Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2024, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 305 times

Advertisements

As a cat lover in Arkansas, I found Maine coon breeders located in the state. It would be amazing to pet this breed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 06:33 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Came closer than ever before to realizing our Arkansas dream when I interviewed for another healthcare position in Bentonville last week. First in person AR interview I've done since 2016. The people were amazing, the benefits were great, but the base wage offer was still just a bit too low for us to accept. Was hoping they'd come up, but no dice. Man, thought we had it for a while there and it was really exciting!

Regardless, it was great to be back in the NWA region again. First time we've had the chance to spend time there since Covid started. 4 days of wonderful weather and beautiful Ozark scenery. The Beaver Lake, Fayetteville and Siloam Springs vicinities are our favorites.

God bless AR and see you next time!

Old 03-12-2024, 08:26 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,398,417 times
congratulations on visiting arkansas again! i have always said, if was meant to be, all the stars will align. sorry that it did not happen for y'all this time. you and your family would be a real asset for us arkansans.

spring is just about to take over the landscape of our beautiful state and i can't wait!

hopefully, one day you and your family will call arkansas home.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
congratulations on visiting arkansas again! i have always said, if was meant to be, all the stars will align. sorry that it did not happen for y'all this time. you and your family would be a real asset for us arkansans.

spring is just about to take over the landscape of our beautiful state and i can't wait!

Thanks. We saw what looked like a million Bradford pear-type trees in bloom while down there. Round-ish trees with white flowers......a few trees with purple ones, too. It was quite beautiful.

I think we're really close job-wise. The wages have definitely come up since we first discovered the state back in '15. I wanted so bad to accept this offer, but it just wasn't our time yet. Bentonville has become a little scary with its congestion, although I'd still would've accepted that job had the money been right.

If God wants it it'll happen. Good enough for us.,

Old 03-12-2024, 12:30 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Came closer than ever before to realizing our Arkansas dream when I interviewed for another healthcare position in Bentonville last week. First in person AR interview I've done since 2016. The people were amazing, the benefits were great, but the base wage offer was still just a bit too low for us to accept. Was hoping they'd come up, but no dice. Man, thought we had it for a while there and it was really exciting!

Regardless, it was great to be back in the NWA region again. First time we've had the chance to spend time there since Covid started. 4 days of wonderful weather and beautiful Ozark scenery. The Beaver Lake, Fayetteville and Siloam Springs vicinities are our favorites.

God bless AR and see you next time!
Forgive my memory, if we covered this, before, but ...

Have you considered looking outside of the NWA area?

Like, Mt Home, Mt View, Harrison, Heber Springs, etc

There are several major medical systems in this region.

Old 03-12-2024, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post

I always give God the credit. I asked God to treat me like a lab rat, and He did. He put me in a maze, and the only path through it, was to where He wanted me to go.

Other than that, I agree with you.

Old 03-13-2024, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Forgive my memory, if we covered this, before, but ...

Have you considered looking outside of the NWA area?

Like, Mt Home, Mt View, Harrison, Heber Springs, etc

There are several major medical systems in this region.
Yes, unfortunately the more remote the lower the pay. Plus, we have special needs kids and need to be closer to a children's hospital. I've interviewed in the Little Rock area as well, but we prefer NWA for a varierty of reasons.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Yes, unfortunately the more remote the lower the pay. Plus, we have special needs kids and need to be closer to a children's hospital. I've interviewed in the Little Rock area as well, but we prefer NWA for a varierty of reasons.
OK. I can see why that is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas