Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 07:40 AM

369 posts, read 325,921 times

Advertisements

We would like to know about that secret location that has ten feet of snow!
Need the water.
Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 01:50 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
We would like to know about that secret location that has ten feet of snow!
Need the water.
Jim
Some years, it could be around Hawley Lake and/or Mt Baldy.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:07 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
teddyearp, whew. I was just about to put out a call for you because I haven't seen postings here.

Remember Car 54 ,Where are you? Well, I was ready to post teddyearp, where are you.

Love your postings.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:13 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
teddyearp, whew. I was just about to put out a call for you because I haven't seen postings here.

Remember Car 54 ,Where are you? Well, I was ready to post teddyearp, where are you.

Love your postings.
Actually meo, I was glad to see you bump my thread. I was amiss to see it drop from the front page, but felt if I bumped it (again) I would be seen as too self-serving. Not that I can admit I can be an attention ***** sometimes, lol.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:32 PM

369 posts, read 325,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Some years, it could be around Hawley Lake and/or Mt Baldy.
Not since the early 80's on Baldy and certainly doesn't affect habitability.
Jim

Old 06-11-2018, 04:28 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
Wow what idiocy lol. Rain SUCKS! People value places with nice warm weather not miserable depressing rain! And not everyone cares about brats and their education system. Give me beautiful desert landscaping ANY day over my home town of Portland. Bunch of rain and green everywhere but surely one of the ugliest places to live day to day, absolutely miserable and depressing. Arizona is one of the best states. One of my friends got out of OR and bought a nice house with a pool in Phoenix and he couldn’t be happier.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:36 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
I just spent 2 weeks in the Phoenix area for the first time and really liked it....except for the staying hydrated part...found that to be a little difficult, but I will take the dry heat over the humid heat of S Texas any day of the week for sure! Found your expressway system to be very easy to drive on as well...enjoyed my time there for sure! Once I realized I needed to drink about twice what I normally do in water daily, things were great.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Another thing is STAYING hydrated. I've always chosen water as my beverage over pop or soda but you really have to be careful to make sure you're hydrated here. I didn't even realize I may be dehydrated until my blood pressure was borderline low. Looked it up on the web as to the why's, since I have to take high blood pressure medication & it seemed wierd.

The more I read, the more I realized I was probably becoming dehydrated so have been consuming a lot more water. Who would have thought a person had to change their habits so drastically?

It was kinda scary to think if I hadn't researched the why's I would not have known I had to triple my water intake. There should be some sort of warning when you first come here, maybe a big sign when you change your drivers license.

What a terrible place to live.
oh for crying out loud, most of us know, the hotter the weather and the drier the heat the more we need to drink water. What would you suggest the city do, or maybe even Vegas, Laughlin or other areas that have very hot dry summers do, post a warning as you driver into town that reads "entering a dry hot region befor you drink more water" ?

Old 06-11-2018, 07:50 AM

Ah, give me a break. I lived in Minnesota for 63 years & am just getting used to desert weather. I thought I drank a lot of water there, but nothing like here.

Just a matter of getting used to a different way of life.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Actually meo, I was glad to see you bump my thread. I was amiss to see it drop from the front page, but felt if I bumped it (again) I would be seen as too self-serving. Not that I can admit I can be an attention ***** sometimes, lol.
Being that it's one of the most entertaining threads, I just couldn't see it becoming lost in the shuffle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona