Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:31 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncronejr View Post
Why would you complain to management if she was in a designated smoking area?
I would not complain about the person. I would complain about where the designated smoking areas were located. It really stinks when the only way to get into a building is through a designated smoking area. I would ask managment to put it somewhere where everyone did not have to walk through it. If I could go around it, I would not complain to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 01:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would not complain about the person. I would complain about where the designated smoking areas were located. It really stinks when the only way to get into a building is through a designated smoking area. I would ask managment to put it somewhere where everyone did not have to walk through it. If I could go around it, I would not complain to anyone.
this wasn't the situation. If you have ever been at the car rental center at DFW you would remember they have doors every few feet. The area was right on the curb or almost and was not blocking any entrances nor should it have caused any problems for anyone...I guess I didn't make it very clear.

Nita

Old 12-25-2009, 09:16 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Occasionally, in California, any number of people are breathing in second-hand smoke, and sometimes, more toxic than cigarette smoke.

When those hillsides occasionally go up in flames, along with any number of houses with toxic substances inside, it's a choker for everyone.

CA started this whole no-smoking crusade, and why oh why, when I see pictures of their hillsides aflame and people wearing face masks, and being a smoker myself, do I have to kick myself really hard from laughing out loud during those times!
This just show what a sick person you are. What kind of person laughs at people losing their homes?

Old 12-25-2009, 09:20 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
I think if a person wants to pollute their lungs and inhale toxins that's their business. I'm glad there is a place smokers can go. I think there should be one or two smoking bars in Cali. I just wish there was one non-smoking bar here in Hot Springs.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:00 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This just show what a sick person you are. What kind of person laughs at people losing their homes?
And you and LVDrunk both would cry a river of tears for those losing their jobs, their homes, as a result of those being unemployed due to furthur restrictions on smoking or outlawing tobacco.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:04 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And you and LVDrunk both would cry a river of tears for those losing their jobs, their homes, as a result of those being unemployed due to furthur restrictions on smoking or outlawing tobacco.
Give it up TJ. Post #19 and #20 already showed your true colors, and thank God you can not delete them. You have shown yourself to be an inconsiderate and uncaring person who gets off on others sufferings, so you have no room to talk anymore .

Old 12-26-2009, 08:06 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
I really chuckle when people complain about smoking, yet claim they heat their house with wood and love the smell of wood burning.

That--smell-- is small amounts of smoke that is present in your house 24/7.

Why is it that when wood is added to the fireplace or the door of a wood stove is opened to add wood the --smell--gets a little stronger ?----------- escaping smoke !

There is a reason why outside wood boilers are gaining popularity in cold weather states and inside wood stoves are dropping in popularity.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:11 AM

Yup--------non-smokers can't wait to get home from that disgusting bar with the smell of smoke and go home to their wood stove heated house and enjoy the --smell--of a woodburning stove.

Quite hypocritical !

Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,210,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I really chuckle when people complain about smoking, yet claim they heat their house with wood and love the smell of wood burning.

That--smell-- is small amounts of smoke that is present in your house 24/7.

Why is it that when wood is added to the fireplace or the door of a wood stove is opened to add wood the --smell--gets a little stronger ?----------- escaping smoke !

There is a reason why outside wood boilers are gaining popularity in cold weather states and inside wood stoves are dropping in popularity.
That is strange, isn't it?

One of the biggest reasons I see for the decline in indoor woodburners is insurance. A lot of companies won't carry the risk anymore.

The outside boilers are great, and people get them to heat their house *and* hot water, but two things that you need to get one of those.....

A lot of cash, and an endless supply of wood.

Somebody's got to take care of it 24/7.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 AM

----" Somebody's got to take care of it 24/7"--

?????????????????

The outside boilers handle much bigger pieces of firewood and thus require much less frequent adding wood as any stove inside the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas