Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 PM

61 posts, read 505,719 times

Advertisements

As long as they're not red and blue, I'm okay....

Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 9,901 times
Default If you don't like it- stay home Diaz

I have property in Dolan Springs and lived there for over a year. It is a great place to live if you want to get away from it all and not have anyone bother you. I never had any problems with the people in the town. I do work fulltime and was fortunate to find work nearby. All of Mohave county has issues with lack of jobs, not just Dolan Springs. I think it is a beautiful place with mountain views and sunshine. If you are looking to live in a "happening place" then Dolan Springs is not where you should be. I moved from the area because of the laws they have regarding the number of dogs you can have. At the time, I had 7 dogs, and you can only have 5 in the county. Regardless of the fact that my dogs are all from the shelters,are well cared for and are all indoor dogs. But, the laws are there for a reason and I understand. You sure can't beat the quietness of Dolan Springs after living in Las Vegas for 5 yrs.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,657,177 times
Hi everyone. We are going to Kingman this morning to register the boat. We plan on eat lunch at "In and Out Burger" Can anyone recommend a restaurant besides this joint in Kingman?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:42 AM

13,228 posts, read 21,847,967 times
Like Thai food? Bangkok Thai downtown is excellent, even by NYC and SF standards that I'm used to.

Bubba's Redneck BBQ downtown is good.

Oysters Mexican Seafood on Andy Devine north of stockton before you get to I40 is pretty good.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:08 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,657,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Like Thai food? Bangkok Thai downtown is excellent, even by NYC and SF standards that I'm used to.

Bubba's Redneck BBQ downtown is good.

Oysters Mexican Seafood on Andy Devine north of stockton before you get to I40 is pretty good.
I like Thai food. TY

Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandcj View Post
I have property in Dolan Springs and lived there for over a year. It is a great place to live if you want to get away from it all and not have anyone bother you. I never had any problems with the people in the town. I do work fulltime and was fortunate to find work nearby. All of Mohave county has issues with lack of jobs, not just Dolan Springs. I think it is a beautiful place with mountain views and sunshine. If you are looking to live in a "happening place" then Dolan Springs is not where you should be. I moved from the area because of the laws they have regarding the number of dogs you can have. At the time, I had 7 dogs, and you can only have 5 in the county. Regardless of the fact that my dogs are all from the shelters,are well cared for and are all indoor dogs. But, the laws are there for a reason and I understand. You sure can't beat the quietness of Dolan Springs after living in Las Vegas for 5 yrs.
Interesting; I have had little problem getting work in Mohave County when I lived up there. Maybe because sober/drugfree auto alignment technicians are thin on the ground.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 9,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Interesting; I have had little problem getting work in Mohave County when I lived up there. Maybe because sober/drugfree auto alignment technicians are thin on the ground.
If you WANT to work, there are jobs in Mohave County. True, being Drug Free is the key to finding a job anywhere! I look for jobs in kingman all the time online and there aren't many, unless you are a nurse. Administrative jobs are hard to find.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:01 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,906,340 times
I am still happy here. I celebrate every time a bad bunch moves out of town, and the yard gets cleaned up, and stays clean. No traffic light. I know where not to eat. Most of the people I know are not filled with venom. The Mt. Tipton church (and others) will help anyone who needs food, or clothing. I am a bit miffed when the local grocer asks $2.25 for a soggy avocado. I skip that deal. We carpool and go to Sunflower market in Las Vegas. Smith's in Kingman is having a bit of chaos at the moment with the remodel. Sunflower Market avocadoes were 77 cents.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandcj View Post
If you WANT to work, there are jobs in Mohave County. True, being Drug Free is the key to finding a job anywhere! I look for jobs in kingman all the time online and there aren't many, unless you are a nurse. Administrative jobs are hard to find.
Not disputing your post; I lived in Mohave County 3 years ago and things have deteriorated greatly since then for employment.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:11 PM

21 posts, read 133,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I am still happy here. I celebrate every time a bad bunch moves out of town, and the yard gets cleaned up, and stays clean. No traffic light. I know where not to eat. Most of the people I know are not filled with venom. The Mt. Tipton church (and others) will help anyone who needs food, or clothing. I am a bit miffed when the local grocer asks $2.25 for a soggy avocado. I skip that deal. We carpool and go to Sunflower market in Las Vegas. Smith's in Kingman is having a bit of chaos at the moment with the remodel. Sunflower Market avocadoes were 77 cents.
We have a nice place on an acre between Meadview and Dolan Springs that we use to 'get away from it all' in the winter. Dolan Springs sure does have some trashy places right alongside Pierce Ferry Rd. as you enter and leave town.........but the outlying areas are much better. We feel very safe on our property and love the clean air, beautiful views and star-filled nights! [b][u]BY THE WAY........DID ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THE METEOR THAT LIT UP THE WHOLE DESERT (AT LEAST OUR ACRE!) LAST WEDNESDAY JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT? WOW! TALK ABOUT AWESOME!

Wanted to ask you Peggy Anne.........can you fill me in on 'where NOT to eat' in Dolan Springs???? We have eaten at B&B and it was okay.......also got a pizza from there one time and it was also ok. Just wondering if there are DEFINITE places to stay away from (not that there's that many to choose from!). Also..........thanks for the heads-up on the honest local mechanic "Rex".......one never knows when the car is going to give yah trouble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona