Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:28 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times

Advertisements

I don't think "trendy" to two pre-teenage boys means Sedona, Flagstaff or Wickenburg.

Schools not as good in any of those places as will be found in some of the Valley areas the OP is looking at. Sedona is not very kid/teenager oriented, nor is Wickenburg -- tourist/retirement are the primary factors there. Flagstaff is beautiful in terms of scenery, but housing values are better here, I think, and less job opportunities there, even in the OP's field.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
the realtors are probably not saying anything negative because they're not allowed to....

if you get a pool, be ready for the maintenance and cost that goes with it....

you'll have quite a decent choice of houses in that price range....good for you....look around and spend time getting a feel for all the neighborhoods....some older neighborhoods mixed in with the newer ones sometimes...and ask your realtor questions about the distinction between a NJ home and an AZ one...like a swamp cooler, landscaping styles, construction issues, termites, dusty and dry weather, stuff like that....

be ready for the difference, in general, between the NJ and AZ lifestyles....sprawl, car usage, dry weather, more casual, slower-speaking people!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:56 PM

6 posts, read 13,372 times
Have you thought of moving to SURPRISE arizona? that is were my family and I moved to. We love it here. It's got everything you need and everything is pretty much walking distance. I dont know about the bus system as we drive but it's still beats the snow.. We moved here in November from North Dakota and we are sooooooo glad we moved here.. Our kids love it here, and they have Tons of stuff to do.. weither it's inside or outside.. Do some research on Surprise.. you'll be surprised on the housing market and the schools.. the school my daughter goes to wasn't that bad, but like i said we just moved here.. Good luck on your search.. I hope it turns out the way you'd hoped...

Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretster View Post
Have you thought of moving to SURPRISE arizona? that is were my family and I moved to. We love it here. It's got everything you need and everything is pretty much walking distance. . . .
I think that depends on what you mean by "everything".

Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 AM

2 posts, read 3,084 times
Since we are talking about moving to AZ. I am considering taking a job at The Tree of Life center in Patagonia. It will pay almost nothing - but, has a wonderful philosophy. Any one know about a way to find a reasonable place to live down there. Also what is the mood about the center in AZ. Thanks and blessings

Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMIPAMI View Post
Since we are talking about moving to AZ. I am considering taking a job at The Tree of Life center in Patagonia. It will pay almost nothing - but, has a wonderful philosophy. Any one know about a way to find a reasonable place to live down there. Also what is the mood about the center in AZ. Thanks and blessings
You might want to start your own thread on this-- just click on the "new thread" button on the upper left hand side of the Arizona forum page, with the name of the center and Patagonia in the title. You are more likely to get the attention of people who are familiar iwth the area and the center.

Good luck, and blessings to you, too!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 AM

687 posts, read 2,950,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't think "trendy" to two pre-teenage boys means Sedona, Flagstaff or Wickenburg.

Schools not as good in any of those places as will be found in some of the Valley areas the OP is looking at. Sedona is not very kid/teenager oriented, nor is Wickenburg -- tourist/retirement are the primary factors there. Flagstaff is beautiful in terms of scenery, but housing values are better here, I think, and less job opportunities there, even in the OP's field.
The OP suggest they are upper middle class, which means no public schooling most likely. Both Sedona and Wickenburg have very exclusive private schools/academies. You'd be quite surprised at the hidden "old money" that call Wickenburg home. They just like the "pass thru" podunk town look.
Guess it depends on what "trendy" is to their kids. And with teenagers today....who knows?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 AM

687 posts, read 2,950,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMIPAMI View Post
I live near Patagonia(Sierra Vista). Feel free to pm if you have questions, plus read the Sierra Vista review in the sticky thread at top of column.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
The OP suggest they are upper middle class, which means no public schooling most likely.
If the "suggestion" that the OP is upper middle class came from the home price she is looking at (I didn't see any other one). let's assume that's true. I disagree with your premise. A high percentage of my "circle" would be defined as upper middle class. Their kids have gone to and graduated from, or are going, to public schools. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM

194 posts, read 565,502 times
Gilbert is probably my favorite part of the Phoenix area period. You dont have to be rich to live there and pretty much most stuff is newer and nice. Gilbert is a pretty conservative town, some liberals but not too many. Mostly Mormons out here. They make great neighbors.

South Gilbert and South Chandler are in my opinions the highest quality of life in the STATE. However, being in this heat May-October is a nightmare. Hence our finding this forum trying to find a place to build a summer home elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona