Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

You might try googling www.realtor.com (broken link) and checking out the area, then call a realtor to get some advice. We did a two year internet search before our final move here. I have heard that Tucson is spendy, but the areas outside might be ok. If you qualify for an age restricted community, check them out as well, especially the mobile home developments. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 AM

7 posts, read 25,204 times
Wink Smaller towns near Tucson

Hello can someone give me some insight on a smaller town near Tucson area that has good schools and how about the job market in Tucson? J

Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 AM

92 posts, read 318,575 times
Default casa grande

we are thinking about moving to casa grande in about 6 months and would really like some advise and info on the area. need all the help we can get. thank you very much
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysgrlaz View Post
I noticed you mentioned Arizona City and Casa Grande as a few places you've already been to. I lived in both, didn't care for Arizona City, nothing at all to do there, and we now live in Casa Grande. Totally different, lots of stores and things to do compared to Arizona City. Casa Grande is an up and coming town. The prices of homes here are way less expensive then up in the valley. Although we're starting to creep up there in price. You can find a resale, about 2,000- 2,300 square feet for about $250,000. I bought my home here five years ago and it cost $101,000 back then, now we can sell it for $215,000.
I'm originally from New Jersey so in the beginning the shock of not seeing buildings and not being stuck in traffic is going to blow your mind. All I see from my home are mountains.
As far as allergies go, I never had allergy problems when I lived back East...as soon as I came out here I started having a lot of sore throats and sinus problems. From the dust and dirt that constantly blows around. Also my Doctor says I have allergies from the palo verde tree. Which is probably nine out of ten trees you'll find out here.
It's a beautiful place, and if can take 110 plus degrees for two to three months out of the year you'll be fine. It's a dry heat!!!!
Back there my worst job paid $10 per hour, out here that's a really good paying job. The pay stinks but the cost of living is cheaper.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:44 AM

92 posts, read 318,575 times
need info about living in casa grande. is it a good area? please give more info. thank you very much.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Sounds like we have something in common...one of our dogs is a black lab mix also! My wife had a poodle mix when we met. He had valley fever and although it was expensive, our vet got him through it and he lived 16 years. I've been in AZ for most of the last 42+ years and always had dogs and cats; with that one exception, none had any adverse effects living here.

One other area in AZ you might want to consider is Globe. It's a copper mining town so some of the scenery is a little depressing, but it's above 3000' so it's cooler in the summer. You will have to put up with some snow in the winter, but it's got to be better than DE. I did one year in '75/'76 in DC while I was in the Army. The humidity was murder. Wearing Dress Blues during the day on Sundays and Class A's Mon-Sat didn't help. I was real happy to get back to the DRY heat.
If you come out of Phoenix, you'll have to drive through the towns of Superior, Claypool and Miami on the way to Globe. Don't look!

Ponderosa, anything you can add about Globe?
I am a Wash DC native and you nailed it re: the ghastly humidity-------the only time that our Phoenix summers even rival DC's is during the monsoon season. And that is not even factoring in the evil, wet winters back there? Remember slush?

Globe with its 100F in the summer is actually pretty pleasant in the shade

Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 AM

119 posts, read 313,124 times
I`m watching homes in Tonopah myself, the taxes are soooooo low. Casa Grande taxes are very high. Crime rate in Tonopah is below natuional average also. Perfect place to me to live !

Old 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM

17 posts, read 41,581 times
I didn't have any allergies 'til I came to Az. If you don't like seeing dirt then you might want to consider another state. When looking for places in Az check the pollen reports on the internet. You might want to consider Southeast Alaska. No dirt, lots of rain, no allergens.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,238 times
My husband and I are Californians, but wanting to move to Kingman, Arizona due to some elevation so that it's not quite as hot in the summer. We are about 10 years from retiring. Would love to get a little land with a modular. Our credit is bad, but we have savings for down payment. Like desert. Don't care for snow or trees. We are both nurses. Don't want to be so rural that we can't grocery shop if we need to. Like being not too far from San Diego to visit our children. Any suggestions on weather or not Arizona would be a good fit for our stage of life. Thank you.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 PM

5 posts, read 13,277 times
I suggest you look at renting vs buying a home in AZ. Prescott is ok but has grown too big and the taxes for bought homes is high. Renting there can also be problematic and if you need work (like many places) good luck.

Phoenix and Tucson are huge and the safer neighborhoods are expensive to rent or buy and the taxes will eat you up. The schools ratings via national average is poor from what I can find.

The more rural towns like sedona are exponentially high in both rent and buying homes. Some towns are very much controlled by certain religious sects and although they are nice to your face....you best know someone to get a job. However, the housing buys in rural AZ, such as Safford, are actually pretty good and the taxes are reasonable (lol not that I think ANY taxes are reasonable). But Safford is very much controlled by a couple of religious sects and the jobs are almost non existant.

If I had children, I would choose middle Colorado like Colorado Springs North for the kids education. Even though the rent and buy rates are high. IMHO

Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 PM

5 posts, read 4,964 times
Default health

8ok new houses great mountains in kingman friend had phnemonia 22 time living where you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona