Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 09:25 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
It rains all the time here! My plans are ruined today. Arizona is a *terrible* place to live because of all the rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Oyez, oyez!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
Yes! Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. It is just so....
Yuppir! We getting some up here on the mountain. How terribleâ„¢️!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 09:58 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Yuppir! We getting some up here on the mountain. How terribleâ„¢️!
Ain't that always the way, though?

Soon as you think it ain't gonna come... it comes.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:04 AM

2,559 posts, read 2,221,309 times
And the rain always brings out hordes of giant goat-eating cockroaches. It's best to avoid the state from January through December.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:40 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,088 times
...and when it rains, the government tries to tell us where we can or can't drive! I mean come on - using the wash to float my car downstream is just a faster way to get to the other side of town! This is such a terrible state.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:04 PM

68 posts, read 66,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thanks teddyearp. Now I had to read the whole thing, because you made me curious. Hard to believe there are folks who choose money over happiness but they're everywhere I guess.

Arizona wasn't even on my list but decided to visit. I always imagined it as hot & dusty. I had lived around water my entire life & assumed I always would. Hot & dusty didn't appeal to me. So I was very surprised when I visited.

All it took was to see one sunset & NO mosquitoes & I was hooked. It's quite a change from having OFF as a perfume 1/3 of the year. And maybe one of two gorgeous sunsets a year. They were so infrequent that everyone stayed outside until it was totally dark when it happened.

Of course, I exchanged the mosquitoes for scorpions, but you can't have everything. And the wolves, who at least had the decency to stay away from towns, for coyotes. I don't dare let my cat out here after dark. Such a terrible place to live!

Sounds like the kind of change I will need as the years go by. I am in New England currently and will more than likely leave in 3 years.. I also have to plan, do my homework on AZ some although am no stranger to going to new lands I am not familiar with so I have the advantage incase I dont visit first. I'll have to use my intuition but like you, I thought I'd never like Arizona either and ruled it out. I wanted "greener" places but truth is, I dont like mosquitoes at all and bugs. I would put up with the arid weather plus there is some green depending where you go. I just dont need this kind of greenery anymore really here or even the NW too is out, too many cloudy skies and crappy weather there too and expensive. I dont want to leave NE for somewhere else just as expensive frankly and with similar gloominess although less snow. But I also dont want the freakiness of California.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
Yeah, dehydration can really sneak up on you here. I take water with me when I go anywhere too. Never did that when I lived back east, but here in this crazy place it is important.

It looks like Monsoon may be sneaking up on you guys down there pretty soon. I see that we even have a slight chance for storms up here next week. I love the Monsoon! (when it actually rains, that is)

Thats stuff I feel I have to do now, even in New Hampshire. I had to stay cool in Florida also with high humidity. Always having something handy I had to do there too. The humidity coated you but it didnt always cure your insides or keep everything lubricated so to speak.

Where drynose bothered me though was when I first got exposed to dry weather in Sacramento 2012.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Wow what idiocy lol. Rain SUCKS! People value places with nice warm weather not miserable depressing rain! And not everyone cares about brats and their education system. Give me beautiful desert landscaping ANY day over my home town of Portland. Bunch of rain and green everywhere but surely one of the ugliest places to live day to day, absolutely miserable and depressing. Arizona is one of the best states. One of my friends got out of OR and bought a nice house with a pool in Phoenix and he couldn’t be happier.

I been to Portland, not as rude outwardly as the east coast but still can be I was surprised to find at the same time. It was miserable especially in Portland. I found it got nicer more when you got out to McMinnville but that was a drive from where I was staying. But even in the summer time I thought Portland was pretty bad too.. thats saying something. Crime was going up also and homeless were getting to be more. I thought I was reminded of Boston almost and where I was staying surprisingly, many southerners in the SE Portland and Division 112th area. I been around the block a few times.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:23 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,152,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWbound14 View Post
Sounds like the kind of change I will need as the years go by. I am in New England currently and will more than likely leave in 3 years.. I also have to plan, do my homework on AZ some although am no stranger to going to new lands I am not familiar with so I have the advantage incase I dont visit first. I'll have to use my intuition but like you, I thought I'd never like Arizona either and ruled it out. I wanted "greener" places but truth is, I dont like mosquitoes at all and bugs. I would put up with the arid weather plus there is some green depending where you go. I just dont need this kind of greenery anymore really here or even the NW too is out, too many cloudy skies and crappy weather there too and expensive. I dont want to leave NE for somewhere else just as expensive frankly and with similar gloominess although less snow. But I also dont want the freakiness of California.
Well...if you don't like mosquitoes...I would rule out AZ as well. We have the 20th Highest population in the US.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:58 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Well...if you don't like mosquitoes...I would rule out AZ as well. We have the 20th Highest population in the US.
Didn't realize there was a census for skeeters!

Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,730,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWbound14 View Post
Born and raised in the Bay State. Just know, the change will be night and day from New England...politically and weatherwise! Those haboobs can be pretty messy (especially after you've just washed your car!) and the scorching temps last for months. Why, during your winter months when the pretty white stuff is falling it's dry and dusty out here!��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona