Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 AM

508 posts, read 1,673,581 times

Advertisements

Cyanna, might I suggest that you not be so sarcastic. I would also suggest that you learn the difference between a comparison and a FEELING. I quoted your post which was a comparison between racial segregation and having to smoke 20 feet from the entrance of a dining establishment or bar. By definition a feeling requires you to say something like "gee, i think this sucks or gee, this is great." Not something along the lines of A is similar to B which caused X, so we are reliving the X days.

Next, if you had bothered to read my entire post, you would have seen my FEELINGS. Let me help you out; "This is science. It is what it is. Smoking kills; second hand smoke kills. Perhaps if I were to stoop to the level of logic of some of the pro-smoking arguments I could say that since your blowing smoke in face which kills me and I cannot escape it, I have the right to defend myself by an appropriate level of force to stop your attack on my life.

Is it really that difficult to step outside a mere 20 feet from the door, have your smoke and come back inside? Are your lungs in such bad shape that such a short walk represents a level of exertion your body cannot handle? Perhaps so, and if that is the case, I feel sorry for you. you have the right to smoke - I dont care. But if it is going to harm me or my family and you wont respect that we now have a problem."

Old 05-03-2007, 11:36 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
OK. I think everyone has had the chance to make his or her feelings on the subject known. The thread has deteriorated into accusations and attacking other posts, so it is now closed to further discussion.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona