Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Almost half of Taiwanese ppl use an iPhone so Idk what you are on about. Many ppl have a lot of money. Average and median wealth in Taiwan is very high.
One iPhone purchase every third year cost about $20 per month. It does not represent a large share of a ordinary taiwanese persons expenditure.

You are clearly spending a much larger amount than $20 on luxury products and that is why you used iPhone, Macbook Pro and quality products as an example for why cost of living does not matter.

Quote:
They still receive plenty of immigrants from other countries.
Yes, as I said, the only big groups coming to France are third world migrants.

But every rich country can get lots of third world migration if they allow it. Hence, France is not an extremly popular immigration destination like you claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 05:07 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
One iPhone purchase every third year cost about $20 per month. It does not represent a large share of a ordinary taiwanese persons expenditure.

You are clearly spending a much larger amount than $20 on luxury products and that is why you used iPhone, Macbook Pro and quality products as an example for why cost of living does not matter.
What a load of crap. The reality is a significant part of modern daily life involves stuff that's the same price wherever you go. You can keep denying it, which makes you look like a total fool.

Quote:
Yes, as I said, the only big groups coming to France are third world migrants.

But every rich country can get lots of third world migration if they allow it. Hence, France is not an extremly popular immigration destination like you claimed.
You clearly have a problem with France (and Sweden, for some bizarre reason). I have no time for your anti-France/Sweden stance.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
What a load of crap. The reality is a significant part of modern daily life involves stuff that's the same price wherever you go. You can keep denying it, which makes you look like a total fool.
No, I clearly showed you that buying an iPhone every 3 years cost $20 per month. That is a not a significant part.

You seem to need your luxuries, but not everyone are like you.

Quote:
You clearly have a problem with France (and Sweden, for some bizarre reason). I have no time for your anti-France/Sweden stance.
HAHA. Nice deflection.

I do not have a problem with France, I have a problem with you who make up facts such as France being estremly attractive immigration destination, and then refuse to admit you were wrong.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
No, I clearly showed you that buying an iPhone every 3 years cost $20 per month. That is a not a significant part.

You seem to need your luxuries, but not everyone are like you.
You don't seem to be aware of the fact that things like clothes (not designer clothes, just normal clothes from H&M or Zara), many basic household appliances like a fridge or an oven or a kettle, or even groceries, can be the same price everywhere or cheaper in more expensive countries. For example, cheese and wine are very cheap in France but very expensive here.

Not to mention, people travel. If your country's PPP per capita is high you'd still feel poor when you go abroad. That's just common sense.

Quote:
HAHA. Nice deflection.

I do not have a problem with France, I have a problem with you who make up facts such as France being estremly attractive immigration destination, and then refuse to admit you were wrong.
You are the one that refuses to admit you were wrong. So France is less attractive than Germany or Switzerland, doesn't mean it's unattractive.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
You don't seem to be aware of the fact that things like clothes (not designer clothes, just normal clothes from H&M or Zara), many basic household appliances like a fridge or an oven or a kettle, or even groceries, can be the same price everywhere or cheaper in more expensive countries. For example, cheese and wine are very cheap in France but very expensive here.
Clothes in H&M are cheap, Zara is an upper class brand. You can get cheaper clothes than H&M in cheap countries. I never buy at H&M, simply because I can buy cheaper elsewhere. Fridge is something you buy once and keep for 10 years, so the cost is around $4 per month. If these kind of items make a big impact on your budget, you should take a look at your own spending habits.

Groceries are cheap in cheap countries, or else their PPP would not be low. But if you refuse to eat like a local, and need to eat expensive imported cheese and wine, then yes it will be expensive. But that is your problem.

Quote:
You are the one that refuses to admit you were wrong. So France is less attractive than Germany or Switzerland, doesn't mean it's unattractive.
Haha, nice try.

You said that France was an "extremly popular immigration destination", not that it was not unattractive.

Even when you are caught with your pants around your legs, you still refuse to admit you were wrong. Instead you lie, deflect and try to attack me.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Clothes in H&M are cheap, Zara is an upper class brand. You can get cheaper clothes than H&M in cheap countries. I never buy at H&M, simply because I can buy cheaper elsewhere. Fridge is something you buy once and keep for 10 years, so the cost is around $4 per month. If these kind of items make a big impact on your budget, you should take a look at your own spending habits.

Groceries are cheap in cheap countries, or else their PPP would not be low. But if you refuse to eat like a local, and need to eat expensive imported cheese and wine, then yes it will be expensive. But that is your problem.
Cheaper = **** quality.

Quote:
Haha, nice try.

You said that France was an "extremly popular immigration destination", not that it was not unattractive.

Even when you are caught with your pants around your legs, you still refuse to admit you were wrong. Instead you lie, deflect and try to attack me.
It's extremely popular, just less popular than Germany or Switzerland.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Cheaper = **** quality.
Oh.. the typical excuse for having an expensive lifestyle.

Quote:
It's extremely popular, just less popular than Germany or Switzerland.
I am extremly popular, I am just less popular than Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Cyprus, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, UK, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.

Yeah right

Old 01-14-2020, 07:58 AM

I'm done with you. You clearly have no idea what the world is like.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:08 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
I'm done with you. You clearly have no idea what the world is like.

that's because he's a wumao

he'll put you in a concentration camp once you surrender your rights.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:32 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:

Why on earth would anyone have a problem with Sweden? Those Swedes are so inventive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia