Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 02:20 AM

93 posts, read 92,667 times

Advertisements

I'm a 22 year old man living in Florida, but last summer when I was 21 years old, I was living in Wisconsin (<A state that I hate with a bitter passion) and I really wanted to get away and go on a roadtrip to Arkansas because I almost ran away there a long time ago, so I was posting ads on craigslist and later on I found a stranger who ended up taking me there.

Here's the map of where we all went. I chose all the locations. It's a tad bit inaccurate towards the middle part of the route because we ended up taking a detour to Yellville Arkansas and didn't go towards Little Rock.

When we first arrived in Arkansas, it was flat and green and lush grass fields everywhere, but as we started heading west (towards Pocahontas) it suddenly started to get very 'hilly' everywhere until I eventually started noticing Mountains! It shocked and amazed me because I always thought mountains were very far away, like way out in California or Montana, but I never knew they were so close in Arkansas.

The stranger who took me there said that they are the Ozark mountains. They weren't nearly as high as the ones out west but they were still quite marvelous. Arkansas is a beautiful state.

Please share your thoughts on all of this and feel free to ask questions about anything

& in case you're wondering, we completed this entire trip in less than 60 hours. We left at 11pm on Day 1, stayed the night at a motel in Yellville on Day 2 and after that, drove straight through the rest of the destinations and went back to Wisconsin. It was a short trip but it seemed longer because i saw so much stuff. A lot of fun though. I was sad when it ended, even though I was a tad-bit on edge being driven around by a random man I didn't know at all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 03:45 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,529 times
That's awesome!

Did you see a lot of cops or "staties" or whatever you call Highway Patrol, State Police etc that sit and look for speeders? Did anyone bother you?

(Also: I once did something similar for two young stranded people.. from Indianapolis Indiana to Birmingham Alabama in 2010, in I think January. I think it was 2010. Then drove back north to Columbus Ohio. Then back to Indy. For a second, I thought you were they.)

Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
This is interesting. What part of Wisconsin did you live?

Looks like you skipped over most of the ozarks on your trip. Do you have any pictures to share?

Old 03-07-2018, 07:16 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
I want to hear more about the stranger! Did he have an idea for 7 minute abs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2di69FmhE

Old 03-07-2018, 03:23 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,037 times
Hmmm Having spent most of my life looking through a windshield, my first thought was "ain't no way", but I wasn't there so I shouldn't question the veracity of this Post, but I guess with no pee, gas, or food breaks it's possible!?

Old 03-07-2018, 03:34 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,286,731 times
Unbelievable!

Old 03-07-2018, 09:54 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
Hmmm Having spent most of my life looking through a windshield, my first thought was "ain't no way", but I wasn't there so I shouldn't question the veracity of this Post, but I guess with no pee, gas, or food breaks it's possible!?
An added thought; much of that trip would have been at night, so how did he make all those observations Have we just been hooked by another Troll ?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:55 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,444,722 times
Quote:
An added thought; much of that trip would have been at night, so how did he make all those observations Have we just been hooked by another Troll ?
I was thinking the same thing. Brand new member talking about soliciting strangers on craigslist who just happens to wind up in the AR forum?

Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
This is interesting. What part of Wisconsin did you live?

Looks like you skipped over most of the ozarks on your trip. Do you have any pictures to share?
I lived in West Allis Wisconsin.

and i was taking a lot of pictures on the trip but i didnt get many of the mountains. my ipod was running out of space so i couldn't take many by the time we got to the mountiany area of Arkansas. i kinda regret that though but i really want to go back if i can find someone else to take me.

but i managed to get this:

i took A LOT more pictures also

Old 03-08-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
the stranger who took me paid for the gas, and we he did get food also but i brought my own too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas