Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:34 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times

Advertisements

When I say interesting species I mean it literally.

About 90% of Asians are lactose intolerant, while among other races it is usually very low (<5%). I was tolerant when I was younger, then TURNED after the age of 26/27. Don't know why. Guess the genes kicked in.

You know the important stuff white and black people can't live without,deodorant? It is hard to find them in a China or Korea. About 5% of Chinese have noticeable body odour, vs about 90% among Caucacians and 99% of blacks. In Chinese we call that "fox stink" because it is unusual and unpleasant while among other races it is common (unusual not to have it). This is why they take a shower in the MORNING. I can go without a show for a week and nobody will smell anything (not that it is something we should do). Basically all humans carry this gene (like all animals) when they left Africa but only east Asians lost it somehow.

Northern Asians are the only people who display single layer of eyelid. You don't see that in whites, blacks, Indians, or even SE Asians.

I always wondered why ear secretion is called "ear wax", how is it wax? Until I realize white and black people have wet and often oily stuff from the ears. Asians have it too, but it is usually thin flakes, and completely dry. I was pretty shocked to learn the difference.

Ever seen white and black people spend big bucks to straighten their hair? About 99.9% Asians have straight hair. It can be hot with 100% humidity and my hair will still be straight instead of curled up like a mess.

In some sense, we East Asians are the X-men! We just evolved differently.

Last edited by botticelli; 07-25-2015 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 06:41 PM

510 posts, read 609,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

About 90% of Asians are lactose intolerant, while among other races it is usually very low (<5%). I was tolerant when I was younger, then TURNED after the age of 26/27. Don't know why. Guess the genes kicked in.
nearly all humans lose the ability to process lactose as they age and the reason why westerners tend to preserve their tolerance is because they eat a lot of cheese and yogurt and milk and other dairy products. Lactose intolerance is mostly based on diet, not genetics.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:

You know the important stuff white and black people can't live without,deodorant? It is hard to find them in a China or Korea. About 5% of Chinese have noticeable body odour, vs about 90% among Caucacians and 99% of blacks. In Chinese we call that "fox stink" because it is unusual and unpleasant while among other races it is common (unusual not to have it). This is why they take a shower in the MORNING. I can go without a show for a week and nobody will smell anything (not that it is something we should do). Basically all humans carry this gene (like all animals) when they left Africa but only east Asians lost it somehow.

Northern Asians are the only people who display single layer of eyelid. You don't see that in whites, blacks, Indians, or even SE Asians.

I always wondered why ear secretion is called "ear wax", how is it wax? Until I realize white and black people have wet and often oily stuff from the ears. Asians have it too, but it is usually thin flakes, and completely dry. I was pretty shocked to learn the difference.

Ever seen white and black people spend big bucks to straighten their hair? About 99.9% Asians have straight hair. It can be hot with 100% humidity and my hair will still be straight instead of curled up like a mess.

Lactose intolerance is highest in Europe in the Iberian peninsula at around 54% from a cursory google search. Also lactose intolerance isn't an East Asian thing, the Native American population in the US has almost 90% lactose intolerance, and the indigenous peoples of North and South America, lactose tolerance is very high. Is it diet, or a racial thing, considering that the indigenous in North and South America come from similar genetic stock that Mongolians and northern Chinese do.

Regarding the hair thing, I have the same hair type East Asians do, thanks to my mestizo ancestor.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:55 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lactose intolerance is highest in Europe in the Iberian peninsula at around 54% from a cursory google search. Also lactose intolerance isn't an East Asian thing, the Native American population in the US has almost 90% lactose intolerance, and the indigenous peoples of North and South America, lactose tolerance is very high. Is it diet, or a racial thing, considering that the indigenous in North and South America come from similar genetic stock that Mongolians and northern Chinese do.

Regarding the hair thing, I have the same hair type East Asians do, thanks to my mestizo ancestor.
Native Americans are pretty much Asians. Look at their faces and you would know. Or check where they came from.

But I agree it probably isn't genetic. Babies are tolerant and it is when we don't consume dairy products for long when we become intolerant.

I am saying only Asians have straight hair just that only we are almost all straight haired.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:26 PM

919 posts, read 840,225 times
Quote:

Amazing observation!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:36 PM

919 posts, read 840,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
nearly all humans lose the ability to process lactose as they age and the reason why westerners tend to preserve their tolerance is because they eat a lot of cheese and yogurt and milk and other dairy products. Lactose intolerance is mostly based on diet, not genetics.
I didn't know that! Glad to learn something everyday

By the way, you can buy lactose-decomposed-milk here in Japan.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:54 PM

722 posts, read 1,328,797 times
I noticed all ethnic groups have a distinctive body order, some have a very strong odor that you can smell as soon as they come near your area.

the darker skinned ethnic groups seem to have more odor than normal? possibly from having more sweat glands and the type of food they eat, especially ethnic groups that eat a lot of spicey foods.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:29 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
Really? I too have slowly lost my ability to drink milk, which I hate because I love milk, milkshakes, and horchata.

But I eat a lot of dairy products like cheese, and stuff though, it does not seem to help.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:02 AM

1,185 posts, read 2,221,131 times
Quote:

Asians are pretty interesting. Mentally they are also different from the other races. They all tend to be very shy and mysterious. Its strange but every asian i have met is shy and mysterious. Just like most black people i meet tend to be loud and agressive

Old 07-26-2015, 10:55 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
I knew about the difference of ear wax, learned it recently. Had no ideas about lactose tolerance and or the factors behind it. I always noticed that Asians very rarely had curly hair.

Also Asians never have any eye color besides brown and the hair is always almost black, not even dark brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia