Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by americancoffee View Post
why can't atlanta become its own state and vote in its own governor. then maybe we wouldnt have to vote some redneck doofus into office like nathan deal and roy barnes. god i wish i still lived in new york.
I agree, it's a bad choice between dumb and dumber here this cycle, but what would you get in NY? Spitzer? Cuomo? Paladino? Patterson?

Politicians in NY are just as bad and probably more corrupt, but just with a different accent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 06:53 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
vote Monds....

Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,400,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I personally think they should run a joint advertisement to go something like this: (Now close your eyes and picture these two drones on a front porch talking to you together)

"Howdy, I'm Roy Barnes! And I'm Nathan Deal! Each of us are running for Governor of Georgia, neither of us are worth a damn so we have decided to ask jointly for your vote. Yes Georgia, no matter which one of us wins, being the past failed Governor who's record was so bad he cannot run on it, or him, Nathan, the salvage yard owner who may have to file Chapter 7 because he cannot run his own familes finances,,,, well shucks! Y'all know what we mean! Don't matter no difference none, C'mon Georgia! Just come out and vote as many times as possible for one of us! Then bend over and prepare for our penetration! Yepper folks, you thought Sonny was bad? Shucks, were just like Obama! Ya' ain't seen nuttin yet!"

Hey Nathan? Yuz still chasin' those homeosexuals in the name of Jesus? Hee Hee Hee. Very funny Roy! Yuz still representing Jesus pro bono while he does your grass? Hee Hee Hee.

Yepper, November 2 is comin' close, so by golly make sure you are there. It's Tuesday! The day before hump day! Now C'mon Roy, don't say hump day, that just ain't natural.

Tomorrows advertisement will be Roy and Nate, win a date!

Well Howdy Howdy Ho! Atlantoe! It's us again!
Roy here, and I'm Nate! Yepper we are once again campainin' for yer vote.
You know folks, tomorrow is erection day. Darn it Roy it's not erection! Do all of you Democrats have potty mouth, it's Elaction sometin' spellin! Hee Hee yer a funny one there Nate, just about as funny as one of these here cows and they only go moo.
Well Roy, I'm glad to see while most folks around here are out of work or sittin' on the freeway you are ridin' high in yer areoplane in and out of Peachtree Dunwoody Aeroport. Why don't ya talk about your transportation plan you had the last time you were Governor, oh that's right you can't. Hee Hee. Oh Nate, just shut yer mouth, you know darn tootin' well that you would be flyin' around too but yer Cessner was repossessed. Hee Hee Hee.

So folks, I'm here to say sleep well, get up early, and vote for ME! Roy Barnes, early and often. Don't worry if I lose I will sue the state, the fed, Nate, and???? Oh Hell, anybody that I can make a buck on, hee hee. So don't be coy, vote often for Roy! I thank ya for your vote on this coming erection.

Ok now people, you see my competiton, all I ask for is your vote, yepper just once, anything more than one I have issues in regard to countin' If I lose, well shucks, I hope you enjoy another back to that there future event of hard??? hard??? shucks you know, them not so good times and such. With me I can balance budg..... woops, I am very inclusiv... woops, Ok, I love Jesus. And if I don't win? Well, I guess I will be able to get my Bankruptcy taken care of early.. So, If you love Jesus, don't like them there homo's, like to drink on all day's but the Sabbath than get the Deal, yepper the Real Deal, or Deal Real, or something like that. I thank ya for yer vote this coming election. Remember, most poolin' stations are in churches in Georgia, so vote for me, Jesus told ya so... There ya go.. I knew I would get it. Hey Nate come on, yer over time. Oh shut up Roy I have 15 minutes and only ran over by 3 minutes so I only talked for 21 minutes. That's right math right?

Good Luck Georgia!!! We may really need Jesus before this crew is finished.
Never thought I would say this, can Sonny run as a write in?

Old 11-01-2010, 06:00 PM

lol funny guy

Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Seems to me that in Georgia it's a forgone conclusion the Republican will win. The Dems grouse about it but they won't show up to vote.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
TIme to move SMH......

Old 11-02-2010, 10:40 PM

Nathan "Ghetto Grandmother" Deal is Georgias governor now. 4 more years of

Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM

I voted today, but damn, this kinda sucks. Deal just doesnt seem modern or up to speed to be the state govenor til 2014, I wonder how this effects the future.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,356,662 times
I guess we'll find out what it's like to live through have a sitting Governor indicted now.

How very, very sad. Deal makes Sonny-Bubba almost look good.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I guess we'll find out what it's like to live through have a sitting Governor indicted now.
Ironic that Casey Cagle dropped out of the governor's race due to 'health concerns' but may end up as governor anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta