U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 PM
 
10 posts, read 43,756 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

This county is surronded by wet counties. I cant even get my non alcoholic
beer like odoules or bushNA. We voted in 1 percet tax raise but duh no alcohol tax because no alcohol.. Come on bubbas, its no longer the 1920s. Anyone have a movement to make crawfrod wet?
Tom

 
Old 07-07-2007, 04:01 PM
 
Location: 96820
795 posts, read 2,036,802 times
Reputation: 393
Default bottoms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas3333 View Post
This county is surronded by wet counties. I cant even get my non alcoholic
beer like odoules or bushNA. We voted in 1 percet tax raise but duh no alcohol tax because no alcohol.. Come on bubbas, its no longer the 1920s. Anyone have a movement to make crawfrod wet?
Tom
Go see the local bootlegger, all them dry counties, cities, towns, villages have at least one. Back when - Franklin County was served by Sommers, the son of Charleston's town marshal.
When I lived in Midland we under aged got our beer from old man Stenthouse. Not to worry, these white folk long time dead but the upstanding profession of bootlegger is still going good.
 
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM
 
570 posts, read 1,364,176 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas3333 View Post
This county is surronded by wet counties. I cant even get my non alcoholic
beer like odoules or bushNA. We voted in 1 percet tax raise but duh no alcohol tax because no alcohol.. Come on bubbas, its no longer the 1920s. Anyone have a movement to make crawfrod wet?
Tom
We live about 15 miles from the Mo. state line. Thay are happy to take my beer money if Arkansas does not want it..
 
Old 07-07-2007, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38646
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
We live about 15 miles from the Mo. state line. Thay are happy to take my beer money if Arkansas does not want it..
Yep, Mo loves the tax money. BV is just over the boarder in AR, just think of the money AR loses just from that county alone. Nita
 
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 14,599,851 times
Reputation: 4457
Crawford county is like the buckle of the bible belt, it will never be made wet. Trust me, I live there unfortunately.
 
Old 07-08-2007, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38646
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas3333 View Post
This county is surronded by wet counties. I cant even get my non alcoholic
beer like odoules or bushNA. We voted in 1 percet tax raise but duh no alcohol tax because no alcohol.. Come on bubbas, its no longer the 1920s. Anyone have a movement to make crawfrod wet?
Tom
Don't you wish some of these people would join the 21st century?

Nita
 
Old 07-08-2007, 06:13 PM
 
10 posts, read 43,756 times
Reputation: 16
thanks folks. pretty funny Just drove to Ozark bar on sunday IT WAS OPENED but no booze in liquor store SO i had to ge to next town alteus to buy my NON ALCOHOLIC BEER
THANKS
THOMAS3333
 
Old 12-20-2007, 06:00 PM
 
10 posts, read 43,756 times
Reputation: 16
well i complained about the Dry county and whaa laaa......now at least two wet places... The state is changing so is Crawford County Money talks.

Last edited by thomas3333; 12-20-2007 at 06:49 PM..
 
Old 12-20-2007, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 14,599,851 times
Reputation: 4457
Ozark and Altus are in Franklin county, which has different liquor laws. I'm suprised Benton County is still wet with the influx of out of staters up there. The one thing they have that Crawford county doesn't is restaraunts are allowed to get private club permits to serve alcohol. I guess as long as they can drink when the eat, they don't care if they have to drive to Missouri or Washington county to find a liquor store. Crawford county is completely dry in every way, and I don't see that changing in the next 20 years.
 
Old 12-20-2007, 09:40 PM
 
155 posts, read 577,247 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Ozark and Altus are in Franklin county, which has different liquor laws. I'm suprised Benton County is still wet with the influx of out of staters up there. The one thing they have that Crawford county doesn't is restaraunts are allowed to get private club permits to serve alcohol. I guess as long as they can drink when the eat, they don't care if they have to drive to Missouri or Washington county to find a liquor store. Crawford county is completely dry in every way, and I don't see that changing in the next 20 years.
You my friend are wrong. A restuarant in Van Buren was approved for a private license to sell alcohol, and is currently doing so. As well as a golf course in Alma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top