Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2023, 02:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You make no sense. You simply make up stuff without providing any kind of evidence, data.. Reading your post is a time waste. responding like I am doing right now is criminal time waste. be well and adios.
Frightened little child clinging to the mythical mantra she concocted to assuage her fears.

You just have to google. The Egyptian Book of the Dead was extant circa 2,500 BCE. The first ten Hebrew commandments and many of the other commandments were plagiarized from it:

I have not robbed.
I have not coveted
I have not stolen
I have not committed wrong-doing against anyone
I have not done injustice in the place of Truth
I have not done evil
I have not debased a god
I have not done that which the gods abominate
I have not slandered a servant before his superior
I have not killed
I have not commanded to kill
I have not damaged the offerings to the gods
I have not copulated in sin
I have not been lascivious
I have not taken milk from the mouths of children
I have not neglected the days concerning their offerings

Whether you accept the early or late date of the Exodus-that-never-happened doesn't matter, because this text predates X-Moses by at least 1,100 years. It predates Abram/Abraham's arrival in Canaan by 600 years.

The Hebrew text claims they were in Egypt even though there is no evidence to support that claim. There is evidence the tribes of Reuben, Simeon, and Levi were in Egypt because they all have Egyptian names as opposed to members of the other tribes mentioned in Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus who all have distinctly Canaanite names.

But, none of that matters since the Levant was under Egyptian suzerainty for centuries.

That makes the whole thing stupid since they fled Egypt to go live in Egypt which is like someone fleeing Britain to go live in the British Virgin Isles or someone fleeing the US to live in the US Virgin Islands.

The point being the Hebrews were heavily influenced by Egyptian culture and not just for a few days or months but centuries and centuries.

The x-tian apologists will claim these aren't commandments from a god, but that is a specious claim, because the purpose of those recitations is to prove to the gods you are worthy of whatever it is you want from the gods, including an afterlife.

I'm not sufficiently versed in ancient Egyptian to know if "kill" actually means "kill" or if it means "murder" but I suspect it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2023, 02:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
To answer OP question: How silly.

I just kind of wish (not holding my breath) that low IQ and/or seriously irrational people of any ilk would either just wake up or disappear, but that's only me selfishly wanting a happier, more functional world.
Quote:
Eugenics. Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
This a winner. Unbelievable. A massive ego, as well as a lot of ignorance to go along with that extremely 'high' IQ of yours is about the most unattractive and revolting thing EVER. You have slap missed the common sense boat. Have fun on the planet by yourself, we will all be anywhere else other than near you. That **** can rub off, you know.
Not eugenics, but natural selection.

People ignore how modern technology interferes with natural selection.

And then there's history that the two of you are totally ignorant of.

After Jeremiah and Hilkiah forged Deuteronomy and conveniently left it for King Josiah to find, Josiah was convince he was the Yahweh-thing's chosen one and the proof of that is he got an arrow through his eye and his dead body dragged around the battlefield behind his chariot until the Egyptians cut off his head and paraded it around the walls of Jerusalem.

It went down-hill from there. The kingdom was over-run and the people carted off into captivity.

In captivity, Hebrew high culture, the intelligentsia, was destroyed. They were executed, or thrown in prison until they died, and the lucky ones who got to work in the king's court had no contact with their own people.

The Hebrews don't have a government, so they couldn't collect taxes and they couldn't run their own schools. Most of the Hebrews end up speaking Aramaic.

When they returned later, the region was under Greek control and so most Hebrews spoke Greek instead of Hebrew, which is why the Septuagint was written.

High culture is the art, music, prose, poetry, philosophy and such. It is necessary for any culture to survive. The reason the Hebrews never re-established their kingdom is not because of the political situation, it's because they didn't have the brain power to set up and run a government.

That's because everyone was low/gutter culture.

You can see that in the Great Isaiah Scroll. Conspiracy theories abound, but the real reason it took so long to translate was because the scribe was low/gutter culture and his orthography was horrid. It took them years to decipher the characters he was actually trying to write.

His spelling and grammar was atrocious (as is the case for all the texts in the DSS).

Heard of Ebonics? This would be Hebonics.

The scribe's command of Hebrew was so poor, he didn't understand most of the words and substituted them with what he thought were synonyms but weren't and it took translators years to figure out what he was actually trying to say.

The low/gutter culture people -- the low information voters -- are a bane to any society and ultimately destroy it. The Hebrews weren't the only victims. There are 100s of societies that fell and that includes recent history. You can look at Afghanistan where the Taliban have killed or forced into exile the intelligentsia.

It's in everyone's best interest to eradicate low information voters and the most benevolent way to do that is demand higher standards but that isn't allowed so the US will eventually end up in the sewer with the Tidy Bowl Man.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:08 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Frightened little child clinging to the mythical mantra she concocted to assuage her fears.

You just have to google. The Egyptian Book of the Dead was extant circa 2,500 BCE. The first ten Hebrew commandments and many of the other commandments were plagiarized from it:

I have not robbed.
I have not coveted
I have not stolen
I have not committed wrong-doing against anyone
I have not done injustice in the place of Truth
I have not done evil
I have not debased a god
I have not done that which the gods abominate
I have not slandered a servant before his superior
I have not killed
I have not commanded to kill
I have not damaged the offerings to the gods
I have not copulated in sin
I have not been lascivious
I have not taken milk from the mouths of children
I have not neglected the days concerning their offerings

Whether you accept the early or late date of the Exodus-that-never-happened doesn't matter, because this text predates X-Moses by at least 1,100 years. It predates Abram/Abraham's arrival in Canaan by 600 years.

The Hebrew text claims they were in Egypt even though there is no evidence to support that claim. There is evidence the tribes of Reuben, Simeon, and Levi were in Egypt because they all have Egyptian names as opposed to members of the other tribes mentioned in Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus who all have distinctly Canaanite names.

But, none of that matters since the Levant was under Egyptian suzerainty for centuries.

That makes the whole thing stupid since they fled Egypt to go live in Egypt which is like someone fleeing Britain to go live in the British Virgin Isles or someone fleeing the US to live in the US Virgin Islands.

The point being the Hebrews were heavily influenced by Egyptian culture and not just for a few days or months but centuries and centuries.

The x-tian apologists will claim these aren't commandments from a god, but that is a specious claim, because the purpose of those recitations is to prove to the gods you are worthy of whatever it is you want from the gods, including an afterlife.

I'm not sufficiently versed in ancient Egyptian to know if "kill" actually means "kill" or if it means "murder" but I suspect it does.

That is a boat load of bla bla bla hebrews bla blablabla Canaanite blablabal X-Tian.
It is all Egyptian and Canaanite to me. Sorry.

Old 06-13-2023, 06:09 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
That is a boat load of bla bla bla hebrews bla blablabla Canaanite blablabal X-Tian.
It is all Egyptian and Canaanite to me. Sorry.
What's wrong with that? You've told us that all religions are just different paths to the same god.

Or have you changed your mind?

Old 06-13-2023, 06:58 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
To answer OP question: How silly.

I just kind of wish (not holding my breath) that low IQ and/or seriously irrational people of any ilk would either just wake up or disappear, but that's only me selfishly wanting a happier, more functional world.
I have to agree that there are some people that will never get it. I wonder how much is intelligence tho. It looks more to me like scapegoating and a general lack of empathy.

Old 06-14-2023, 06:45 AM

19,973 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I have to agree that there are some people that will never get it. I wonder how much is intelligence tho. It looks more to me like scapegoating and a general lack of empathy.
I don't think it has much to do with (actual, native) intelligence. It has to do with epistemology, the theory of what knowledge is and how one accurately comes by it. When you think knowledge is simply asserted by old books and authority figures as interpreted by shamans, then you become dumber and dumber because whatever intelligence you possess is suppressed and devalued. Your decisions become increasingly driven by formulas and superstitions and fears and the need to placate and fit in with others, etc.

Old 06-14-2023, 10:40 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I don't think it has much to do with (actual, native) intelligence. It has to do with epistemology, the theory of what knowledge is and how one accurately comes by it. When you think knowledge is simply asserted by old books and authority figures as interpreted by shamans, then you become dumber and dumber because whatever intelligence you possess is suppressed and devalued. Your decisions become increasingly driven by formulas and superstitions and fears and the need to placate and fit in with others, etc.

Old 06-27-2023, 09:41 PM

10,890 posts, read 7,376,511 times
Don't actually care. Believe what you want, and I'll just write you off as dumb.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:53 AM

8,660 posts, read 3,858,794 times
Quote:
At least you acknowledge this is a self-centered thought; it’s no different than the theists who arrogantly believe we are less than relative to our atheism (and those who wish to change us ‘for our own good’). Relative to the thread, it’s pretentiousness (no matter the side of the fence you stand).

Old 08-20-2023, 01:33 PM

126 posts, read 81,028 times
I would like to see the end of "organized religion" that has strong dogma in imposing its will on other people, including those who are not of their faith...but I do not want to see the end to "spirituality". I put spirituality in quotes because it means different things to completely different people. I don't believe in a supernatural "spirit", so I use the term in "the search for meaning/purpose in life" in other words a form of personal growth. Or as wikipedia defines one possibly way "deepest values and meanings by which people live".

So for example I personally am into mindfulness meditation and the exploration of our mind and suffering. It is "spiritual" in a way but in no way shape or form supernatural, dogmatic etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism