U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,884,776 times
Reputation: 943

Advertisements

Anyone going to this? Richard Dawkins is going to be the featured guest speaker. Other notable guests include Aron-Ra, PZ Meyers, Eugenie Scott, Michael Shermer and Matt Dilahunty. That group alone is enough to raise the average IQ and rationality level of the entire state by 10000%

Texas Freethought Convention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
 
16,098 posts, read 17,899,425 times
Reputation: 15891
I will be there as will many of the Houston meetup group. I am taking my granddaughter for Camp Quest on Saturday too. You would be surprised how many atheists there are in Houston.. We have the largest atheist meetup group in the US, I think. There is even another group in Kingwood that concentrates only on that side of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 AM
 
39,099 posts, read 10,849,315 times
Reputation: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Anyone going to this? Richard Dawkins is going to be the featured guest speaker. Other notable guests include Aron-Ra, PZ Meyers, Eugenie Scott, Michael Shermer and Matt Dilahunty. That group alone is enough to raise the average IQ and rationality level of the entire state by 10000%

Texas Freethought Convention
Matt Dilahunty. I'm quite a fan. If I wasn't so strapped for Baht at the moment I'd fly in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2011, 11:43 PM
 
1 posts, read 962 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
There is even another group in Kingwood that concentrates only on that side of town.
This is true! The Kingwood Humble Atascocita Atheists, in northeast Houston. You can also find us on Facebook or meetup.com where the Houston Atheists also organize.

Links for KHA-Atheists
* Kingwood Humble Atascocita Atheists, KHA-Atheists
* Kingwood Humble Atascocita Atheists | Facebook
* http://meetup.kha-atheists.org
* Twitter
* KhaAtheists's Channel - YouTube

Houston Atheists are on meetup.com, Houston Atheists (Houston, TX) - Meetup

Thanks for the mention. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2011, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Oregon
224 posts, read 192,633 times
Reputation: 158
I wish I could be there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2011, 01:43 PM
 
16,098 posts, read 17,899,425 times
Reputation: 15891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Carroll View Post
This is true! The Kingwood Humble Atascocita Atheists, in northeast Houston. You can also find us on Facebook or meetup.com where the Houston Atheists also organize.

Links for KHA-Atheists
* Kingwood Humble Atascocita Atheists, KHA-Atheists
* Kingwood Humble Atascocita Atheists | Facebook
* http://meetup.kha-atheists.org
* Twitter
* KhaAtheists's Channel - YouTube

Houston Atheists are on meetup.com, Houston Atheists (Houston, TX) - Meetup

Thanks for the mention. =)
Hi, Evan. I'm in Pearland and don't go to meetups so far from me, but I'm glad you started up your own group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Englewood, FL
1,460 posts, read 1,492,952 times
Reputation: 956
I wish I could go. How I wish I could go. But how wouldn't anyone guarantee that I would be burned at the stake for my beliefs? What to do...

Last edited by kiggy; 09-21-2011 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,981,222 times
Reputation: 5074
You want a guarantee that you would be burned at the stake? Sorry, the medieval Christians have a monopoly on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Englewood, FL
1,460 posts, read 1,492,952 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
You want a guarantee that you would be burned at the stake? Sorry, the medieval Christians have a monopoly on that.
Thank you! I really didn't want to be burned -- really I don't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Earth
1,113 posts, read 1,882,614 times
Reputation: 757
Kiggy, I noticed in another thread that you said the AA forum is dull and uninteresting. Yet you seem to have a strange attraction to atheists and atheism. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top