Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the one with the greater influence on Asia as a whole?
China 86 87.76%
India 6 6.12%
Both equally so. 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 PM

45 posts, read 138,526 times

Advertisements

China is greater influence on Thailand because majority of Thai is come from China and share same blood only different culture. Thailand culture more like India but people looks more like Northeast Asian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromesaveur View Post
China is greater influence on Thailand because majority of Thai is come from China and share same blood only different culture. Thailand culture more like India but people looks more like Northeast Asian.
I'd say Thai culture is a real mix of the two. I dunno if it's more Indian, although the Indian influence is significant. A lot of the food, Buddhism (yes it came from India but now it's more an East/SE Asian thing), the spoken language.etc is closer to Chinese. The Thai numbers 1 to 10 are similar to Cantonese.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:46 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Of course Muslims are going to moan about it. What do you think you'd do if your people got butchered and the CM stayed quiet and lazy? You'd be upset, wouldn't you? But, it wasn't your people that took the hit, it's the minorities.

You make it sound like the Indian Supreme Court (Or any Supreme Court in this world) is infallible or something.

Also, there are MANY MORE Hindus, rich Indian diaspora supporting Modi than any Muslim can have him banned in the United States. All I know is that I don't want Hindu nationalism spreading across India in the name of progress. This idea is dangerous, I just don't understand how anyone can't see its resemblance to other nationalistic movements in history.

Slightly off-topic, but, I also don't understand this hatred for Muslims or shunning them away or labeling Indian Muslims along with Pakistanis. If you wanna identify us by our religion solely than why is it Pakistanis all the bloody time? Why not Mali or Tunisia? Muslims live there, too. Ah, that's right. Culture. Smh. Indian Muslims, especially Indian Muslims living in South India have a near 0% connection with Pakistanis.

If you are an NRI and you value equality of these Western Countries and look towards India and hate on Muslims, you need to reevaluate your views. Don't be a hypocrite.
how is adhering to a different ideology make one a minority? that is so absurd. So if I was an Indian citizen, and I convert to islam or christianity, I get all those sweet benefits? That is hypocritical. I thought india was a secular country. There should be a uniform civil code strictly separates church and state and every indian is treated equally regardless of ideology. Polygamy and shariah should be outlawed as well. its barbaric. they don't let Mormons have multiply wives in the US.

its pakistanis all the time because they're funding jihad. mali and tunisia is far and away. Muslims had their chance ruling india for a couple hundred years. Nothing good came of it. No scientific progress. Just loot, rape, pillage, and plunder. Afghanistan is messed up because of it. So is pakistan. Bangladesh is barely fighting for secularization. if islamic rule was still in affect, India would have ended up like iran. Muslims do not want to assimilate for some reason.

I think you should count yourself lucky the way muslims are treated in india. Red China would rape you hard if you caused trouble like the uighers. they don't take crap. Why don't you move to Pakistan if you're feeling oppressed. better yet, go to saudi arabia. That's where islam came from.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Of course Muslims are going to moan about it. What do you think you'd do if your people got butchered and the CM stayed quiet and lazy? You'd be upset, wouldn't you? But, it wasn't your people that took the hit, it's the minorities.

You make it sound like the Indian Supreme Court (Or any Supreme Court in this world) is infallible or something.

Also, there are MANY MORE Hindus, rich Indian diaspora supporting Modi than any Muslim can have him banned in the United States. All I know is that I don't want Hindu nationalism spreading across India in the name of progress. This idea is dangerous, I just don't understand how anyone can't see its resemblance to other nationalistic movements in history.

Slightly off-topic, but, I also don't understand this hatred for Muslims or shunning them away or labeling Indian Muslims along with Pakistanis. If you wanna identify us by our religion solely than why is it Pakistanis all the bloody time? Why not Mali or Tunisia? Muslims live there, too. Ah, that's right. Culture. Smh. Indian Muslims, especially Indian Muslims living in South India have a near 0% connection with Pakistanis.

If you are an NRI and you value equality of these Western Countries and look towards India and hate on Muslims, you need to reevaluate your views. Don't be a hypocrite.

Read this link. It gives you a glimpse of how far Muslims in India have gone to accomplish.

If a Muslim can head India

Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 PM

96 posts, read 124,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yes, their relationship is similar to English and French but even more distant.

What about Chinese and Thai?
The only think i know about Thai is that the numbers 2 - 11 are from Chinese.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:29 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,465,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Read this link. It gives you a glimpse of how far Muslims in India have gone to accomplish.

If a Muslim can head India
Indian Muslims are an integral part of Indian society, and the vast majority of Indian Muslims proudly identify as being Indian citizens/a part of India. Their loyalty to India and their countrymen is absolutely unquestionable. This is something that stymies and befuddles some foreign Muslims that have Jihadist leanings and/or believe in Islamic dominionism.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:00 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
India rocks.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:01 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
When I was a kid in India, the president was Muslim and the prime minister was Hindu. For some time. And there were no eyebrows raised. It wasn't any big deal. They get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia