Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:26 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Relating the physical to the spiritual is not the same. they are both separate and war against each other.

If you did somebody wrong, I mean seriously, and later felt remorse, then you have a spiritual conviction of which can only be from God.

The spiritual side of you exists as Adam, the physical side of you exists as Eve.

The question is, which of the two will rule you, the desires of the flesh or the desire to please God?

The "fool" would let Eve be in command over Adam.

If you get my analogy there?

Blessings, AJ
You are so far off here in several aspects that this post is only suitable "next door" where the believers are.
You're preaching from the premise that there is a God and I have to repeat that your posts are not pertinent to this forum.

I have to come back and add a brief expanation for remorse that has nothing to do with god(s).
If that has happened, the practical ramifications of my 'wrongdoing' are what would cause the remorse.
For example....Hurt someones feelings or cheated them or commited some other wrong? Then I would be remorseful if that action would cause a rift in a relationship that I want to maintain.

Last edited by old_cold; 09-27-2011 at 04:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Lightbulb "The fool has said in his heart, 'there is no God.'"

Fools say all kinds of things. Even that they believe in invisible sky giants and the like. That particular phrase seems to make believers feel good about their fantasy, and it causes no harm to anyone.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Would somebody else like to to deal with this? Even though I'm utterly fed up seeing David Milliband's mush on TV, I haven't the heart for this and it makes my brain hurt.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Would somebody else like to to deal with this? Even though I'm utterly fed up seeing David Milliband's mush on TV, I haven't the heart for this and it makes my brain hurt.
Not really. The basis premise is flawed to begin with. Our heart pumps blood, it doesn't think, that is what our brain is for.

The bible is full of ridiculous statements that are not even worth arguing about because they are simply irrational.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
If people had to start saying they loved God with all their brain it would take the mystique out of it and sound cold and scientific.
Heart and Soul....yeah, right.
People have now had heart transplants.
They didn't become the person whose heart they got.

Anybody heard of a soul transplant yet?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM

659 posts, read 1,101,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
A creation implies a creator.
No it doesn't.

Quote:
Evolution defies probability statistics by scientific definition.
No it doesn't.

Quote:
There is simply well funded people in high places that don't want to be accountable for their actions.
Yes, and many of them stand behind pulpits.

Quote:
Thus why the Evolution propaganda indoctrinating kids around the globe into this delusional lie continues.
Well, that and the fact that it's not a lie at all.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
I have been a believer in Jesus throughout my life as a Catholic, a Baptist and as a non denominational.
You are just a couple of more steps from seeing The Light!

Quote:
But if you want to discuss the merits of knowing who and what God is in my life,
I would if this were posted in the proper folder. This is the Atheist's "Theist Free Zone." Read the TOS.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,282 times
OK, Okaaayy.

if that make you all any happier.

I'll leave.

But I'll leave you with a blessing.

May your lives be lived in good health and in peace and may all the beautiful things on earth give you all contentment.

Bye, AJ

Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,903 times
What's interesting is that they quote someone who decapitated a philistine after knocking them to the ground with a stone because they were unhappy the philistine didn't die.(1 Samuel 17:49-51) The believers that use that scripture have sociopathic standard of morality and therefore it is more of a compliment when they use that verse. What they're really saying is that they think a fool is someone who actually possesses a sense of empathy and ethics.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,063,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
originally it said:
the fool has said in his heart 'the always existing one does not exist'.

thats pretty much the definition of foolishness.

CHRONUS & AEON : Greek protogenos god of time ; mythology ; pictures : KHRONOS & AION

Khronos was represented in Greco-Roman mosaic as Aion, "eternity" personified. He stands against the sky holding a wheel inscribed with the signs of the zodiac. Beneath his feet Gaia (Mother Earth) is usually seen reclining. The poet Nonnus describes Aion as an old man with long white hair and beard. Mosaics, however, present a youthful figure
who created khronos? didnt he and the other "father gods"(titans) spring from unfathomable Chaos? so who would be the always existing? kronus? or Chaos? wasnt kronus deafeated by Zues( his son) and thus the law of heaven changed... wasnt Zeus all knowing and all present? one pagan onto the other, i suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism