Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM

10 posts, read 85,878 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are thinking about moving to Arizonia and have looked at Lake Havasu (loved havasu because low population, low crime, and lake nearby we love to go boating), bullhead, and phoenix (did not like phoenix due to, to many people for me) We have the following questions about Suprise Arizonia 1. How much population is Suprise Arizonia 2. Is their a lake nearby 3. because it is so close to Phoenix is their alot of people, crime, and traffic ? 4. and finnaly is their any jobs in the area ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
It's SURPRISE, ARIZONA. It is simply a suburb of Phoenix. Population about 90,000 as of 2007, according to the city website. That's an increase of 60,000 from 2000. It grew fast. Now, there are lots of foreclosures there.

Most people who live there work in Phoenix or elsewhere in the Valley, the only jobs (and I am not saying they are available) would be in stores, restaurants, small offices, etc.

Lake Pleasant would be a relatively short drive from there. Crime rate low, although there is crime everywhere.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 PM

10 posts, read 85,878 times
I have one other question how is the traffic in and around suprise is it like the rest of phoenix ?????? we were done their in Mesa and chandler and to me the traffic was crazy and everything is packed is it the same way in Suprise ?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
I don't live on that side of town, and don't have a lot of experience with Surprise traffic. I'm sure someone who lives there will be able to answer that.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 AM

894 posts, read 2,202,021 times
As much as I hate the burbs, I love surprise. Surprise is the place to be. It is right off Grand Ave, Bell Rd, loop 303, a short drive down grand to get to the 101. You got Phoenix to the east, the beautiful desert to the west, speedworld is just to the West down Jomax Rd if you are into drag racing and dirt bikes and all the things worth living for. Lake pleasant is to the north, about a 20-40 minute drive depending on traffic from Surprise. Surprise is nice. Very well kept. Everything is there. Probably the best built community in Arizona in my opinion. If you move to Surprise, you will not regret it.

I lived in El Mirage for a year. I grew up in Buckeye/Tonopah. El Mirage is right next door down grand ave. they call it Little Mexico. Don't go there. EVER.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:24 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I don't think the traffic in Surprise is any worse than Peoria or Glendale. Certain times of the day Bell road gets congested with people coming home or going to work. We take Grand all the way into down town to the courts when we have jury duty. Not a bad trip at all and we avoid the freeway madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona