Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Or possibly shoot you in the other Hollywood!
They'll do that in both Hollywoods
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
You're right about him being wrong.

No, it is not the law..
Yes it is!

Old 08-02-2007, 09:01 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Left turners have the least right of way. They must wait until all traffic clears, even if someone runs a red light you must wait. If you turn left and a redlight runner t-bones you, you will get a ticket (if you live) for illegally turning onto oncomming traffic. That is the law.
Quote:
Yes it is!
Whoever told you that needs to pull out their Title 28 and read ARS 28-645A1a again. That is not what the law says:

28-645. Traffic control signal legend
A. If traffic is controlled by traffic control signals exhibiting different colored lights or colored lighted arrows successively one at a time or in combination, only the colors green, red and yellow shall be used, except for special pedestrian signals carrying a word legend. The lights shall indicate and apply to drivers of vehicles and pedestrians as follows:
1. Green indication:
(a) Vehicular traffic facing a green signal may proceed straight through or turn right or left unless a sign at that place prohibits either turn. Vehicular traffic, including vehicles turning right or left, shall yield the right-of-way to other vehicles and to pedestrians lawfully within the intersection or an adjacent crosswalk at the time the signal is exhibited.

You must yield to vehicles LAWFULLY WITHIN the intersection. Red light runners are NOT lawfully within the intersection.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Hmmm. If my husband is going 95 in the fast lane and you are way too slow, he rides on your rear end, passes you and then brake checks you, that is fair game? I usually take down the license plate of idiots like this and I vote for more cameras!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:17 AM

341 posts, read 1,673,769 times
Hey come on - this is starting to sound like "road rage"

Old 08-03-2007, 12:52 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
Hey come on - this is starting to sound like "road rage"
LOL @ LVGAZ . . . "road rage"?

What better way to initiate a road rage incident than to show total disrespect to a driver behind you?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 PM

648 posts, read 3,091,054 times
it's pretty clear who on this thread need to go to anger management to get rid of his road rage. he reminds me of a guy who sat behind me on his motorcycle screaming at me to "GO B*TC*" because i had stopped for people who were crossing the street in a pedestrian crosswalk by a park and ride.
then he proceeded to speed around me and stop in front of me! so he could continue yelling at me. frankly i was a little scared, i thought he was going to get off his bike and try to hurt me.

Last edited by artyst; 08-03-2007 at 01:03 PM..

Old 08-03-2007, 02:01 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Whoever told you that needs to pull out their Title 28 and read ARS 28-645A1a again. That is not what the law says:

28-645. Traffic control signal legend
A. If traffic is controlled by traffic control signals exhibiting different colored lights or colored lighted arrows successively one at a time or in combination, only the colors green, red and yellow shall be used, except for special pedestrian signals carrying a word legend. The lights shall indicate and apply to drivers of vehicles and pedestrians as follows:
1. Green indication:
(a) Vehicular traffic facing a green signal may proceed straight through or turn right or left unless a sign at that place prohibits either turn. Vehicular traffic, including vehicles turning right or left, shall yield the right-of-way to other vehicles and to pedestrians lawfully within the intersection or an adjacent crosswalk at the time the signal is exhibited.

You must yield to vehicles LAWFULLY WITHIN the intersection. Red light runners are NOT lawfully within the intersection.

You are absolutely wrong. You must yield to ALL traffic whether they run a red light or not. Ask the police. My wife got a ticket for doing exactly what I mentioned. A red light runner T-Boned her and she got a ticket for failure to yield to oncomming traffic. The red light runner got a ticket for running the red light.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Quote:
[/color]

You are absolutely wrong. You must yield to ALL traffic whether they run a red light or not. Ask the police. My wife got a ticket for doing exactly what I mentioned. A red light runner T-Boned her and she got a ticket for failure to yield to oncomming traffic. The red light runner got a ticket for running the red light.
He IS the police.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,420 times
Quote:
[/color]

I don't know what to tell you sir. I posted the statute for you. That is the law. Look it up yourself if you think I have it wrong.
ARS28-645

If it happened exactly as you stated, the officer made a mistake in citing your wife. If the other driver ran a red light, he wasn't lawfully within the intersection and therefore your wife should not have been cited for failure to yield.

I don't need to ask a policeman. I was an officer for 28 years, 22 of which was working traffic and as an advanced collision investigator. I've investigated more fatals and vehicular homicides than I care to remember. Here are the links to three people I wish I had never met and unfortunately will never forget. All three were impaired drivers.

Information for Inmate 092039 BECKER
Becker ran a stop sign and hit a car with seven occupants. He killed two children and three adults, seriously injuring the other two kids in the car. He only received 22 years and is now out on parole. I think because the other car contained illegals he was given a huge break.

Information for Inmate 106656 BACA
Baca was driving a pickup the wrong way on the highway and collided head on with a car, killing an eleven year old boy. He was sentenced to 15 years.

Information for Inmate 139380 SANJURJO
Sanjurjo was also going the wrong way on the freeway in a pu. He struck two other cars head on, killing two and seriously injuring two. He plead to 26 1/4 years, the longest sentence for that crime in Pinal County history (so far). He must serve the sentence day for day. He got a harsh sentence because of his criminal record and was in fact out on parole on a bank robbery charge at the time he murdered these two gentlemen.

I'm retired now, but I assure you I took my job very seriously. I know the law and the one we are discussing is pretty simple. It means exactly what it says. I'm sorry your wife got a ticket she didn't deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona