Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times

Advertisements

Some moderators need to get tough with some of the people who post on C-D!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:22 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Most are like that...especially if you come from a island country....
this is why we have so mang languages and cultures in philippines
Because inter-island travel is soo hard in one of the most densely packed groups of islands in the world.

And yes we have many languages, but they're all closely related and part of the same language family.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:40 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Because inter-island travel is soo hard in one of the most densely packed groups of islands in the world.

And yes we have many languages, but they're all closely related and part of the same language family.
Of course it hapoens all the time with provincial people moving to wealthier manila and cebu
it doesnt matter if its the same language family....modern day languages dont have much correlation with race anymore

Old 05-16-2013, 04:48 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think you've posted that pic before. The Chinese had probably penetrated almost every corner of the Phils, it's not a large country and the islands are accessible by boat. Do you know this person personally that you can make this conclusion? I'd be surprised if she was pure Austronesian.

if i can just rep you for this a thousand times! it's as if the OP knows the person personally to know that the woman in that pic does not have any chinese blood in her. the OP just keeps making claims without any proof.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post

I love that you're so intimate with her that you know all of her ancestors. Do you realize that she has 8 great grandparents? I'm sure you know every single one of them and all of their ancestors too. And just because she lives in that area now, where supposedly no Chinese person has ever gone that doesn't mean that every single one of her ancestors is from that place. People move around. You live in NC now. I guess that means all your ancestors lived there too

rep rep rep thousand times!

of course, since they never moved, they just sort of appeared there and never really mingled with any other races.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Its not a prison...but people who live there make maybe 5 dollars a day....many move out and work as sailors or nurses

people movde up .not down...u move to where the money is

your such a simpleton...going by your logic..americans would be migrating to somalia in drovez...since according to your animal like instincts people move for the sake of moving

oh yeah! people just sort of appear in one place and claim to be a pure race! and didnt you just keep pounding on that ethnic filipinos are negritos? then that woman in your pic is far removed from being ethnic.

and i agree with smtchll that you should shut up til you bring actual proof of her ancestry that she really has no chinese blood in her

Old 05-16-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Most are like that...especially if you come from a island country....
this is why we have so mang languages and cultures in philippines

most? oh DEFINITELY NOT MINE! so stop being a delusional troll and bring forward solid proofs of that woman's identity.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
oh yeah! people just sort of appear in one place and claim to be a pure race! and didnt you just keep pounding on that ethnic filipinos are negritos? then that woman in your pic is far removed from being ethnic.

and i agree with smtchll that you should shut up til you bring actual proof of her ancestry that she really has no chinese blood in her
Correct the woman is karaya...not filipino....a filipino is a black negrito who think of themselves as chinese or spanish

malays and any proud etnic is no longer filipino

Last edited by ejay1; 05-16-2013 at 07:44 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Correct the woman is karaya...not filipino....a filipino is a black negrito who think of themselves as chinese or spanish

I really do not understand why you always have to drag Negritos in your comment and insist that they claim to be Spanish. Negritos have a community of their own. They do not even associate with the Malay Filipinos. I am so sure that they are proud of their identity.So stop assuming that they claim to be Spanish when they do not even talk to you.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:

oh a sprouted population! how magical! yeah, they appeared in the area, but they're not filipinos. the negritos that have travelled from elsewhere of mainland asia to the philippine islands are the filipinos. yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh...

indeed! just goes to show what logic, or nil, that you have. it's the same "logic" that you apply with the rest of asia. if an asian does not look east asian, regardless of their location, then they're not asians. they just happen to live in asia, right?

but wait, didnt you just say that she's full-blooded filipno, no chinese blood? hmmmm, your "logic" is like that of a goldfish...no memory whatsoever. every second it turns, everything's new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia