Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:42 AM

27 posts, read 209,436 times

Advertisements

Looked at the stats in New River, AZ. Do any of you live there? Could you tell me something about New River? Are there kids there? Schools? Any gang activiy? Crime? Any comments would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
We think New River has some of the prettiest land we have seen. It is on the I 17 and the drive is congested to put it mildly. If it were not for the one way in and out, we would have bought something there.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:22 AM

27 posts, read 209,436 times
Thanks for the info!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 10,939 times
Cool Living in New River

I bought a home here in New River 2 yrs ago. I have to say its a beautiful area. If you'd like to have a custom home on an acre of land tucked between mountain ranges and minutes from the outskirts of town, this is the place to be!

Last edited by observer53; 10-06-2013 at 06:36 AM..

Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 AM

575 posts, read 1,777,913 times
New River is part of Deer Valley Unified School District.

My kids have attended all levels of schools in DVUSD and overall we have been pleased, but none of our schools are the same ones kids in New River would attend.

One of my daughters' friends used to live out that way. Her mom said they loved their house, hated the commute, and were so-so with the elementary school. They recently moved to our area (a bit closer in)

Old 07-25-2007, 08:00 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,678,248 times
Not much info on schools or crime, but my suspicion is that crime is pretty minimal. I-17 is one of two ways to get to "civilization". The other way is to drive all the way to carefree highway on the back roads, not bad if you're commuting to Scottsdale.

Very remote, but not far, if that makes sense.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 PM

45 posts, read 149,891 times
New River is Awesome. It sucks trying to get out there in the afternoon, but you really don't need to come into town for anything unless you work in phoenix. Anthem is 2 minutes south and has a few grocery stores, a walmart, and an outlet mall.

As for the Scenery, its beautiful. I love every part of new river, if I had the money, Id build a house up there in a heart beat.

There is little to no crime, I have never heard of anything ever happening up there besides the occasional car accident..

Deer Valley School Discrict is a great one, I would reccomend it over most disctircts here.

There is a few familes there, but the houses are typically spread out, and you will often not meet most of your neighnors.

Did I mention there is a nudist colony up there?

If you looking to move somewhere, I would highly suggest New River.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:08 PM

11 posts, read 33,273 times
I purchased a home in New River ~5 1/2 years ago. I do not have children but there are neighborhood kids...the New River elementary school seems decent...a small school setting...more personal attention. For High School, the kids either go to Anthem or PHX (I believe)...the Anthem school has many problems...As for New River: NR has a very diverse community...red necks to intellectuals...If you like City life, you won't like NR. If you like space, peace and quiet....If you're flexible and adaptable, you'll love NR. We have our share of problems...drugs and such...the crime is not too bad but getting worse with those darn "city-folk" moving up here (hahaha)...To my knowledge, there is no actual gang activity up here...not in NR proper but I believe there is some gang activity in Anthem. When I first moved here, the biggest "problem" was the intoxicated folks driving drunk and killing themselves. I, personally, love it here and hope I never have to permanently move away....this response is rather late in coming...wish I had gotten to this site sooner...I think what you are really wondering is if this is a good place to raise children. I believe New River is a great place to raise children...However, I would forsee some "problems" with High School age children going to Anthem. But, I also believe that if children have a solid home life and parents that are involved with their lives, mininal damage will occur in any environment.....(Hence, the problems with Anthem children - I deduce - is children with too much time on their hands and parents who are too self-absorbed to be involved with their children....and this is a "problem" everywhere....I honestly can not understand why people have children and then leave the children to raise themselves....OK, I'll get off my soapbox...my heart goes out to the children...)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 22,336 times
Is New River an option for me? I retire from NYC in two years and am looking for a warm winter small town with some conveniences of the city. I plan to summer in NY. No kids, just my wife and I looking for peace and quiet.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:49 AM

96 posts, read 532,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLANE View Post
Is New River an option for me? I retire from NYC in two years and am looking for a warm winter small town with some conveniences of the city. I plan to summer in NY. No kids, just my wife and I looking for peace and quiet.
I'm not sure that New River would be your best option for peace and quiet. Even though it is a pretty area and remote from some of the Phoenix metro craziness, it is right on I-17 and is a satellite of the greater metro. Look a little farther north to Dewey-Humboldt, Prescott Valley, Rimrock or Camp Verde for a greater chance of P & Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona