Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 07:50 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhamsingosari View Post
Yeah, by light brown skin I mean medium brown and olive.
Yes, probably similar skin pigmentation to Indians from the Punjab or something but more yellowish.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:56 PM

7 posts, read 10,826 times
All the people who are here likes Thread to coquet the skin color, you have any kind of leather keep it before the lord. One thing why always make an order of skin color not clear??? and consider your skin color more white or light than all the people who live on the earth. But the winner " SKIN COLOUR " is the is WHITE PEOPLE ?
^ sorry my engelish very bad

Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Evenki/Nivikh/Yakut/Buryat/Ainu/Uyghur/Kazakh

I'm not sure what's meant by this, that a couple of people posted, as supposedly the lightest Asians. Buryats and Yakuts are relatively dark. Buryats are related to Mongols, I'm not sure why people think they're light? And with Uighurs, it really depends. Evenks are definitely darker. The lightest of Siberia's peoples are the Yukagirs, having lived near the Arctic coast for eons. They're pale, I guess like the Japanese.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 AM

72 posts, read 156,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I'm not sure what's meant by this, that a couple of people posted, as supposedly the lightest Asians. Buryats and Yakuts are relatively dark. Buryats are related to Mongols, I'm not sure why people think they're light? And with Uighurs, it really depends. Evenks are definitely darker. The lightest of Siberia's peoples are the Yukagirs, having lived near the Arctic coast for eons. They're pale, I guess like the Japanese.
Uyghurs are actually not lighter than Han Chinese. Because their Caucasoid ancestors were more related to Middle Easterners and Afghans than Europeans.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:28 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenandLearn View Post
Papau New Guinea count as Asians???
Geographical part of Oceana

Old 04-12-2014, 01:15 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,160 times
I do not blame the OP in the thread, but I hate there is a forumer here make the Ranking of skin color, as he knows all skin types of people in this world,
for @Postman ,the Javanese and Sundanese People look the same as Malays people in malaysia to you .

Old 04-12-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Well from what I've seen North Asians are all pretty pale, but some can get dark due to the solar reflection off snow. Inuit seem darker than more southerly tundra and steppe dwelling peoples.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
I do not blame the OP in the thread, but I hate there is a forumer here make the Ranking of skin color, as he knows all skin types of people in this world,
for @Postman ,the Javanese and Sundanese People look the same as Malays people in malaysia to you .
I haven't been to Java but many Indonesians here look like Malays, although a lot seem to have some Chinese ancestry I think.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:39 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I haven't been to Java but many Indonesians here look like Malays, although a lot seem to have some Chinese ancestry I think.
Javanese/Sundanese people are closer Austro-Asiatic people rather than Austronesians, they are actually closer to the Cambodians than other Austronesian people who live in the archipelago of Nusantara.. not surprising since most people who live in Java currently have their ancestor (about 2000 years ago) coming in from Siam region, same with Bali. But i don't think Javanese people have that much Chinese ancestry, unless you mistaken Chinese Indonesians who speak Javanese as one.

like you said earlier Japanese of Okinawa have their own look that differentiate them from other Japanese, well if you are familiar with the people of Indonesia, you can actually see the "Javanese" look or "Sumatran" look or 'Balinese" look or "Malaysian" look that actualy enables you to see how different their facial structure are. There are certain look that Malaysian Malay have that distinguish them from being Indonesians, but i can't really express it in words.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Javanese/Sundanese people are closer Austro-Asiatic people rather than Austronesians, they are actually closer to the Cambodians than other Austronesian people who live in the archipelago of Nusantara.. not surprising since most people who live in Java currently have their ancestor (about 2000 years ago) coming in from Siam region, same with Bali.

like you said earlier Japanese of Okinawa have their own look that differentiate them from other Japanese, well if you are familiar with the people of Indonesia, you can actually see the "Javanese" look or "Sumatran" look or 'Balinese" look or "Malaysian" look that actualy enables you to see how different their facial structure are. There are certain look that Malaysian Malay have that distinguish them from being Indonesians, but i can't really express it in words.
A lot of pure Javanese could pass for mainland SEA's and southern Chinese:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...w=1309&bih=644

Would you say Austronesians from the Filipinos are more distant/more similar to Polynesians/Micronesians? Maybe along with pure Taiwanese aborigines?

I'd say a lot of Malays can look pretty 'oriental' too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia