Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 PM

282 posts, read 634,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Saddened for what? Of another man's alleged, ill actions? Please!!
Place your energy on better things, not a rich pastor under fire. Place your hopes on kids who need mentoring/guidance, issues such poverty, education, reversing the ills of racism, sexism, etc. Not some rich pastor, who may have or may have not engaged in sexual acts with young boys.

ROFLMAO!!! It's coming soon......just wait.

YOu're too much!!! Praise-a-thon!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

GTHOH....Now, someone probably set him up, right? These irresponsible characters had their day coming. They've been preying on the ignorant for too long, with their nonsense, and now it's a black megachurch witch hunt?

I didn't see you come in defense for Ted Haggard and the other scams (Benny Hinn). Please, leave black and white out of it. It's about personal responsibility. We're not 100% sure he did it. Let's leave it at that, but don't make it look like Long, Dollar, Olstein aren't about money. They are. Stop lying to yourself.

I can't stand people who want to blame the devil, the agnostic, atheist, level headed, non fanatics for their wrongdoings. Take responsibility for your own actions. Stop blaming the devil and others for your vices. (Not speaking of you, but in general).

If I screw up, I take the blame. I don't go blame the devil.....

That's like your child blaming Leprechauns/Trolls for misbehaving. PLEASE!!!
Dude you & I have to be related for some damn reason...Everything You write I co sign. Like A lot of stuff you say, Sometimes you even beat me to punches I was gonna say...not just here But city data period dawg.

Im starting to have a man crush on you man. We should hold hands a stroll in Piedmont Park for crying out loud!

Anyway yea man..The whole "the devil is a lie" crap gets on my nerves to. Then you have the Praise God sistagirls, hoping he can beat the issue....who cares? just sit back and enjoy the drama. Eddie Long is no more a man of God than Hitler was. Dude is a coward, plain & simple. Now its We We We? "We gonna beat this" "They cant slow us down" Like his church is under the scope....ANYONE can replace dude and hold it down at Philips Arena Jr aka Their megachurch. Now its a "we" thing & not a "him" thing. NEGRO PLEASE! So I dont support this guy that make me the devil? See how clouded all this is? Bishop Eddie Long likes the smell of teenage boys boxer shorts and it comes to light, now critism comes out and people telling us not to cast stones? Not to gossip? Man...some all yall people need open your eyes. He says he is going to fight IT? What is he fighting? Who is he fighting? The critics? the media? the general public? the LGBT community? Anti Christians?.....buttom line dude is fighting himself. He is his own enemy.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
A priest whom preaches against homosexuality, and accused of allegedly being involved in homosexual acts with minors?? Ya ever noticed these days, it is these religious officials getting accused of doing things they speak out against?? This stuff just doesnt come at random. No sympathy from me.

Last edited by nature's message; 09-27-2010 at 03:40 AM..

Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
His address to the congregation can be summed up like this;
"Liar, liar; pants on fire!"

Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Hopefully the Long case will at least help bring an end to black church homophobia. It's sad to see Americans still using religion to beat each other up in the 21st Century. Here's an excellent article by Prof. Anthea Butler on the subject:

Eddie Long Case Should Mark the End of Black Church Homophobia | Religion Dispatches

Yeah. I know it won't, but something like this COULD be used as an excellent chance for some soul-searching on an issue that has been swept under the rug and/or demonized for years. The whole reason this 'down low' crap is such a phenomenon is because people have had such a problem dealing with the fact that sometimes people are just gay, and that doesn't mean that they're evil or sick. It just means that they're gay people living in society with the rest of us, and we have to accept them like we would any of the other people God put on this earth.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
Yeah. I know it won't, but something like this COULD be used as an excellent chance for some soul-searching on an issue that has been swept under the rug and/or demonized for years. The whole reason this 'down low' crap is such a phenomenon is because people have had such a problem dealing with the fact that sometimes people are just gay, and that doesn't mean that they're evil or sick. It just means that they're gay people living in society with the rest of us, and we have to accept them like we would any of the other people God put on this earth.
That is an idea that i have been tossing about. This all seems very strange--FWIW.

It has certainly generated discussion. The attorney for the defendants acknowledges it will be 'difficult' to prove the allegations? Rather timely since the CA proposition was sent to the Supreme Court or is on its way to the SC.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I am disturbed by so many Christians' focus and fixation on pastors and Christian personalities. So many Christians exalt pastors snd Christian celebrities more than they exalt and talk about Jesus. Perhaps the biggest sin in the church today is idolatry of Christian celebrities and churchianity.
Amen!

Worshiping the creature, more than the creator and what is the result of that?

Romans 1:25-26 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:"

Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leydenhouse View Post
I will never cease to sing the praises of Bishop Eddie. The Treasury Department should issue a $1000 bill with his likeness on both sides. He should get the David Vitter Award for pubic service. The Bishop has more big ideas than Newt Gingrich. He is the very symbol of Neo-Confederate America: predatory, greedy, hypocritical and moon face fat. I pray he has given his thousands of supporters what they deserve. I pray that he has stolen their rent, grocery money, tuition, the pennies saved for their Gramma's cancer surgery and their Social Security checks. I pray they leave church with d**k snot dripping from every orifice and that he runs them over with the Bentley. Conservatives rejoice! God is answering your prayers: Palin, McCain, Angle, Vitter, Craig, and now my new hero, The Reverend Pastor Bishop Preacher Evangelist Eddie Long. Jesus continues to pour out his blessings on our Most Christian Nation!
Most idiotic post of the tread! Your rank partisanship is showing in that you only named Conservative/Republicans as if Libs/Dems are immune from such.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 AM

4,606 posts, read 6,429,984 times
Does anyone else wonder why this is so much "Bishop," "Apostle," and "Prophet" inflation these days? There was a time, when these sacred titles were something special to be held in the highest esteem.....

Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 AM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Amen!

Worshiping the creature, more than the creator and what is the result of that?

Romans 1:25-26 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:"

Well, in their defense, these newer preachers have way more flashy bling than Jesus ever did! I mean, who are you gonna worship? Someone who could only afford some rags and some sandals, or this!? ::

Prosperity gospel, baby. If Jesus was so great, he would've been turning water into Rolls Royce's like Creflo does.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:26 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Does anyone else wonder why this is so much "Bishop," "Apostle," and "Prophet" inflation these days? There was a time, when these sacred titles were something special to be held in the highest esteem.....
I don't know. My own Protestant denomination and particularly my family doessn't ascribe to that concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta