Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcimergirl View Post
We absolutely LOVE Arkansas, especially MOUNTAIN VIEW!!! We live in Missouri, which is a beautiful state, but when we go on a "get-a-way" trip, we always head for Mountain View. We love the beauty of the mountains, and the White River, that runs by the town. The people there are wonderful, and very friendly to us, and seem to really enjoy our music that we play. Its such a peaceful, serene, and relaxed atmosphere in Mountain View. It's always hard to leave that place and head for home, back to "reality" and the stresses of everyday life. When we're in Mountain View, we put all our cares and worries on the back burner, so to speak, and just enjoy life. We can't wait to head that way SOON! J & G
all good reasons for loving this state..I still love the rural feeling and yet, know I am only a few minutes from everything I need.

Nita

Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
climate,scenery, and cost of living plays a big part ( at least in catching the attention of people from different states)

Old 04-07-2009, 03:35 PM

89 posts, read 247,509 times
The natural beauty of much of the state. The rivers, lakes & mountains. The excellent state parks. The preservation of Hot Springs and Eureka Springs. The relaxed nature found throughout the state.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 AM

5 posts, read 42,670 times
I am so glad to get some inside information on Arkansas. I haven't been near there in years. I would like to know more. If you have some advice as where to live where the bugs are few, the city medium-sized and the residents are 40 & up. I am only separated (almost four years, could be dead, I don't know) so I'm not really looking for anyone but I don't want to be dodging kids with loud music overriding their headsets(when they wear them) like I've dealt with in the big cities I've lived in since I left TN when I was 18.

I would go there but there are many reasons I won't. Many bad memories and stuff.
Anyway, I'm rattling. I just want a peaceful place to end my life.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:39 AM

5 posts, read 42,670 times
I only want to have a computer with internet, a home phone and/or a cell phone. I hope the rest is as I dream it will be.

Oh, and what about fishing? Are there places close to town where one can fish and catch a catfish that won't glow in the dark or anything? Do fishing licenses cost much? I don't plan to have a car so I will want some place where everything is easily accessible on foot or cycle. I don't mean the above comment as an insult, it's really intended to be a joke. Who knows, if the situation were right, I might forget all about the computer and stuff. Who in the Sam Hill really knows the heart of a person?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I hate it here.

Thanks Y'all

P.S. I truly enjoyed the pictures I've seen so far.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jle197 View Post
I am so glad to get some inside information on Arkansas. I haven't been near there in years. I would like to know more. If you have some advice as where to live where the bugs are few, the city medium-sized and the residents are 40 & up. I am only separated (almost four years, could be dead, I don't know) so I'm not really looking for anyone but I don't want to be dodging kids with loud music overriding their headsets(when they wear them) like I've dealt with in the big cities I've lived in since I left TN when I was 18.

I would go there but there are many reasons I won't. Many bad memories and stuff.
Anyway, I'm rattling. I just want a peaceful place to end my life.
As for the bugs being few, that might not be too easy, but the rest sounds like you would love NWA: we do have the internet and we even have phones, both cell and land lines. You will probably want to think about Bella Vista, or maybe some of the surrounding towns like parts of Bentonville. Some of Bentonville is pretty much family oriented, but not all of it.

Are you going to buy or rent, are you looking for an apartment or home? All these things will make a difference. What will you do for a living?

Good luck

Nita:

Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM

11 posts, read 24,823 times
I have to go with the people here are great. My family has been having a very troubling time since my hubby has been at UAMS since Feb 9th and our community and come out and supported us through his fight with leukemia like I could never have imagined. I just dont think I could ever find such good people if I looked all over the world

Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessarky View Post
I have to go with the people here are great. My family has been having a very troubling time since my hubby has been at UAMS since Feb 9th and our community and come out and supported us through his fight with leukemia like I could never have imagined. I just dont think I could ever find such good people if I looked all over the world
thanks and good luck to your husband.

Nita

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM

947 posts, read 2,399,039 times
I love Arkansas because my family is there! I was raised there and it is pretty!! Now I am off in lousyana!!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM

947 posts, read 2,399,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessarky View Post
I will pray for you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas