Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 06:25 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I know that's a popular spot, but I don't think I'd go out there. From the looks of it nothing to keep you from plummeting if you slip?
Surprisingly, the part that is actually the hawksbill doesn't seem as unsafe as some of the areas before it along the bluff. The hawksbill actually leans back towards the land. You can't tell that from the view in the picture. As you are approaching it, there are lots of spots on the bluff to the right of the trail that have places where so many were stepping out to get a better view of the valley and the hawksbill. The valley is absolutely breathtaking! However, those areas that people were stepping out on leaned towards the bluff side and has lots of loose rocks and dirt. Made me nervous and I would allow my son to get anywhere near the edge (he is 21, lol). There have been a few who have slipped being too close to the edge and died. After seeing how many dangerous spots there are and how many people, I'm surprised there aren't more accidents. It's a long way down if you fell. With all that said, if you are like me, and prefer to stay a safe distance, it's perfectly fine and safe to go on this hike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:50 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
What a great game. Suddenly, now I like the black uniforms..sort of...not really but if they make the Hogs win...WOW!

Old 11-05-2016, 07:07 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
What a great game. Suddenly, now I like the black uniforms..sort of...not really but if they make the Hogs win...WOW!
I never could figure out why a school with the colors of Red and White would even consider wearing Black or Gray uniforms ?

To some great football programs, school colors still matter.
(I'll retract that the first time Alabama ever wears Black or Gray )

Old 11-06-2016, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I too am getting used to the uniforms. As for the game, doesn't it make you wonder even more, what the HELL happened 2 weeks ago? yesterday was what we expect to see from our Hogs.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:59 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I too am getting used to the uniforms. As for the game, doesn't it make you wonder even more, what the HELL happened 2 weeks ago? yesterday was what we expect to see from our Hogs.
It's like I said......they're a good team, but not good enough yet to win consistently in the SEC. If Arkansas played in the Big 12 they'd probably be at or near the top of the conference standings. As for the Auburn game, that was a combo of the Hogs not being prepared to play and an Auburn team just discovering how good they really are. Vanderbilt went in there ready to play on Saturday, though, and gave them everything they could handle........and I know the Hogs are a better team than Vanderbilt.......so again, I chalk a lot of that debacle up to poor preparation. You have to be jacked for every single game playing in the SEC or you can easily get smoked any given week......especially when playing on the road.

The Florida game was huge, though, and it was huge because it was a showcase for the defense, which needed to happen badly. They pursued the ball ferociously and were hitting like Mack trucks. That poor kid from Florida returning that kickoff probably still hasn't found his head yet. That may have been the hardest hit I have ever seen, and I've been watching football since I was about 6 years old.

Bring on LSU. The Boot stays on The Hill! WOO PIG!

Old 11-07-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
It's like I said......they're a good team, but not good enough yet to win consistently in the SEC. If Arkansas played in the Big 12 they'd probably be at or near the top of the conference standings. As for the Auburn game, that was a combo of the Hogs not being prepared to play and an Auburn team just discovering how good they really are. Vanderbilt went in there ready to play on Saturday, though, and gave them everything they could handle........and I know the Hogs are a better team than Vanderbilt.......so again, I chalk a lot of that debacle up to poor preparation. You have to be jacked for every single game playing in the SEC or you can easily get smoked any given week......especially when playing on the road.

The Florida game was huge, though, and it was huge because it was a showcase for the defense, which needed to happen badly. They pursued the ball ferociously and were hitting like Mack trucks. That poor kid from Florida returning that kickoff probably still hasn't found his head yet. That may have been the hardest hit I have ever seen, and I've been watching football since I was about 6 years old.

well i can't say I have been watching since I was 6 but lets just say, hubby said, when he met me, 59 plus years ago, that he knew I was the one, because he couldn't believe he had met a girl that loved to cook and was a true sports fan. He was a college senior at the time, I was a jr. We have been happily married for 58 plus years and I still love both sports and cooking.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:23 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
well i can't say I have been watching since I was 6 but lets just say, hubby said, when he met me, 59 plus years ago, that he knew I was the one, because he couldn't believe he had met a girl that loved to cook and was a true sports fan. He was a college senior at the time, I was a jr. We have been happily married for 58 plus years and I still love both sports and cooking.
My wife has the cooking part down pat, but the sports part I have had to cultivate patiently. She's coming around, slowly but surely!

In the meantime, my waistline continues to expand....

Old 11-07-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:

regarding your 1st sentence..........it appears no team in the SEC West is able to " win consistently" besides Alabama.

Two major upsets in one day ( Arkansas beating #11 Florida and Mississippi State beating #4 Texas A and M)

Old 11-07-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
regarding your 1st sentence..........it appears no team in the SEC West is able to " win consistently" besides Alabama.

Two major upsets in one day ( Arkansas beating #11 Florida and Mississippi State beating #4 Texas A and M)
could this be due to having all good teams; any one of them can win on any given day?

Old 11-07-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
could this be due to having all good teams; any one of them can win on any given day?
yes indeed !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas