs are greyhounds, in my opinion, but they need a lot of room to run.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:28 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I used to feel that way about pit bulls, too, till I met one.
There's one up the street and she's a really good dog actually. She knows me from walking and will strain to get to me, to give me kisses and jump on me. The woman she lives with, her granddaughter is a cop and lives w/ her--they rescued the dog from bad conditions, but the dog is very, very gentle.
They were at a party, in a yard, last summer and a dog jumped over the fence trying to get to the pit bull, and she just sat there, not fighting back, even w/ another dog attacking her. She got her ear nearly torn off;they had to rush her to the vets because they didn't see it till that point. Not aggressive with even that happening. You can't paint the whole breed bad.
Well, and the dog whisperer's "Big Daddy," he's just a big old gentle one, too.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:50 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I used to feel that way about pit bulls, too, till I met one.
There's one up the street and she's a really good dog actually. She knows me from walking and will strain to get to me, to give me kisses and jump on me. The woman she lives with, her granddaughter is a cop and lives w/ her--they rescued the dog from bad conditions, but the dog is very, very gentle.
They were at a party, in a yard, last summer and a dog jumped over the fence trying to get to the pit bull, and she just sat there, not fighting back, even w/ another dog attacking her. She got her ear nearly torn off;they had to rush her to the vets because they didn't see it till that point. Not aggressive with even that happening. You can't paint the whole breed bad.
Well, and the dog whisperer's "Big Daddy," he's just a big old gentle one, too.
The Dog Whisperer is such a good show, I wish more dog owners would watch it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona