Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in METRO Manila or METRO Kuala Lumpur?
Metro Manila 40 48.78%
Metro Kuala Lumpur 42 51.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
You're talking about things that you can't back up with actual facts. There aren't stats on that. However, there are stats on the murder rate for the Philippines and Indonesia, and it's higher in Indonesia. I'd rather be hassled by some beggars than murdered.
Well i can show you that you would very likely to get robbed in Philippines rather than Indonesia, and that you are very likely to get kidnapped there than in Indonesia. Fair enough?

Check out in youtube the Hidden Jakarta tour, it might help you to open up your mind.

Well the actual fact is in Indonesia beggars are rounded up by the police that they become much less apperent than in Philippines and you can't also deny that unemployment level of Indonesia is lower than yours. In Indonesia people report if they spot beggars in the street and they would be caught and jailed, before finally sent back home to their hometown, unfortunately however the sanction were never implied to these people. This chasing between the police and the beggars has been going on forever but actually it worked, their number were dwindling by a large number!

Last edited by Goshio22; 12-06-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Hey guys, Indonesia and Malaysia....aren't the same country

Old 12-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Hey guys, Indonesia and Malaysia....aren't the same country
Pardon the intrusion... I will stop.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
you can't also deny that unemployment level of Indonesia is lower than yours.
It's not much lower.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
It's not much lower.
You are right, the Philippines unemployment rate has dropped.

6.2% vs 6.5% ohh the Phils unemployment rate drops, anyway the figure of unemployment in Metro Manila is as high as 10.2% and Jakarta 9.87%.

Last edited by Goshio22; 12-10-2013 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: unemployment rise in Indonesia

Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 AM

/\/\

What are you talking about? It's obvious you don't understand statistics or you would know that surveys typically carry a 5 percentage point margin of error.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
/\/\

What are you talking about? It's obvious you don't understand statistics or you would know that surveys typically carry a 5 percentage point margin of error.
Hm? i've changed it, your economic booms employment are created.

http://www.rappler.com/business/4565...to-6-5-percent

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/tag/i...ployment-rate/

Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 AM

But the uneployment rates of both countries are still within the margin of error, so the fact remains that they are similar. Periodic drops or increases don't mean anything unless they absolutely prove a trend.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,684 times
Default ..

hi, mabuhay

I want to correct u Forest_Hill_Daddy..
Malaysia is bigger than the Philippines. Land mass Malaysia - 329,847 sq km
Philippines - 300,000 sq km.
Then u said that we are economy focused and unambitious. Doesn't u understand that economy driven is the fact for prosperity and internalization. We trade all around the world connect and connected.Export data -(M'sia 2012 US$239.8 bil, Philippines 2012 US$52 bil). For sure ur employment rate is lower because u produced less.What are u going to do at there?

Our population is less than a third of yours yet still our economy is bigger( M'sia Gdp- US$ 305 bil, Phillippines-US$250.2). if u want to say about ambition how about owning a car. in 2012 the total passenger vehicle sold in ur country is just 48328 units while in Malaysia it was 552189 units still we are a third of ur number but sold more than 10 times.
Vehicle per 1000 people -(M'sia - 361, Philippines- 30). The recent CNN list of the best shopping cities across the globe ranked Kuala Lumpur fourth only behind New York, Tokyo and London even better than Paris at fifth spot.

Then i ask u again what kind of work i could do at ur place? I believe there are more prominent global MNC operating and investing in M'sia. For sure there is abundant resources and opportunities here than there. And one fact is that our development is spread balance across the country therefore there are no regions that is seriously left behind. I doubt that is the same at yours. Maybe only the Luzon central received the wealth. Again i ask is there a certain hope there?

Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,684 times
Quote:
I agree that KL is cleaner with "better food", "better infrastructure" and "more green". But what kind of work are you going to do there? Malaysia is a small country-focused economy and would not be a good place for people with ambition. Companies operating out of Metro Manila on the other hand are more outward-looking and is more suitable for ambitious people looking for global responsiblities.
hi, mabuhay

I want to correct u Forest_Hill_Daddy..
Malaysia is bigger than the Philippines. Land mass Malaysia - 329,847 sq km
Philippines - 300,000 sq km.
Then u said that we are economy focused and unambitious. Doesn't u understand that economy driven is the fact for prosperity and internalization. We trade all around the world connect and connected.Export data -(M'sia 2012 US$239.8 bil, Philippines 2012 US$52 bil). For sure ur employment rate is lower because u produced less.What are u going to do at there?

Our population is less than a third of yours yet still our economy is bigger( M'sia Gdp- US$ 305 bil, Phillippines-US$250.2). if u want to say about ambition how about owning a car. in 2012 the total passenger vehicle sold in ur country is just 48328 units while in Malaysia it was 552189 units still we are a third of ur number but sold more than 10 times.
Vehicle per 1000 people -(M'sia - 361, Philippines- 30). The recent CNN list of the best shopping cities across the globe ranked Kuala Lumpur fourth only behind New York, Tokyo and London even better than Paris at fifth spot.

Then i ask u again what kind of work i could do at ur place? I believe there are more prominent global MNC operating and investing in M'sia. For sure there is abundant resources and opportunities here than there. And one fact is that our development is spread balance across the country therefore there are no region that is seriously left behind. I doubt that is the same at yours. Maybe only the Luzon central received the wealth. Again i ask is there a certain hope there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia