Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,634 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved to Bullhead City, Arizona 14 years ago to get away from the "rat race" in Southern California. At first, everything was quiet and peaceful here...but this is not the case anymore.

Today, we are surrounded by "boomers" in our neighborhood...and "boomers" on the highway and roads.

Some of our neighbors have "earthquake" type subwoofers that vibrate our house. Even if they keep the sound low on their stereo system, we still "feel" their "booms" and "beats" because they have high-powered subwoofers.

My husband and I have developed Vibro-Acoustic Disease due to all of the non-stop "booms" and vibrations....We are extremely noise-sensitive today and "on edge." Also, the constant vibrations have caused some problems in our house.

When we get "ahead," we'll pack up and move to a small rural town in the Midwest...with acres all around our house to protect us from "booming" neighbors and cars.

It seems like everyone is trying to compete with each other over who can make the most noise, and who can create the deepest and most intense "booms" (and vibrations) with their subwoofers.

What are the noise ordinances like in your town? Do you have to put up with a lot of "boomers" in your town too? I sure hope not.

We have contacted the police, and our mayor and city council many times...but noise ordinances are lax in our town. Can't wait to get out of here! Thanks for listening, Claire in "Boom-Head City, AZ!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 AM

572 posts, read 2,486,094 times
Here is what you do. Get yourself a nice loud chainsaw and follow the Boomers to where they live and then come back at 3 am and fire the chainsaw up in front of where they live and rev it up a few times until they come outside and ask them how they like to be disturbed. I am only kidding of course. Basicly all of the boomers need some kind of attention and this is the way they get it.
Sad but true. There are some really nice quiet areas in the Midwest, Iowa is a nice place to consider. I hope things get better for you.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 AM

229 posts, read 655,557 times
Default Hey CArizona

I lived in the county of St. Louis, Mo. for years and I know the feeling that you are talking about. We moved to a smaller town and we are very rural. Now I can't stand it. We have good neighbors and all, and we are not that far from town. I guess realization set in that all my family is gone and or living out there. I want to sell, and move to Kingman or Albuquerque.
Every now and then one of the neighbors will get drunk and shout,but he is harmless. Everyone is pretty much to them selves, but can get a quick bonfire on Sat. nights.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrokee69 View Post
I lived in the county of St. Louis, Mo. for years and I know the feeling that you are talking about. We moved to a smaller town and we are very rural. Now I can't stand it. We have good neighbors and all, and we are not that far from town. I guess realization set in that all my family is gone and or living out there. I want to sell, and move to Kingman or Albuquerque.
Every now and then one of the neighbors will get drunk and shout,but he is harmless. Everyone is pretty much to them selves, but can get a quick bonfire on Sat. nights.
Be advised that Albuquerque is a big city as well.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
There should be a noise ordinance? I believe Scottsdale has one. No one should be subjected to that crap. I am sorry.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM

Thanks to everyone for your posts. I know that it might be a big adjustment to move to a small, rural town. But, we just can't stay in the city right now, or in cities that want to grow fast, etc. I guess no place is perfect...Right now, we need some space around us so we don't have to put up with "booms" and "vibes" non-stop. Thanks, Claire

Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
There should be a noise ordinance? I believe Scottsdale has one. No one should be subjected to that crap. I am sorry.
Sedona is strict as well---------which does not hurt my feelings

I live in Scottsdale and the police will tell a bunch of noisy punks to settle down--------or else.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Sedona is strict as well---------which does not hurt my feelings

I live in Scottsdale and the police will tell a bunch of noisy punks to settle down--------or else.
Sedona doesn't even allow churchbells. Now that is strict. Of course eveyone has wind chimes, they can't be outlawed.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:49 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,077 times
get yourself a big watt stereo/theatre system like I did... everytime
my backyard neighbor behind me cranks his up playing that awful
boom-boom rap crap... I stick in an opera CD, open both windows in
back, stick the two speakers in them and crank my 1000 watt opera
playing cd up his ears.. lol!
I have not heard him in quite some time now...

Old 10-03-2008, 04:03 PM

Arizona Bound:

Thanks for writing. At one point, we went out and bought a 1000 watt stereo but it wasn't enough to upset any of our neighbors. They all have super powerful systems with extra "earthquake" sub-woofers, etc. In the end, we returned our stereo to the store and got our money back...because it didn't work with our neighbors. Glad you had better luck with your stereo! Thanks, Claire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona