Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,435 times

Advertisements

i WAS a registered Republican until GWB and company tried to foist amnesty for the illegals a couple of years ago . now i am a registered Indipendant . i never liked the idea of sending National Guard to serve in Iraq or any other country . as far as i am concerned and whatever my opinion counts is that NG should be used on the border between us and Mexico ,
way to many of our pols have gotten to the point to where we do not count . they and only they know what is best for us .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
i WAS a registered Republican until GWB and company tried to foist amnesty for the illegals a couple of years ago . now i am a registered Indipendant . i never liked the idea of sending National Guard to serve in Iraq or any other country . as far as i am concerned and whatever my opinion counts is that NG should be used on the border between us and Mexico ,
way to many of our pols have gotten to the point to where we do not count . they and only they know what is best for us .
Hum, let me see if I understand....

They being the pols, polls or politicians? I think you mean't Politicians.
As for "They and only they know what's best for us...NOT!"

This is the major problem. We keep electing the same Politicians into office over and over again, because "WE" are too lazy to do research on their accomplishments. Or in this case little accomplishments!

Arizonans need to snap out of the current love affair we have with Mr. McCain and hire someone that will take care of this State's tax payers.

It's time for outside of the box thinking to fix this problem at the border and it time to elect someone who will start walking the walk, instead of talking the talk.

It's time for Mr. McCain to say..."I'm sorry for taking advantage of the tax payers of my state, by getting paid and not showing anything in return."

"Oh, don't get me wrong, I did get to campaign in a National Presidential Election for the last 8 years at the tax payer expense, But now that I have all the tax payers money, I think I will step down now!"

Nay, let's just re-elect him for another 4 years to do nothing!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:17 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
I wasn't aware of France and the Republic of Ireland *rescinding* birthright citizenship. I thought it was never instituted. I know Japan never did, and as a result has generations of permanent residents on Korean and Republic of China passports.

EDIT: Apparently France and the Republic of Ireland modified their jus soli (citizenship by birth) remarks to add some additional requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Precedent has been set with France, Ireland (in just the last 10-20 years) and a few other nations doing away with birthright citizenship unless at least one parent is a legal resident alien at least.

If Europe as a whole can deny said citizenship----------so can the USA.
The constitutional amendment may help them get some welfare benefits for their children, and it may help their kids, but the illegal himself/herself will still be deported if he/she commits a crime or is caught as a "collateral." That's what happened to Gabriel Granillo's dad when he was deported to El Salvador (And he never bothered to get the Reagan amnesty that was offered to him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Yes, but they come because they know that this provision in the law protects them....get it! If they didn't have this opportunity than hopefully half will stay home.

Now, let talk about this for just a second. If we invaded Mexico with 6 million American across their border, what do you think they would do?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
but the illegal himself/herself will still be deported if he/she commits a crime.
Wow here's another NEWSFLASH: Entering the USA Illegally is a Crime, why do you think they call it Illegal...get it!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:02 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Wow here's another NEWSFLASH: Entering the USA Illegally is a Crime, why do you think they call it Illegal...get it!
Good point, Head Coach.

Isn't it amazing how many nutcases, including politicians, are unable to grasp this basic common sense logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona