Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM

18 posts, read 65,700 times

Advertisements

Well I am mixed African-American / Native - American and I am sometimes mistaken for Hispanic. My husband and I are still considering a move to Arizona. Hell, being part Native this country is my mother land so I'd live anywhere I damn well pleased to live.

What concerns me about Arizona is the wretched economy. I'll be working in healthcare (Speech Language Pathology) and my husband in IT. I currently live in Texas, which has a thriving economy, but we love beautiful Arizona. Since the economy is in disarray I'd like to watch it a few years and see if it goes to hell in a handbasket. Hope it doesn't become a redneck haven...

Last edited by Veejee; 05-23-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 11:38 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I think if and when Americans either figure out or come out of denial, as to why the Feds drag their feet on this issue the better things would be. In other words its time to tell the Fed Gov't Enough is Enough. We are wise to you. That is exactly what Arizona did and Im all for it.

I think there will be people that will consider Arizona more now. Now that some type of laws are going into effect.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:02 PM

18 posts, read 65,700 times
Bottom line...more racists will probably go to Arizona and those that are more progressive will not. The real problem is that white people are starting to feel the consciouness of their race the way minorities do. You are aware that you are loosing ground not just in population but in the media you all aren't the "gold standard" anymore because America is becoming more and more diverse.

Even if you get rid of the illegals your children and grandchildren will live in an America that's majority Hispanic in approx 100 years. You won't live to see it but they will. America started brown and will end brown. You all just have to figure out how to deal with it. Stopping illegals from coming over is right but America is stolen property anyway that how I see it. Hispancis tend to have waayyy more children than blacks and whites and with the LEGAL population alone they are still poised to become the majority.

People blame the illegals but don't blame the PEOPLE GIVING THEM JOBS!!!

Old 05-23-2010, 12:59 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
To put this thread back on topic ...

If the law affected my thinking at all, it was all positive towards Arizona.

It reinforced my decision to get out of here, and live there.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Closed for mod review...over half of this is off topic or more name calling.

If your posts are missing they were moved to the Illegal Immigrant law thread as they were off topic here. If this veers like that again I will just merge it with the other.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 05-23-2010 at 07:23 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times
Yipee ! Just closed last week.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Because of the Arizona Imm. law I put that state as my top pick to move to....1st was Texas but Arizona seems to be taking the bull by the horns...Me likey!!!

Go Arizona!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:27 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I've been looking into buying a second home in either Nevada or Arizona,both areas have good real estate deals right now. Arizona is now my only choice!

I'm happy to see the Governor cares about the people and her state rather than pissing off the Federal Govt. who should've been enforcing these laws all along! Most people against this bill are either ILLEGAL or have never read it and have NO IDEA what it's about!

I'm sick of living in a state that gives my hard earned LEGAL money to ILLEGALS.I still cannot believe this is even legal. We've been housing Obama's aunt here for years when she was ordered to leave in '04! My health insurance went up 40% this year and she receives hers FREE!!! What's wrong with this picture?

Those of you who are against this bill and don't have to deal with these issues would have a different opinion if it was happening in your own back yard or effecting you financially!
Good! AZ needs more people like you there!!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veejee View Post
Well I am mixed African-American / Native - American and I am sometimes mistaken for Hispanic. My husband and I are still considering a move to Arizona. Hell, being part Native this country is my mother land so I'd live anywhere I damn well pleased to live.

What concerns me about Arizona is the wretched economy. I'll be working in healthcare (Speech Language Pathology) and my husband in IT. I currently live in Texas, which has a thriving economy, but we love beautiful Arizona. Since the economy is in disarray I'd like to watch it a few years and see if it goes to hell in a handbasket. Hope it doesn't become a redneck haven...
I hope you move there. But why do you think that people that want to protect their country are rednecks??? I would move to AZ because of this law. As it stands Phoenix is number 2 behind Columbia on kidnappings. Why do you think that is? Illegals bringing their "norm" over here. I think this law will make AZ a better place to live and raise a family. Hell in a hand basket would be CA...

Old 05-27-2010, 01:59 PM

69 posts, read 224,138 times
[quote=Veejee;14301396]Bottom line...more racists will probably go to Arizona and those that are more progressive will not. The real problem is that white people are starting to feel the consciouness of their race the way minorities do. You are aware that you are loosing ground not just in population but in the media you all aren't the "gold standard" anymore because America is becoming more and more diverse.

Even if you get rid of the illegals your children and grandchildren will live in an America that's majority Hispanic in approx 100 years. You won't live to see it but they will. America started brown and will end brown. You all just have to figure out how to deal with it. Stopping illegals from coming over is right but America is stolen property anyway that how I see it. Hispancis tend to have waayyy more children than blacks and whites and with the LEGAL population alone they are still poised to become the majority.

People blame the illegals but don't blame the PEOPLE GIVING THEM JOBS!!![/QUOTE

1) Get Real! Just because people believe in the, "Rule of Law", doesn't make them racists!

2) What has that got to do with being here legally?

3) That doesn't change the fact that they are here illegally!

4) I have been looking at moving to Arizona for years. It is looking better and better now with the new law passed. Yes I would definitely move there when I can.

Last edited by mglindo; 05-27-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona