Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 07:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because everything has a source.
Which brings us back to: what is the creator's source? If you're going to say "eternal matter" again, please provide information on what that even is (you don't seem to even know, but are grabbing for it anyway), and what the source of IT is, since per your assertion here, everything has a source.

Please also provide some proof that everything has a source. You keep saying that but I'm not seeing the proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
You're arguing semantics instead of answering the questions put to you.

There it is, folks. The real reason jimmiie is here. Aren't you just angry at god, really.

Time to move on...
... or to just get back on topic, which is, does it have to be "sad" that there is no afterlife.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
You're arguing semantics instead of answering the questions put to you.

There it is, folks. The real reason jimmiie is here. Aren't you just angry at god, really.

Time to move on...

No, just wondering why open-minded people so readily dismiss a creator.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Please don't put words in my mouth. I'll speak for myself.
Well, you just said a conscious creator isn't needed for a conscious creator.

This obviously negates the idea that there must be a conscious creation of everything, since a conscious creator wasn't needed to make a conscious creator.

Simple logic. If even ONE thing does not need a creator, then the ideas "everything needs a creator" and "nothing can exist without having been created" are both negated. Those ideas are now, using your own reasoning, defunct.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:06 PM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
I'm sure you can see that it doesn't help our understanding given that this creator is always invisible and undetectable.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Which brings us back to: what is the creator's source? If you're going to say "eternal matter" again, please provide information on what that even is (you don't seem to even know, but are grabbing for it anyway), and what the source of IT is, since per your assertion here, everything has a source.

The eternal matter theory was mentioned by someone else. Regardless, infinite causation is illogical. It makes sense that there would be an ultimate creator that has always existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Please also provide some proof that everything has a source. You keep saying that but I'm not seeing the proof.
Here's my proof: You can't name anything that is source-less.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
The world may never know. What does this idle pondering have to do with the discussion on whether or not there actually is "a creator," though?

Old 07-06-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
The eternal matter theory was mentioned by someone else. Regardless, infinite causation is illogical. It makes sense that there would be an ultimate creator that has always existed.

Here's my proof: You can't name anything that is source-less.
The fact that I, one person without a scientific background and of limited intellect, can not name anything that's sourceless is your proof that there's a God?

Well okay then.

Solid reasoning.

An ultimate creator that has always existed is NOT logical if we are to use your own reasoning, which is that nothing can be sourceless. Ironically, the one person using logic that, if it is to be believed, DISproves an "ultimate creator," is you.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
... or to just get back on topic, which is, does it have to be "sad" that there is no afterlife.
I think the OP believes that because his conscience tells him there must be something better. Possibly some ultimate "good".

Old 07-06-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I'm sure you can see that it doesn't help our understanding given that this creator is always invisible and undetectable.
How do you explain those who feel different? Why do some (most?) have no problem seeing and knowing a creator?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism