Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
What would NW Arkansas such as Bentonville area be like today if it wasn't for Wal-Mart HQ there attracting industry and employing people and those higher paying corporate jobs there? Would it be like the rest of the AR and MO Ozarks with low pay and little industry?
Don't think it really matters what it would be like, the fact remains it is what it is, as the saying goes. Remember we also have 2 other national companies with headquarters here or did you know that? You can say what would anything be like if?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 AM

188 posts, read 254,072 times
That is like asking what Houston or Dallas would be like without oil or the railroad, respectively. No way to know with something else would have come along to shift the balance...

Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes59 View Post
Thanks for that, hit. Kinda sounds like what I am leaving in Houston- dodge ball with cars, and houses the people feel are worth more than reality made them. I am looking for a place that I have a feeling I may have neighbors, but I haven't seen them to prove it.
No, Hot Springs Village is nothing like that (bolded part).

And, as Jim Nelson said, you can have the italicized part also, if you so desire.

HSV also has its own police force and ambulance service. And very little crime. Very clean, slow pace of living, just a nice, restful place....but with plenty to do inside the "walls", if you want.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:58 AM

188 posts, read 254,072 times
My dad always thought I might end up behind walls. I don't think he meant that kind... :-)

I guess I have another place to check out.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
No, Hot Springs Village is nothing like that (bolded part).

And, as Jim Nelson said, you can have the italicized part also, if you so desire.

HSV also has its own police force and ambulance service. And very little crime. Very clean, slow pace of living, just a nice, restful place....but with plenty to do inside the "walls", if you want.
yep, i worked for life mobile back in 2001 for a small bit.. till they sold out. HSV has its own self supported system, just need a good trauma clinic close by because 20 min drive to nearest hospital is lot of time, even driving 80mph.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:03 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Hot Springs Village looks great, but I don't see any equestrian facilities or activities. I don't think they want my mule Pedro hangin' around there at all....not to mention 2 other mules, 5 dogs, 2 cats and a bunch of chickens and guineas. Hey, if Pedro don't go, Jane don't go. Too many rules and regulations for me and Pedro. With all those rules we might as well stay in California. HSV is very beautiful though and if I didn't have all these animals, I'd be very tempted to move there.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:49 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Once you have the animal bug, they become a priority in your life, huh, janellen? Wise decision on your part!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:00 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
i know some folks who have a "farm" in HSV.. so not sure why u cant.. unless they changed some rules in the HOA.. they do have facilities thier, like pool, bars, golf, family stuff.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:39 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
i know some folks who have a "farm" in HSV.. so not sure why u cant.. unless they changed some rules in the HOA.. they do have facilities thier, like pool, bars, golf, family stuff.
I wouldn't want to live near a braying mule, 5 barking dogs, a crowing rooster and whatever that loud noise is that guineas make. It's good that janellen has stayed where she (?) is.

Of course, I know all these would not be allowed in HSV, but I'm just sayin'....people move to places like HSV for a reason, and this is one example why.

At my age, I want peace and quiet. That is why I would like HSV, and why I really wish they wouldn't encourage younger families with children to live there, and why I would like fairly strict HOA rules.

Different strokes for different folks!

Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Mules don't actually bray, donkeys do. Mules have a sound in between a horse's neigh and a donkey bray but generally quieter than both. You would never hear the sound my mules make unless you were standing pretty close to them. My dogs aren't allowed to bark indiscriminately. If they're barking it's 'cause there's a bad guy out there. Now the guineas you have a point on. They are awful and LOUD!!! I only have three and when they're gone......no more. I've learned my lesson on them. But I hear ya luvvarkansas....sometimes I don't want to live by me either. All these critters are rescues and I won't be rescuing any more as I'm getting too old to outlive them. So, when these are gone, I too will be looking for a quiet place to live. HSV looks really, really nice. I never could find what the HOA dues are. Could you please tell me what that cost is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas